Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 9

ALEX'S POV

I woke up smiling. And when I turned my head to the right, I was the one this time surprised that it wasn't a dream. But I was happy. For now. I sighed because I knew I would have to let Erin decide if she wanted us to carry on like this, to go into a proper relationship, or if we would just be friends and she'd give me the whole "I'm sorry and let's stay friends" speech. And I would just play along with it. Because I couldn't do it. I couldn't hurt her. I couldn't ruin this friendship. And if she was pregnant...I couldn't have her and my kid away from me. It was just heartbreaking to even think about. I sighed heavily and went to get in the shower.

The water felt good against my skin, and relaxed me from the fear of what was about to come. I didn't care if she didn't want a relationship, just as long as she didn't go back to England. I changed into a pair of skinnies and a white v-neck, dried my hair and walked back into the bedroom. Erin was sat up in the bed, looking around.

"Het sleepyhead," I said, sitting down on the side of the bed and stroking her hair.

She smiled sweetly and then she let the smile go. Oh here we go. "Alex...uhm, about last night..."

I decided to save her from breaking my heart and spoke. "Ah Erin, I'm so sorry about that. I guess I kinda got carried away after I promised you we wouldn't...I'm sorry. I know you just wanna be friends and so do I. As long as its best friends, yeah?"

She looked taken aback for a moment. "Uhm...yeah...sure...and you don't mind being just friends?"

"BEST friends, remember?" I amended. She smiled again.

"Of course. So...no awkwardness?"

"Nope, none whatsoever. I promise bit to try that again," I said, and kissed her forehead. What she didn't realise is that I had my fingers crossed behind my back. Not try that again? Hah. Yeah right. That was the second best night of my life. The first being the first day I slept with her.

ERIN'S POV

Alex left so that I could get changed an he could make me breakfast. I went to my room, clutching the clothes from yesterday and found an orange camisole and some black skinnies. I didn't really care about my hair. It was naturally wavy and already looked good, do I just gave it a quick brush through. I didn't bother with make up. I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

And my best friend didn't seem like he wanted me to impress him...if only he knew how much I loved last night. I really do wish that he could feel the same way, but he only wanted me as a best friend. And nothing more. He only wanted a pick me up last night. Damn. I fell too hard too fast.

I sighed to myself and looked at my reflection in the mirror. Come on girl, suck it up. Just go down there and eat breakfast dammit! Alex is your best friend Erin! Best friends confuse their feelings sometimes, right? Come on girl, you can do this! It'll be fine. Put your game face on!

So I did just that. I put on a smile, held my stance, and made my way to the kitchen.

Alex smiled huge when I sat down at the counter. "So...I have a surprise for you..." he trailed off with an evil smile.

"What is it?" I asked, not sure what to expect.

He whirled around and banged down a plate of loads of lettuce with chocolate spread rolled up. "OH MY GOD ALEX YOU ARE THE BEST!" I yelled in happiness and threw my arms around him, which was kinda awkward as I was on one side of the counter and he was on the other. But he still hugged me back.

"When did you get this?" I asked, tucking in.

"You spent so long getting ready this morning, I figured I'd go to the store and grab some groceries, and you're breakfast...or should I say craving?" I laughed at him.

"Alex, we don't even know if I am yet. Which reminds me..." I trailed off just to keep him guessing. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad. It didn't actually feel awkward. It was just like before, only I knew which bed I'd rather be sleeping in, and the urge to kiss my best friend was very strong, but I could get past that. Because I knew he cared for me. He loved me, even of it was just as a best friend.

"Of? What does it remind you of?"

I smiled, and was about to answer him when I felt that familiar churning in my stomach. "Oh shit," I gasped as I ran to the bathroom to throw up, second time now. Although I was slightly pleased. It meant the chances were high.

Alex held my hair back again, and I caught my breath and just collapsed against him on the bathroom floor again. His string arms went round me and held me protectively.

"Yknow...this gives us a good inclination I what's going on," he said, stroking my hair. It was so hard to resist turning and kissing him. But I was content in his arms for now.

"Yeah. I was just thinking the same thing." I'm sure he could hear the smile in my voice.

"AHHHH I can't wait to find out for sure! You're killing me here Erin!"

"I thought you said you wouldn't bug me about getting a test anymore?" I teased.

"I'm a guy. We change our minds easily, and I'm REALLY curious," he groaned. I almost felt sorry for him.

I finally decided to break the news. "Well, Alex, turns out when I was calculating when I would be due on, I may have slightly miscalculated."

Alex almost cried. "No!!! Please don't say I have to wait any longer!"

I giggled. "Well..." I started, and Alex groaned again, "I looked at my calendar this morning...and actually I'm due on day after tomorrow."

Silence. Then all hell broke loose. Alex pulled me up to stand and spun me around as he cheered as though his life depended on it. He quickly remembered to rid the toilet of my puke and practically shoved the mouthwash down my throat, and then sat me down on the sofa...and put the tv on. That was his big celebration. To put the damned tv on. And I was so hoping he would kiss me. Hmph, well a girl can still dream eh? Then again, dreams were what got me into this mess, if you could call it that.

Alex cuddled me close to his side. "So, if you don't come on day after tomorrow...you're gonna actually get a test done?"

"I guess. I mean, I may as well."

Alex grinned down at me. "Awesome!" he said, kissing my forehead. "And just to show you how freaking ecstatic I am...I'm gonna let you chose what we put on tv."

I thought about it and asked for a DVD. He had all sorts and I finally found my favourite. I couldn't actually believe he had it. "Oh my god, you have Big Fish?"

"Yeah, Mom and Dad got it me for Christmas one year. I haven't actually watched it though."

"Well now is the time mister!!!"

Alex got us popcorn and drinks, no alcohol for me "just in case" and we settled down in each others arms and watche the mist beautiful film in the whole world. At least it was to me. It was a little treasure that hardly anyone knew about. But what a treasure it was.

We got through the first movie, and it was only 2:30PM so Alex put another one in. I requested the second pirates of the Caribbean. I'm sorry, but how can you not live Johnny Depp in that? He's so hot...and dressed up as a pirate...I got butterflies just thinking about him.

I must have drifted off, because when I woke up it was dark and me and Alex were lying on the sofa. It was big enough for two of us, but Alex might want his own bed. I shook him awake, and he drowsily opened his eyes. "C'mon sweetie, we should go to bed. We leave for Canada tomorrow, remember? I doubt a night on the sofa is gonna do your back a lot of good."

Alex shook his head and pulled me against his chest, arms wrapping around me. "Nope. I'm too tired to move. And you can't do anything about it, cos you can't carry me."

I sighed. "That's true, fatass."

He laughed and I was secretly happy I got to spend another night in his arms. Just sleeping. It was...nice.

*next day, on the nigjt*
ALEX'S POV

We finished our set, and waited for the crowds to cheer us back on. We were with simple plan too, and they absolutely killed it!

After we felt we'd left the crowd hanging enough, we ran back on stage and burr into Do You Want Me (Dead)? I saw Erin dancing side stage and smiled to myself. Tonight was one of the best performances I had ever given and it was all down to her. No one could make me feel like she did. And when we just slept on the couch lat night, it was perfect. Honestly, I wanted that for the rest of my life. She didn't know it but I kept waking up just so I could look at her. She was just so beautiful. And I think she was warming to me a little more...in that OTHER way. You know? Not just friends. I was ecstatic. And plus...tomorrow was the day that we would finally find out if we were gonna be parents. Erin was sick again this morning. And normal straight after, so it all looked good. I know I shouldn't be happy she's puking her guts up but...it was evidence. And I wanted a baby so bad. I wanted HER to have a baby so bad. My baby.

"Thanks guys, we're All Time Low, you have been fucking awesome and we'll see yah next time!" I yelled into the mike as we started playing Dear Maria. I was absolutely buzzing. You have no idea. I had told every single one of the fans that we met that I loved them, and hugged them and gave them all a kiss on the cheek. Even the guys, which they probably found strange but didn't complain. Hey a fans a fan right? Some of them liked it.

We finished our set for good, threw out guitar pics and set lists, then threw out the water bottles for them.

I got off stage and hugged Erin tightly. "So how was it?" I asked her.

She smiled that beautiful smile of hers and kissed me on the cheek, lingering a little. "You guys were incredible! Then again, I'm a fan so I'll always think that even of your show sucked complete ass."

"Well I'll just assume we were incredible and ignore the rest. Now, who wants to go watch a Home Alone marathon on the bus? Jack asked, with more enthusiasm than anyone felt.

We knew we wouldn't get out of it cos hey, it's Jack. And it's Home Alone. Together, no one stands a chance against him. We all just sighed and nodded as Jack lead the way beaming from ear to ear. But it also meant snuggle under a blanket time with Erin.
So it wasn't that bad. When Erin decided she was tired enough, she went to her bunk and I followed her. I hugged her as she got in her bunk.

"Tomorrow's the big day then! I am so excited! I mean I've been waiting like a whole week or something for tomorrow!!! Like seriously! Did you already buy the test?" I asked her, smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"Yes," she giggled. "It's right at the bottom of the bunk, ready for tomorrow. I always come on when I go to pee in the morning...so fingers crossed."

"Yeah," I said, returning her smile. "Fingers crossed." just as I was closing her curtain, I started to worry. What if she took the test without me? I quickly stripped off so I was just in my boxers and somehow clambered in the bunk with her. She looked at me in shock. I just shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't want you to go take the test without me. Do I'm making sure you can't." Erin shook her head but smiled, and then lay her head on my chest as I pulled the covers over us and wrapped my arms around her. She belonged here. Forever. Right here in my arms. I just knew it. I hoped she realised soon too.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I don't really know what I was doing with his one, I just kinda wanted to speed it all up. And just so yknow, I won't be going through the whole tour. I just don't really know how to write about it. Let me know what you think!!!!

I do not own any ATL band/crew