Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Hope

(Aimee's POV)

It was weird visiting every bar around me, without getting a single drink. It was a first in my life. Leaving Kildaires, I walked down towards the apartment, not feeling confident about my applications. Most of them had seen me either with Heather the insane one or Bam and crew. My frustration level was increasing as I marched down Pine St. “Ames!” I was almost out of money and the shop wasn't opening anytime soon. “AMES WAIT!”

The blonde who had been with Novak the other night ran down the street. “You're Novak's girl right?”

Nodding, you could tell just how sweet this girl really was. “Yup! My name is Abbey, they call me Apple though.” Skipping the whole shaking a hand thing, she went straight for a hug. “So where are you headed?”

“Back to my apartment to make some lunch, wanna join?” receiving a nod, we hurried along only to stop for lattes at her request. It instantly felt as though we had been friends since high school or something.

Getting some chicken ceaser salads together quickly, It was no time before we were sitting at the small table and chatting about upcoming events. “I can't believe Hellview is coming up! It's at the note again this year too!” Abbey smiled and twirled her fork. “Do you know what you are dressing up as?”

“Not a single idea.” taking a bit from a crouton, I attempted to think of a costume but failed. “How about you?”

“Well, Brandon was suppose to help be coordinate a couple's costume, but instead he's dressing up with Bam.” A little upset, she managed to change her expression quickly. “I think we should dress up together instead! Show the boys how it's done.” Receiving a wink, I was totally into the idea. It was nice to have a friend down in West Chester finally. It was a title I already considering Abbey having.

After cleaning up, we climbed into my car and started the drive to the mall to search for the perfect costume. Least I would be able to window shop until I managed to get money together. Getting a parking spot was easy as could be since it was a Monday afternoon. Right before reaching the doors, my cell phone chirped. Apparently I had a new e-mail.

Dear Aimee McCluskley,
I'm writing this email to inform you that we will be pushing the opening of the first store back to Early December. Because you had relocated with the belief that the store would be already open, we are sending you a check to help in your situation. It will cover what you would have made if the store was to be operating at this time til the month of December. Sorry for the delay and hopefully this will all be behind us soon.

Todd Fredricks
District Manager
Guitar Central


I had to read it a couple times before it all really sunk in. By then another alert had appeared on my cell from the bank's app. Close to four grand had been placed in it in the form of a direct deposit. Felt as though I was going to have a heart attack.

“You ok, Ames?” Abbey stared at me. “Something bad?”

“I MIGHT CRY! I HAVE MONEY AGAIN!” I managed to scare the lady coming out of the store but like I cared. I was going to be able to pay my rent and treat myself to an amazing Halloween costume. “So where is the Halloween store in this huge place anyways?”

Giggling she pointed inside “Right this way.”

The store was huge and had at least four to six different forms of the same costume, and it held every costume you could think of. Searching though the more sexy section, we ended up laughing at each possible idea. “They are going as priest right?” confirming it, Abbey nodded while picking up a costume. “I think that's a perfect idea!” taking the same costume, we searched for fitting rooms.

“I'm so ecstatic that you are nicer than Tammy!” Abbey spoke with a sigh telling me there was something behind it. “She was so dirty and rude. Plus her voice.” Seeing her cringe I shook my head. Must have been Bam's ex-girlfriend. The one Jess made a point to warn me about. “Thought she had to take me under her wing so I would know how to have good sex.”

I stopped walking and attempted to figure out how Abbey didn't beat the shit out of this Tammy bitch for such a comment. Then I remembered she wasn't an Irish brawler like Kay and myself. Soon I found myself cringing as Abbey continued with more disturbing details. “I hope I never have to meet her.”

Feeling a tapping on my shoulder I froze as my blood started boiling. “What are you two girls doing here?” not recognizing the voice, I allowed the Irish in me to win almost instantly.

Just as instantly the guy was on the ground covering his right eye and moaning in pain. Hearing a chuckle I did know, I looked a couple rows away to see Jess and Deron Miller standing there. Jess, the chuckling moron, walked closer and looked at the man “And you thought the only one to worry about attacking you would be Chad. Poor poor Dice.”

The nickname seemed to pop in my head from hearing Chad complain about the guy to Bam over the phone one day. Retarded names just happen to stick in my brain. Especially when I learned it was CKY's bass player. “Hi Jesse.” I spoke all cheerful causing the guy on the floor to stare at me in complete disbelief. “Doing Hellview shopping too?”

“Yeah, Deron just got in town and forgot to pack anything.” the lead singer behind him finally unfroze at the mention of his name. “Sinner Cheerleaders, huh?” Taking my costume, Jess looked it over like a judgmental older brother. “Since it's Hellview you should be CKY cheerleaders.” Glancing at his long time friend and bandmate, Jess showed Deron the costume. “Look we got cheerleaders for next week!” If it was anyone else but Jess stuck on the idea I would have changed costumes.