‹ Prequel: Winter Kiss
Status: Active

Bad Romance

I've Got Wild Knees, For You

John’s POV

I somehow had ended up at a coffee shop near the hospital, I really didn’t want to speak to anyone and I definitely wanted to be left on my own for a while. What was I going to tell mother? Maybe I shouldn’t say anything, I mean it is Will’s decision and she doesn’t even know if she’s keeping it yet.

I really don’t hope it’s that blokes though, that will be so awkward and so horrible for her. I mean, if anything I hope it’s Gus’s. I’m not his best mate at the moment, and I’m so pissed at him that I could kill him. But at the end of the day I would prefer it to be his child and not that scumbags.

“Excuse me, is this seat taken?” A small brown haired woman asked, her pale hand lightly touching the back of the wooden chair as her green nails shone brightly in the light. A small smile was plastered on her face, blue eyes shining out of nowhere and her cheeks were rosy on her pale face.

I’ll be honest, she brought me out of my troubled thoughts for quite some time. Thank god this woman has come along to save me from my dilemma. I shook my head and waved my hand in front of the chair to signal she could sit down.

“No, no it’s fine” My voice came out a bit shaky, but yours would be if you saw this angel. The lady smiled politely, placed her bag down on the floor next to her chair and then sat down. I smiled at her, god this was awkward. I hardly knew who she was but my god, she was stunning!

“Thank you” She said, her pink smile shone, I swear it made the whole of the coffee shop glow. I don’t think I’ve ever felt like this about someone, I mean sure there was that one lass at college but this is different. I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

‘John, mate, it’s gonna be a bit creepy if your just staring at her. Come on, get a grip!”
My conscience informed me. She clearly doesn’t know who I am, which is a change for once in my life.

“Um…are you okay?” she asked. Her voice as soft as silk, god it was divine! I smiled, but it really wasn’t a smile as it came out plastered on my face as a stupid goofy grin. Damn, way to go John. What a charmer.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine thank you. Just family problems. I’m John by the way” I let my arm move across the table for her to shake, weather she would is a mystery to me. Though low and behold she giggled and grasped my hand lightly with hers, it was so soft. My heart beat quickened by the touch and I couldn’t help but blush. Me! John Taylor bloody blushing over a woman. What has happened to me!?

“I’m Nell, nice to meet you John” She blushed and stared at me for sometime, as I stared at her back. We slowly removed our hands and took a long sip of our drinks. There was silence for a while, apart from the sounds of ‘Mambo Sun’ by T.Rex playing through the coffee house.

“So where are you from Mr. Taylor?” Nell asked, she was a lovely and bubbly person. I smiled and looked down at my cup of coffee. Am I really this shy?

“I’m from London, what about you?” I asked gazing deeply into her pastel blue eyes. She blushed, causing her cheeks to go a brighter pink. God it was lovely.

“Well, I’m from around here! Pretty far from your home aren’t you?” She asked then took another sip of her coffee.

“Yeah, I’m…travelling with some mates at the moment. Though my sister has had an accident so we’re staying near the hospital for a few days I guess” I made the whole travelling thing up, well, in a way I guess you could say that we are travelling, but I really didn’t want to tell her that I was in a band. It’s a once in a lifetime that someone who is as good looking as Nell, doesn’t know your in a band, it’s different and a change. It’s nice.

Nell looked up shocked, worry in her eyes. To say that she doesn’t know who I am and talking to a complete stranger, she was lovely. Her bright red blazer slowly moving down her arms, wanting to be free. Though her small pale hands soon reached up and pushed them back to their original place.

“Oh dear, I hope she’s okay. Wish her well from a random stranger and may luck and happiness be on her side!” She giggled then smiled, covering up her face with her tiny hands. God she was cute, insanely cute.

I grinned, she was so lovely, I know what I’ve said that but she is. What other stranger would sit with a complete random man and start to have a conversation with him? Then wish luck on his sister, she really was something.

“Thank you, that’s a lovely thing to say. I will let her know” I was soon cut off by my next question when Fraser bust through the coffee house doors, nearly taking it off it’s hinges. The look on his face made my heart stop and the colour from my face drain.

“There you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you! It’s Willow, she want’s to see you. She needs you John, right now!” Fraser said as she walked over towards the table, I soon drank the rest of my drink in record time and slammed the cup on the table. I felt bad for leaving Nell but I really had to dash.

“Look Nell, it was lovely meeting you, really lovely but I have to dash” I said as quick as I could, I didn’t think but on my next move, I leaved across the table and gently hugged her. I thought she was going to pull away or shout some propounded abuse, but she giggled and hugged back as tight as she could.

“It was lovely to meet you too, Mr. John Taylor” She whispered in my ear. My heart stopped beating for a few moments, and I gripped her one last time. Before I knew it I was being dragged out the shop by Fraser, spinning round to try and get a glimpse of Nell.

Though when I did, she wasn’t there. Not a trace in sight of her, and at that moment, I really did wish I had gotten her number, or at least her last name.

The scent of her perfume and those long whispering words slowly ricocheting around my brain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go! I'm on a roll once again guys.
Once again I got a bit stuck and had a bit of a problem trying to think of what to put next, though there's a new character involved. What do you think of Nell so far? :)

Emma

Title Credits: Mambo Sun by T.Rex