Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Here's to Never Growing Up

(Aimee's POV)

Apple had given up all thought of running her own episode by the time we had reached the Note. Planning ahead, I knew there was a special artist performing and once Abbey saw an Avril Lavigne poster in the window, she surrendered.

"Guys, I'm a little bored and my set doesn't start for another hour. What hell can we raise?" Sipping from her jack and coke, Avril had instantly joined our little group.

Seeing Abbey pout at the end of the bar I smiled. "Oh Apple, don't look so down. It's girl's night!"

"Oh my God! I haven't had a girl's night in like forever!" Hope floated onto Abbeys face as Avril slammed her glass down "There's a skate shop in town right?!"

We had spent hours roaming around town before finally reaching Fairman’s. Of course, people reacted differently towards us. Skaters tried showing off their skills in hopes of impressing Avril, or so I would send them Bam’s way. College kids tried snagging autographs from the group and yelled out all our names. For Kay’s friend, it was a particularly weird experience. We had to live though it every time we went out ever since the show had started airing. Poor Jenna looked like she wanted to bolt from our group and escape. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she never hung out with us again after all that was happening around her.

Exiting Fairman’s with a couple decks and two boards completely set up and ready to go, I dropped my board to the ground and looked to my newly claimed blond haired twin. Avril had already done the same and was waiting for me before we raced towards Main Street.

“AMES! COPS!” A young kid’s voice yelled as Officer Paul Keller pulled up and raised his brow at me.

“Come on- in the car ladies.” He unlocked the doors so we could get in. “Did you know that you ladies caused two accidents?”

Like it was something new? Shrugging, I opened the back door and allowed Abbey, Kay, and Avril to slide in. Jenna just looked at us and was obviously taken aback by what was going on. Possibly more taken aback solely because none of us questioned anything that was going on around us. Were our lives really that odd? At that moment, I sat next to Avril as Jenna took the front seat. Maybe this really shouldn’t have been as common of an event as it was. Were we even ordinary people anymore?

Avril had started the set and Security was yet again trying to keep us upstairs the best they could. Kay had been misusing that fact by constantly requesting orders of fries to be delivered up personally by the newest guard. He was on his fourth trip down to McDonald’s when the senior guys figured out what was going on and told him to simply request fries from the kitchen.

“Hey girls.” Carl had reached the balcony and rounded us up. “Avril wants you guys on stage to do ‘Rock ‘n Roll’ in a few minutes.” The four of us, Jenna actually included, jump at the chance to escape the balcony. When you are the only ones up there, it ends up getting a little boring. Plus all the good bartenders were downstairs and we had to serve ourselves.

Going down the steps with security all around us, there was a mixed reaction from the crowd. Some cheered just because it was us, while others called us out for hiding behind guards. If they only knew how much we had fought against the guards following us around...

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small fight break out among the fans and a girl who looked familiar. But then again, lately everyone with black hair and a shitload of tattoos had started to cause that feeling. Half of Bam’s female fans looked that way. The one next to her was clearly someone I knew.

Jaimie.

She rushed towards Kay once the security around us moved to break up the fight. The one guy left with our group ushered the closest person to him towards the back entrance and moved to grab the rest of us. Unfortunately he would be too late.

Jaime still charged towards Kay, even though she had been the first one through the back entrance. That’s when I moved to cut her off and tackled her into the cold cement flooring. While she was stunned, I jumped on her and started a line of punches.

(Avril’s POV)

The girls were being escorted down to join me when yelling started. From the stage, I couldn’t really figure out what was going on until I saw Ames jump a random girl and start alternating her punches.

“Oh darn- Ames is beating up Jaimie.” Kay’s voice spoke from behind me as she grabbed a mic and moved towards the edge of the stage to see better.

“Obviously that girl hasn’t seen the fight clips on MTV.” I mentioned as I joined Kay to see who was winning. “You said her name is Jaimie?”

“I think was is the proper term Av. As you can see by Ames’ experience and Irish advantage- this is not going to be pretty.”

Another woman from the crowd started moving towards the fight only to have Abbey confront her and start screaming. I did notice that the Jenna girl was completely missing though. “Looks like it’s turned into a tag team match... and I assume you know her name as well.”

“That would be Tammy.” Kay introduced Abbey's victim just as the girl full of tattoos and black hair made her way towards Ames’ abandoned prey. “She is Bam’s ex who doesn’t quite understand what being an ex means.”

Watching the action, I looked up towards the balcony and spotted two guys scanning the crowd below them and shake their heads. As they descended down the stairs at a fast pace, I looked back towards the fight. “Well, obviously Ames is about to teach her what it means.”

“Yeah, but I think Chad and Jess are going to ruin the mid-show entertainment.” Just as Kay said that, the two guys pointed Abbey up towards the stage and ripped Ames off of the Tammy bitch.