Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Bar Issues

(Aimee's POV)

The band got to work setting up causing everyone up in the balcony to do the only sensible thing, drink and socialize. A month prior we had been told the balcony was going to be off limits to anyone not in out party, which was true. The only difference was that our party had grown three or four times.

Some faces I knew, the rest Bam made a point to introduce me too. One of the first ones needed no introduction. “Hey, who's the hot chick?” Jimmy Pop literally popped out of nowhere. “Bam, you have been holding out on me!” Slapping Bam across the face, he focused on me. “So what's your name sweetness? Wait let me guess.” He put a finger on his chin and seemed to be in deep thought. Stroking his face where the slap had landed, Bam raised a brow at his friend. “You strike me as … Bam help me out!”

“Ames.” Stating my own name, I took a sip from my glass before placing it back on the bar. A smile filled my face as Jimmy seemed thrown off. “Guessing you must be Jimmy of the Pops.”

“She knows my name.” Shoving Bam's chest, I began regretting my choice of words. “See, Miss Ames … Pop, you need to loose the millionaire and get with a dollaraire.” Laughing, I felt cramps in my gut and the need for air as Jimmy Pop took a dollar out of his pocket and tucked it into Bam's hand. Winking at me, he walked away.

Still unable to breathe, I crashed into Bam's chest. “I can't believe he just gave you a dollar for no reason!”Laughing now too, he held me up. “Thanks for saving me before.”

“Why didn't you say today was your birthday?” Letting go, I stood up on my own. “If I had of known I would have-”

“Have what?” Looking for an answer, I got distracted by seeing Eva standing by herself. “I'll be back for an answer in a few.”

Twirling the ice in her glass, Eva looked behind me, then winked. “He watched you the whole way over. Congrats on making it here before us though, love.”

“You are not helping.” Giggling, I brushed my hair away dramatically.

The grin on her face caused me to look where she was looking. Kay and Chad had been talking across the room. Couldn't tell what they were talking about, but Amid was a couple feet away grinning worse than Eva. “So love, where is the pirate?”

“Helping the band. Doubt she is actually helping them though.” Laughing a little, Heather proclaiming herself a member of Turbonegro since she had the makeup for it, played in my head. “Where are the duel?”

Shrugging Eva smiled brightly. “Meaning Megan and X-Tina, ignorance is bliss when it comes to those two, isn't it?”

“You can say that again, Poppet.” A glance back to where Bam was just moments before, I actually spotted Kelly and Jaimie talking to a few random girls that I knew where dating some of Bam friends. It seemed like a nice laid back conversation they were all having.

Out of nowhere music started playing. “Come watch with me.” A voice yelled into my ear. Grabbing my waist, Bam motioned towards the balcony. It wasn't until I looked behind me that I realized that it was because Jimmy Pop was about to come over, obviously with more pick up lines.

Turbonegro got a couple songs in before I found Heather walking onto the stage. “What is she doing?” My fingers held up my head as if I were watching a train wreck in action.

With her Turbo-make-up and pirate outfit, she actually fit in with the band. Would have been proud she found some equally weird people if I didn't know she was up to something. “Hi West Chester!!” Waving like a child to the crowd below, a smile lit up her face. “My name is Captain Clubby Sparrow-from-Hell, and I have a confession.” It took a couple deep breaths for her to continue. “I don't deserve to be up here! My birthday was a couple weeks ago!” No she wasn't! “Today is my lifepartner's birthday! Her name is Ames and she is...” Scanning the balcony looking for me, Heather squinted her eyes.

“I'm going to kill her yet today!” Moving quickly, I slid behind Bam to avoid detection.

Thinking enough time passed, I stepped away a little only to be pulled backwards. “FOUND HER!” Whiskey, leather and cigarettes. Wondered if CKY knew they were going to need a new guitarist yet...

With Turbonegro Staff shirts, Meg and X-tina appeared out of nowhere causing me to believe this was a set-up. “Ames don't fight us, the band just wants to sing you happy birthday. Then you will be back to drinking your liver into non-existence.” Both girls took cautious steps towards me since both had been saved by my bar brawl techniques before. “There is no need to-”

“Just move!” Chad flipped them off before lifting me up off the ground. He was rather lucky it took all my concentration to keep my backless shirt from twisting and becoming a front-less one. Right then and there I made myself a promise to get even. “Bam get out of the way, she's kicking me!” Winning the battle, I felt my heels were back onto the floor.

Just behind him, Kay was laughing way too hard for me not to call her out. “Kay's birthday is in a few days!” Least I wasn't dealing with Turbonegro alone!
♠ ♠ ♠
JIMMY!!! Hopefully the guys get freed soon, guessing Russia didn't approve of them shoving a Russian flag up Evil Jared's ass. (Or at least they tried too ...)