Status: New story. Should be out soon. :)

Sugar Rush

12

Walking along the slightly populated street Allison hugged her lite shall closer to her chest as Sidney talked, hands waving, a giant grin upon his face as he lead them through the small throngs of people to where ever it was they were going.

She liked the way he talked about his sport, his family, his home town, and his friends. The excitement and joy that lit up in his eyes and the amount of pride, loyalty, and love he held for them leaked off in his every movement, word, and even twitch of his smile.

“What?” Sidney laughed as he noticed her simple stare. She shrugged and shook her head at him. “Seriously, what?” He laughed again nervously.

“Nothing.” She stated simply. “Just listening to you.” She added honestly.

“Okay?” Sidney chuckled nervously.

“I like listening to you talk about things your passionate about.” She added. Sidney flushed and rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed. “You put so much detail and even heart into just your stories about things, I can only imagine how you really feel out on the ice, or home with your family and friends.” His flushed deepened slightly.

“I kind ramble when I get on those subject.” He admitted truthfully. She shrugged.

“Then ramble away my Captain.” She smiled. He laughed gently.

“I won’t stop.” He admitted.

“Then I won’t stop listening.” She stuck her tongue out at him. Sidney narrowed his eyes at her as if he was debating taking on a challenge.

“You know what? No. You’re turn to talk. I’ve done most the rambling now it’s your turn.” He decided. “Let’s go lady.” He lightly waved a hand in front of them as if her words and stories needed to take off running ahead of them.

“I don’t…I don’t just talk like that.” Allison admitted. She hugged her shall closer to her nervously. “I don’t feel the same passion about my family, or situations. When I ramble I ramble in a nervous frenzy and I’m usually baking and it’s nervous ramblings about what I need to cook or bake with and I’m doing both to avoid my problems.” She stated. Sidney frowned at her. “I didn’t have the same type of childhood or upbringing you did. The only thing positive about my childhood was my grandmother.”

“What about your grandmother?” Sidney asked. He slid hands into his jean pockets and watched her.

“She taught me to bake. She taught me to cook and she’s the only one that ever cared and will ever care.” She stated. Sidney nodded.

“Your parents didn’t care about you?” He asked confused. Allison shrugged.

“No. Not really. I was an accident.” She stopped. “An unplanned, unwanted accident. My parents already had two perfect kids, then I was born and after I was about six they really couldn’t have cared less. I didn’t fit into their perfect ideal family like my sister and my brother did.” Sidney frowned. “They were never bad to me. I got what I wanted when I wanted it and they took care of me, but never to the same extent they did with my siblings.”

“Why? That doesn’t…I can’t…I can’t even fathom that.” Sidney scoffed. “You are one of the nicest, most beautiful, amazing…ow.” He groaned holding his side where she’d punched him relatively hard. “What was that for?” he chuckled. “And good punch.” He added rubbing the stop.

Allison’s face burned scarlet at his comments as she put her head down, hand over her face to hide it. She couldn’t believe his comments. He always had to say things like that, and as much as she liked it she didn’t know how to handle it.

“Shut up.” She grumbled embarrassed. Sidney could hear the embarrassment in her voice.

“Aw are you blushing?” Sidney teased. Pulling at her hands they came to a stop as he tried to see. “You are!” She gave a girlish giggle. “You’re cute when you…” He groaned holding his side. “Ow.” He pouted.

“Stop being…” She floundered for the right words. Sidney raised both eyebrows at her waiting for her to finish. “I don’t know.” She admitted in defeat. He only smiled at her. “Just…stop with the complements.” She muttered weakly. She missed Sidney’s frown.

“No.” He stated flatly. “I’m going to call you beautiful, kind, sweet, nice, and whatever other ones I can come up with cause that’s how I feel and I think you should know it.” Allison turned to him with a small pout. “And.” He leaned towards her. “I don’t care if it makes you blush.” He whispered. Her eyes went wide as he leaned in closer. “I like to make you blush.” His hot words ghosted over her face before he pulled back with a smile. “Shall we?” he asked nodding his head to the shop front they’d stopped before.

“Umm…” Were the only words her mind could process.

Sidney took her hand gently and led her into the restaurant and then to the booth.

“You okay?” Sidney asked concerned.

Allison looked up surprised he’d spoken. She’d been in her own little word processing over his words as if there was something else in them. Sidney watched her carefully.

“I…” She paused. “I don’t know.” She admitted. “I just don’t understand you I guess.” He frowned. They’d been getting along splendidly. “You’re so different from everyone else I’ve ever known.”

“And that’s a bad thing?” He asked.

“No!” She gasped surprised. “No, not at all. I just…” She waved a hand floundering again. “I just don’t know what to do.”

“What do you mean?” He leaned on the table towards her concerned.

“I mean you’re the only person, besides a ninety year old, who’s ever complemented me. You’re the only guy that has and you’re the only one that see’s past this.” She waved her hands at herself.

“The beauty?” He asked confused. He really did think she was the most beautiful woman he’d ever meet before. He couldn’t begin to understand how others didn’t see it.

“No,” she groaned. “The fat.” His jaw tightened and his gaze hardened. “And you get mad when I say things like that.” She added at his irritated look. “I know I’m not the thinnest but I’ve always thought I wasn’t fat over recent years that’s all I’ve been told from people, especially guys. Expect you.” His angry gaze softened as she shrugged.

“Well then there blind idiots that need glasses.” He shot hotly. “You’re none of those things.”

“And I don’t know how to handle comments like that.” She groaned hands over her face. Sidney only chuckled.

Leaning over the table he gave a smirk in her direction.

“Better get used to it then…” He paused and she could feel herself almost stop breathing. “beautiful.” Leaning back quickly incase she’d swing he gave a large grin at her glare.

“You’re an ass.” She pouted. He shrugged.

“I just tell the truth.” He sang at her glare.

“Don’t make me hurt you.” She breathed. Sidney’s gaze darkened to a look she’d grown to know all too well.

“Don’t tempt me with a good time.” He stated seriously. It almost sounded like his captain voice, if it hadn’t been overpowered with lust she would’ve thought it was. “Hello.” Sidney snapped out of it as their waiter arrived.

Holding in her groan Allison picked up her menu as his dark gaze fell on her again.

“You’re going to be the death of me.” She mumbled to herself.

“What?” Sidney asked confused. She only smiled at him from over her menu which got a suspicious glare in her direction. “I don’t like the way you just smiled at me…” he observed. Her mouth dropped open offended. “What are you hiding?” He laughed.

“Nothing.” She then turned to the waiter and ordered. Sidney followed suit but kept his suspicious gaze on her. “Stop it.” She pointed. Sidney leaned on the table towards her.

“Make me.” He challenged.