Status: COMPLETE

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me

Chapter 8

ERIN'S POV

Alex sat next to me on the plane. I was so nervous. I'd never been on a plane before. I couldn't stop jumping around in my seat. Eventually Alex let the laugh out that he'd been trying to stifle when I jumped so high that I banged my head on the overhead luggage carrier.

"Stupid thing," I grumbled. Alex just laughed harder.

"Hey Jack! She just did what you did the first time you were on a plane!" Alex called out to Jack, who was sat in front of us. He turned around in his seat and rubbed my head playfully.

"N'aww. That's what you get for stealing my best friend, karma's a bitch," he winked.

"Hey! You said it was okay cos he was still you're husband! And I'm a girl so it's different," I said, poking my tongue out at him.

"Ahh indeed young Watson! It is different!" he said in an extremely bad English accent. "It is different because HE WANTS TO GET IN YOUR PANTS!" he shouted, loud enough for the whole plane to hear. The stewardesses looked over and gave him a weird look.

"Jack!" I laughed. "Wanna say it any louder, I don't think china heard you!" He actually opened his mouth to give it a go. I shoved a hand over it so he wouldn't yell again. "Jack, Alex does NOT want to get in my pants. We're friends, Kay? F.R.I.E.N.D.S. That's it. Anyway you should be happy, that way you get the benefits of marriage with him too," I winked.

Jack wagged his eyebrows. "Oh yes. Marital privileges...can't wait until we get off this plane, Gaskarth." This time he winked at Alex. I couldn't stop the giggles as I looked at his clueless face.

Eventually he gave a little smile. "Yeah. Can't wait..." Well that was odd. No joke? No witty come back? What the hell? Hmm, maybe he was just tired. Just wanted to go home.

I gave Jack an odd look. He just shrugged and whispered, so that only I could hear him, "told you he wants to get in your pants," and then turned around to annoy Danny.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Alex. "Are you okay hun?" Yeah, we called each other stuff like this. It was just natural I guess. A friend thing.

Alex looked at me and smiled, this time a real smile. "Yeah, I'm good. Don't you worry your pretty little head." Then he ruffled my hair, I giggled and lay my head on his shoulder. His right arm went around my shoulders, and his left hand held my left hand. We fell asleep like this the whole way to America. His home. My home? I liked it when we sat like this. It was comforting.

ALEX'S POV

Zack shook me awake when we landed, careful not to wake Erin up. From experience we knew she freaked if anyone but I woke her up. It was weird, but I liked it. It meant I was winning some part of her over. I sighed and looked at the sleeping beauty on my shoulder. She told me whenever her mom or dad woke her up, it was always to yell at her, followed by a beating, and they got a kick out of it. The only ones she really trusted were her grandparents on her fathers side. And now they were gone. So really, she was telling me she trusted me. I was the only one who could wake her up. I smiled at the thought, savoured this little moment between us, and woke her up, pulling her back to reality and snapping me out of my daydream that every day could be like this. That she could always be here, right next to me, in what I thought as my fantasy. My fairy tale.

I ruffled her hair and whispered good morning into her ear.

Erin made a cute little sound in her throat and snuggled in closer. I laughed at her.

"Honey, we're here. We're home," I smiled.

Her eyes fluttered open and DAMN it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. Her huge green eyes finally locked with mine and she said "home?"

Nodding, I answered "Uhuh, Baltimore. Maryland. America. Our home." I put emphasis on the word home and she smiled hugely.

We got off the plane, and into our respective cars. Rian and Zack were headed over to LA, me and Jack were off to our own homes and to see our parents after a well deserved sleep. We did our little manly goofy weird best dude friends hug and Jack gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek before turning his attention to Erin and hugging her goodbye. He whispered something into Erin's ear, which made her blush.

For a moment I saw green...no. Not Jack. I mean, he knew I liked her as more than a friend. I told him and he'd promised not to say a word, that was why I got so distant when he started telling the whole fucking plane that I wanted to get into her pants. I mean I did...but it was more than that. I wanted to be with her. In a real relationship. Still, I didn't want the plane knowing I wanted her in ANY way.

We finally got into my car and asked her. "So what did Jack say that was so dirty you went as red as a tomato?" I tried to make it sound like a joke, but I don't think it was quite up to my usual standard.

She just looked down and mumbled "nothing" so quietly I barely caught it.

"Oh come on, it can't have been that bad! What, did he hit on you?" Please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no...

"No," she said. Thank god! I knew she was telling the truth. Whenever she lied her voice changed a little and she scratched her elbow.

"So what is it then?"

She paused and I stole a look at her as I was driving. She looked really nervous for some reason. "He said...I mean he told me...you are happy with us being friends right? You never thought about me as something...more?"

Oh lord. Come on Gaskarth, make a joke. Smile and fake it! You can do this! "Well I wouldn't say I NEVER thought about it...I mean the night we met..." I trailed off and she hit me in the arm again. She did that a lot...I was used to it now. I laughed and said "No, I'm completely happy with us being BEST friends," amending her statement. Best friends? Yes I was happy with that...kinda. Just normal friends? No way. I don't get to hug her as much then

Erin breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank god. Jack was saying he was serious about what he said on the plane...and I just thought, it could be awkward between us..."

"Chill yo beans Erin! Seriously, don't stress, he was just winding you up," I laughed. I had a pretty good fake laugh. "But if you ever change your mind about it being awkward..." I trailed off and winked at her.

She grinned and burst into giggles. Well at last I'd said it. Kind of. Maybe she only thought it was a joke. But I didn't care. The seed was planted. I just had to nurture it and help it grow.

For the rest of the drive, she sang along to the radio with that smile on her face and I listened to her and joined in. She was a pretty good singer. I bet she didn't even know, and I liked that.

We pulled up outside my house and she stared at it. "Wow...it's beautiful. I love it. And I get to live here?" Erin looked at me with a disbelieving but happy face.

"Yeah," I smiled, "and you wanna know the best part?"

"What?"

"You get to live here with me! YAY!" Erin laughed at me again, but when we got out of the car, she engulfed me in a hug and we did our little happy dance.

ERIN'S POV

Alex showed me round the house. The kitchen was huge, the living room was huge, the bathrooms were huge, the bedrooms were huge...basically everything was huge in this house! Alex helped me unpack in the guest room, and ran around for a little while with my underwear on his head. He even helped me put all my poster up, including my All Time Low ones. Even though he did laugh at me for it. That earned him another slap on the arm. Maybe I should stop abusing him because it really was nice of him to let me stay here.

By 3:00PM both me an Alex were unpacked and sorted, and we were just sitting down to eat pizza that had been delivered, seen as we didn't really have much food in. I begged him to get some lettuce and chocolate sauce with me when we went grocery shopping because I, being the silly girl I am, had left my bank card at home. Then again, it wasn't like I had anything in it. Maybe £20.00? I felt bad that Alex was paying for everything but he insisted. I told him I'd find a job and pay him back for everything. He rolled his eyes and said yeah right.

As I was just about to pinch some of Alex's pizza, because he'd stolen a slice of mine, the door went. Alex regretfully put his pizza down on the coffee table, knowing full well when he got back that pizza would have somehow made its way into my box of cheese and tomato pizza. Yeah I was boring, so shoot me.

When Alex walked back in, he was beaming and an older man and woman followed him. "Mom, Dad, this is my new bestie, roomie and pizza thief, Erin. Erin, these are my parents."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Yes Alex, I know, I'm an obsessed fan, remember? I watched Steaight To DVD, and we've all seen photos of you with them as a kid on twitter and tumblr and such."

"Oh yeah, I guess I forgot...you stopped being a stalker and turned into my best friend as far a I'm concerned."

I chuckled and held my hand out to Alex's bemused parents. "Hi, like he said, my name's Erin," I smiled.

"Right," Isobel Gaskarth answered, with a bright smile. "Anf how did you two meet?"

After we'd explained everything to them, aside the part about me possibly being pregnant and the father being Alex, they caught me yawning and falling asleep on Alex's arm and left us to rest.

"Come on then sweetie, bedtime!" Alex said as he trod to tickle me to get me to move.

"No," I managed to answer between laughs. "I don't wanna move."

"Oh well, I guess you'll have to sleep in my room." Alex looked at me with a devilish grin.

"Fine," I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and put my head on his shoulder. He chuckled and carried me upstairs to his room.

He laid me on the bed and took off my skinny jeans for me. My eyes opened just to SER him take his shirt off. Oh god, I was starting to become attracted to my best friend. As he reached down to take off his jeans I quickly closed my eyes and rolled over so I was completely spread out on the bed, face to the pillow.

Alex jumped on top off me. "OOF!!! Alex! What the hell are you doing?" I laughed.

"I'm raping you," he whispered in a creepy Dracula voice...I guess that was his attempt...he did make me laugh.

"It's not rape if I consent," I joked.

Alex somehow turned me around so my back was on the bed. His arms pinned me down.

"Would you?" he asked teasingly, but I couldn't think there was something more in this. Something he wouldn't tell me.

And I don't know why I said what I said next, but I answered yes, and before I knew it we were both naked, and his hands were all over me, touching my thighs, my waist, my boobs, my neck, his kisses were everywhere too, and then before I knew it, he'd taken us both into a complete world of utter bliss. And I didn't even care how I would feel tomorrow. I just knew that that night was heaven. It killed me that I could never have it again. Not with him. Not with my best friend. Not withe the guy who wanted a cheap thrill. But for this one night, it didn't matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I just thought why the hell not? I have a few plans about where this is gonna go but I'd really appreciate you telling me where you want it to go! Please comment and let me know what you want, or if I'm not writing it good enough or whatever :) hope you're enjoying it! I do not own any of ATL band/crew