Status: New story. Should be out soon. :)

Sugar Rush

17

The house was beautiful as they walked up to it. She couldn’t believe she’d agreed to come to Canada. After shuffling things around, saying goodbye to Lorain and Jordan, and telling Darian and Jen they had duel partnership in running the bakery for the next month and not to burn that place down she was on a plane – first class – next to Sidney. Which had been awkward.

Sidney tugged her hand as she looked around the terminal. It wasn’t her first time flying by any means, but it was the first time she had to fly somewhere to meet her boyfriend’s parents, and the first time she was flying out of country.

He tugged her hand again, this time getting her to stumble into him. His girlish laugh rang out as he pushed a door open and let her go in ahead of him. Confused she looked around at the couches, the televisions, the small tables, and a small bar with a bartender cleaning a glass in the room.

Turning to face him she watched as he simply led her to a couch and dropped his carry-on bag in front of it before himself flopped down on it.

“You gonna sit down?” He chuckled.

“I don’t even know where we are.” She hissed as she sank down onto the couch next to him. His large arm wrapped around her rounded shoulders as she found a business man in a nice suit watching them from over his paper.

“It a VIP lounge near our terminal.” He informed her easily. Then he had his PSP out in one hand and a game going. She watched it for a few seconds as the words rolled around in her brain trying to find the right places to click into.

“V…what?” She gasped spinning to him. His golden hazel eyes lifted to her surprised as a small hum left his thick lips. “VIP?” She hissed lowly at him. “Why?” She demanded. He grinned at her.

“Because other people don’t see me like you do.” He whispered back. Kissing her cheek he lowered his gaze back to his game. “Ah damn it.” He clicked his tongue as he died, ignoring her confused stare.

Once again the words had to tumble to find the right places. This time when they did she felt idiotic. Of course he hid in a VIP lounge when he flew anywhere outside the private team jet. He was Sidney Fucking-Crosby, Captain of the Pittsburg Penguins – the pride and joy of the city – and face of the NHL. To them he was famous and someone to mug, bombard with questions and favors, or try to slither into bed with. He wasn’t just Sidney, the weird guy who could only cook pasta and chicken one or two ways and could easily survive off Reese’s bites if it was healthy – or if he was simply left to his own devices for too long.

Sitting silently next to him was how their time in the airport went and their time on the plane. Sidney occupied himself with his PSP game, which she assumed was a normal habit, while she tried to focus on a book she bought at one of the little shops. It was harder to focus on reading when the flight attendants where constantly checking on him and giving her glares as they left. She figured she wouldn’t have gotten the glares if they didn’t board the plane hand-in-hand or the fact that he hand one large hand on her thigh.

“Damn it Duper!” He hissed. Removing his hand from her thigh she clicked away quickly on the device before putting back on her thigh and going back to the simple game. She had no idea what the brightly colored game was but he had it down with one only hand; which was impressive.

“You’re playing Duper?” She asked confused. He nodded with a hum. “Why does he have so much free time?” Sidney shrugged.

“Take that!” He grinned. Bringing his gaze to her he shrugged. “Dunno. I just asked him why he’s not terrorizing his kids.” He informed her as the little game screen flashed. He even looked confused at the flash as he turned to it. “Ooooh.” He sang lowly. “He’s kids are at summer camp and the wife’s off with her family.” He hummed, thumbs flying across the screen quickly to more than likely teased the older gentlemen. The snicker as his thumbs stopped told her she was right.

“Don’t be mean to Duper.” She pushed him gently, amused that even on a plane where the flight attendants were constantly bugging him and people were staring he was as carefree as he was.

“Who’s side are you on lady?” He laughed as the screen lit up. He didn’t even bother to look at her.

“Is she bothering you Sir?” A flight attendant was there in a heartbeat making Allison roll her eyes. Sidney’s confused hum was adorable. The only down side was she knew he’d lifted his line of sight right to her exposed cleavage as she intended it.

“No. I quite like her thank you.” Sidney stated, a smile in his voice.

Allison turned to the little window she had, biting her bottom lip not to smile at his choice of words to the question. Every fiber in her being locked up as his arm snaked around her shoulders. Looking at him she smiled as he grinned at her before the flight attendant watching them.

“Thank you though.”

That was as good as it got. After that someone was checking on him every five minutes and giving her dirty looks. It wasn’t the worst situation she’d been put through with him but it wasn’t the best way to spend a long flight to another country.


She thought her heart had been beating wildly then now, walking up to his parent’s house that was nothing compared to that, now it wanted to come out her mouth. Sidney gave her hand a squeeze as the front door flew open and his mother – she’d done her research so she could tell her family members apart – came bolting out the door.

Allison froze at the arms around her, she’d been expecting Trina, Sid’s mom, to hug her son first not her. Sidney snorted out a laugh as he let her hand go so she could hug his mother back. Hugging her nervously Allison watched Sid unsure what to do or say. His confused shrug and hum didn’t help at all.

“You’re so beautiful.” Trina gasped as she suddenly held Allison at arm’s length. The Crosby family must be experts in physical and emotion whiplash like Sidney. “I’m so happy he found you.” She added. “I thought he was going to end up with that irritating woman he dated before you…that vile bitch.” She whispered making Allison blink startled. Those were not the words she’d expected Trina Crosby to utter at her.

“I’m right here.” Sidney huffed offended. Trina hummed, in that motherly disapproving way while staring him down in the same fashion. He rolled his eyes and Allison wondered if this was how it’d been when he was a teenager. Sidney suddenly seemed sixteen to her.

“Give it up bro, Mom’s been ecstatic since you called and said you were bringing miss girlfriend with you.” All eyes went to his little sister standing in the doorway. “Ee-stat-ic.” She enunciated earning another groan from Sidney.

“What are you sixteen?” Allison giggled at him. His dark glared shifted to her irritated as his mother laughed a similar laugh to his. It brought a smile to her face as he pointed at them.

“You settle down.” He laughed at his mother.

Trina hooked her arm with Allison and scoffed at him.

“He really is sixteen all over again.” Trina grunted to herself. “Come on dear, I made some tea. Do you like tea?” She asked leading Allison into the house and leaving her son on the front walkway as if he didn’t exists. “Sidney doesn’t really like tea.” She added.

“I’m right here!” Sidney hollered.

“Ignore him.” His mother sighed. “I usually do.” She beamed happily. Allison blinked as she tried not to laugh while listening to Sidney mock them as he followed them through the house to the kitchen. Taylor only smiled at her and mouthed ‘welcome to the family’.

She wasn’t sure how she felt about the silent comment. She was barely in the front door.