Status: I'm working on it

Somewhere in This Lonestar State

Chapter 19

Briana's POV:

Saturday came and the girls were ready. Cameron wanted to take the kids to florida I said it was fine. They had everything ready and When I went into the studio on Friday Cameron said that he couldn't take them after all. I was furious with him. John was watching them and I knew He was going to have trouble. The girls performed amazing we made it to nationals in New York. I was excited to go so we could see Joaquin. The girls knew he left for college but only his sister knew it was in New York. I was going to plan a get together for us. We got to New York and the girls were excited. I there were other guards staying in the hotel. I was walking around and saw my old instructor. I freaked out He was staring me down. I walked up to him.

"Hi." I said.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm working with a guard."

"Oh that's good. What guard?"

"Lee. I'm the head Director there." I said.

"Briana They have the rooms." Jax said.

"Jax this is Rick my old instructor. Rick this is a new band director." I said. They shook hands. "Well I'll see you tomorrow at the competition."

"He's the one that taught you so well."

"Yeah." Jax and I shared a room they had two beds so. I went to bed and Jake was already asleep. I laid down and heard the door creak open. I looked and it was Mary one of the only seniors.

"What are you doing in my room?" Jax asked.

"You're my brothers best friend. I got scared!" She said. "I only feel conferrable with you."

"If Briana see us you're dead! Only because I've known you my whole life." My phone went off . I looked and John was calling me.

"Hello?" I said pretending to be groggy.

"Hey How is New York?"

"It's late I'm going to bed!" I said.

"How does the place look do you like it?"

"JOHN! I've lived here before! I know how it looks I like it here. I've told you this!" I said.

"Well you didn't call."

"I can't I'm busy you go with devin because thats who you like to spend your spare time with!"

"BRI-" He said as I hung up.

--------------------

The Next morning Mary was gone and back in her room. I got ready and Jax started getting ready. I didn't speak to him. I went to wake up the girls and left him. I walked into the room Mary was in and she was talking about where she was the night before. She heard me walk in and stopped talking.

"Get ready we're leaving for the school soon. Your hair should have been done already." I said.

"Okay. Yeah I just woke up I'm going to start right now." Mary said. I walked out and Giovanni was in her room with sofia and a few other girls.

"Yeah I saw Mary-" Giovanni stopped when I walked in.

"I know!" I said. "I'm sharing a room with him."

"Why did he say yes?"

"She told him. I'm your best friend's sister I'm scared!"

" He told her not to let me know."

"Mary's a whore. He's the best teacher at the school and he's going to get fired because of her."

"I know. I'll be back." I went to check on the rest of the girls. I went to the hotel room and Jake was on the phone.

"Yeah so you're going to fly in?" He asked. "Okay Alright love you bye."

I grabbed my bag and heard a knock on the door. Mary walked in and Jax was just telling the person on the phone he loved them.

"Who was that?" Mary asked.

"My girlfriend." He said. I knew Mary was pissed.

"Is my hair okay?"

"Yeah. Hurry up we have to go." I said. She walked out and slammed the door. "your mom?"

"Yeah. I know what I did last night was wrong but if i didn't tell her yes she'd wine and I wanted to sleep I slept on the couch after she fell asleep I woke up and went to the restroom when she woke up to technically I didn't sleep with her." I laughed.

"Well good now she won't come in here tonight."

------------------------------

Later the girls performed and were amazing. Jax and I watched other guards perform and I met his mom. she was so sweet. She saw Mary and waved to her. We waited for the results and john texted me asking how it was going and that he was sorry.

"I'm sorry. I forgot it's later over there and you had work today. How is it?" He texted

"Fine we're waiting for the results. Where are the kids?"

"They are with Cameron." I stopped texting him and heard the results the girls got 3rd place. I texted John and told him that I wanted us to go out when I got back he said he had work and We couldn't. I got pissed and stopped texting him. We got back to the hotel and I threw my phone on one of the beds.

"I'm going to see if they are heading to bed." Jax said. He walked out and John called me.

"I'm sorry but I want the job for head studio Manager." He said.

"I get that but You don't even need to work for it. Cameron doesn't want that job! If he did he'd be where you are and the kids at home by themselves!"

"Well I got a new project!"

"Turn it down. Chris was just talking about how he's basically doing nothing in California. you should have just told my dad. Briana wants me to spend more time with her. He would have understood."

"John Where are the cups I can't find them." I heard a girl say.

"I have to go check on the girls. Bye." I hung up and opened my laptop. I had a security system put in with camera's at every inch of the house. I opened it and there was a girl in my house I that I didn't know in one of john's t-shirts and laying in my bed. Jax walked back into the room and I was in tears.

"The girls are all going to bed." He said.

"Oh okay. um I'm going to change then go to bed." I said whipeing away my tears. I grabbed my phone and called Troy. "Hey where are you?"

"I'm at Cameron's Dad was staying in the studio late. I asked if I could come over."

"oh okay. Um I'll talk to you in the morning I just wanted to see how you are doing."

"Are you okay you sound like you were crying."

"Yeah I'm fine. I just hit my toe before I called you so I was crying but I'm fine." I hung up and went back to bed. Jax was still up waiting for me to walk back.

"You're not fine. What's going on?" He asked.

"John is cheating on me." I said.

"You don't know that."

"I have camera's in my house. he is and she's sleeping in my bed!" I said sitting on the bed next to Jax.

"He's not worthy of you." He said.

"If he was having doubts or was cheating why hasn't he called off the wedding or something."

"If I were him I wouldn't want to lose you. I would do everything to keep you." Jax said. I looked up at him and just stared at him. We both started leaning and we kissed. I knew his full lips would taste good but not that good. I didn't want to pull away. I felt his hand raise from my hips up to my chest. I felt his tone body and couldn't help myself. I felt his lips leave my mouth go up to my ear and go back down to my chest. Before I knew it we were both unclothed and in between the sheets with jax on top of me. I heard footsteps and a person crying. My phone went off I looked and Mary texted me.

"What does she look like?" She texted me. I showed it to him he got down and laid next to me. I put clothes on and walked out.

"Mary what are you doing out here?" I asked her.

"I know you're going to get mad but I slept in there last night. I like jax and I thought he liked me back. I came back to night and I hear what's going on in there. Is his girlfriend pretty?"

"No not really. I think he was just desperate for a girlfriend." I said. She laughed. "yeah she's leaving in early in the morning, so you won't have to face her tomorrow while we see the city."

"good because I'd probably be a bitch to her." She said opening the door to her room. I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nationals