Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Being Played

(Jaimie's POV)

The curling iron rolled the last strand of my hair up as I prepared to hold it there for a moment or two. Checking the outfit of the day in the bathroom mirror one more time, I made sure it was killer as always. A pair of shiny black leggings fit snugly inside my knee-high boots, and a revealing shirt showed off my favorite assets. Tonight I was to hang out with Chloe from work for some much needed girls time. It had been awhile since I had hung out with the girls and from what I heard Kay had even moved down. “MOM! I need to go potty!” the six year old outside the room yelled for the fourth time at the top of her lungs. “HURRY!”

“MEL! ARE YOU SERIOUS!” Yelling back, I left the bathroom just in time to have the door nearly hit me in the back as my daughter slammed it. This was going to be an amazing weekend once I dropped her off.

Tugging Mel behind me as we made our way to the train station, I adjusted the backpack I carried. Of course it was because she felt it was to heavy. “Come on Mel, your father is waiting for you and has been for the last hour!” With Penn Station in sight, I released a sigh or relief. He was waiting outside so I didn't even have to go in!

“Papa!” Mel yelled tugging free of my hand to greet my ex. “I missed you!” Giving Saul our daughter's bag, I gave Mel some kisses before watching them enter the station together. I knew within an hour I was going to be missing her.

The bar was rather slow for a Friday night by the time I reached it. But then again it was only about 6 at night and the real fun was to begin later. “Jaimie!” a short blond girl waved to me as she made her way over. I had tried talking Chloe into adding some funky highlights to her hair, but she instead kept it all one color. “It's like I saw you just this morning at work!”

“I know right!” embracing her in a hug I couldn't help but feel a little hurt since the friends I had moved down with never really greeted me in such a way. “I'm still having a rough day I guess.”

Sitting next to each other at the bar, we waited to the hot looking bartender to make his way over. “Still stuck on your no good friends?” Chloe had a way of getting straight to the point. “You need better friends! I invited a couple of the girls to meet us here in a little bit.”

“You are the best Chloe.” Excitement filled me out of no where. “Mean I can't believe you would do such a nice thing for me!”

Her hand floated as if to say it were nothing. “I just thought it would be a great idea to get all my girls together in one place.” Placing orders with the man straight out of a chip-n-dale show, I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. “Totally can't believe you found out the one moved down through Facebook. And by someone else at that!”

Shrugging, because mostly I got a good view of the bartender's ass, I looked back towards Chloe slowly “Doesn't even matter anymore.”

After about a half hour, a few more girls joined us and we officially took over the bar. “This place is amazing.” One of Chloe's slightly older friends commented while brushing her ebony hair over her shoulder. “Raven Tavern right?”

“I think that's the name.” I giggled after realizing I forgot the name of the place I was in. “All these bars feel the same after a while.”

Nodding her head, she took the stool next to mine and sat down. “So I heard what happened with your friends. So sad when people move to that hell hole of a town.”

“Ever since they started hanging out with that millionaire, they don't have time for anyone else.”

A smile appeared on her face, but I had no time to really check to see if the lighting was messing with me. The bartender had returned with my new drink and any chance to stare at his chest and daydream needed to be taken. “That makes it even worse. What are they like?”

“They use to be amazing friends. Aimee, the one who moved to West Chester first, was the one who suggested I should move down. Kay, the one who just moved also was always the best person to just vent to.” Remembering my friends in anymore detail would have ruined my night. “Ames was going to move to Philly with me but decided to move into an apartment down the street from the guy's bar. All because the place had a nice stained glass front door.”

Shaking her head, the girl placed her hand on my shoulder as a sign of support. “Well you have us now.” A laugh escaped her mouth “Oh, I'm Tammy by the way. I think we are going to be great friends!”
♠ ♠ ♠
And now the REAL drama starts!!