‹ Prequel: Winter Kiss
Status: Active

Bad Romance

Don't Let It Go To Waste

Gustav's POV

Everyone was going to see her, John was still not back yet and I had no idea where Fraser was. I was left with Simon. We didn't talk much at first, just sat there and listened to the radio that was playing quietly throughout the bus. Simon coughed and got up, walked over to the fridge and grabbed a couple of beers then placed himself down next to me. Popping oven the cap, he passed the bottle to me.

Taking a swing in silence, I felt a little better letting the liquid flow down my throat. Calming my racing mind, I sniffled and wiped my eyes dry, there was no point getting upset about it now. She didn't want to see me, I had tried to talk to her, for all of what it was worth but she didn't believe me. And how could she? I wouldn't believe me either if I saw what she saw.

“Mate, I know you don't wanna talk but just answer me this question okay?”
Si said as he took another swing from his beer bottle, he looked and me and I nodded to say that I was listening. Simon took a deep breath and exhaled, looking up at the roof of the bus.

“Why?”

I couldn't believe he had just asked me that question, of all the things to ask. Did he not believe that I didn't cheat on her? Clearly not, I was about to go ape shit on him when he placed a had on my shoulder to warm me not to.

“Come on man, I love you like a brother. But you had the most lovely, beautiful and cute woman in the world. She's been like that since the day we met her when we were all seventeen. She's always had a soft spot for you, and quite frankly liked you since she was little. Don't look at me like that , she told me years ago mate. The thing is, I just don't get it. You need to fight for her more, you need to find Emily and make all this right” Si patted me onto the shoulder again and took another swig.

I couldn't believe he had said all of that, I could feel the tears forming in my eyes, I was such a shit. Everyone was right, I couldn't help the tears fall, they just ran down my face. Placing my hands over my face I silently cried.

“For fucks sake Gustav. Get a fucking grip! Your a man not a boy, you may have a child on the way! And all you can do is sit here and feel sorry for your-fucking-self. MAN UP!” Simon shouted into the bus, right in my face. I was taken back, I'd never seen Simon like this, usually this was Ben or John raging at me. Not Si, he and Fraser we're the quiet ones. I was in shock.

“But Si, she doesn't want me any more and I can't blame her. Emily came at me, I didn't want it and- and Will just walked in at the wrong time!” I spat back, feeling sorry for myself.

Simon placed his beer down on the table and punched me in the arm.

“The fuck was that for?” I shouted back, rubbing my arm through the thin black hoodie. Simon punched me again.

“I'm you're life! Fighting you back and knocking you down! How does it feel Gus, eh? When you're life beats you up?!” Simon slapped me hard on the face then kept punching me in my arm. With in a minute he was sat on top of me, punching my arms and chest, he grabbed my hand and made me slap myself In the face.

“HOW DOES IT FEEL HUH? I HATE MY LIFE, MY SHITTY LIFE THAT'S ATTACKING ME! WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT GUSTAV? EH? WHAT YOU GONNA DO FUCKER!” Out of nowhere I grabbed Simon round the waste and threw him off the couch and onto the floor. I punched him hard in the arm and slapped his face. Breathing heavily, Simon looked up at me shocked.

“I HATE IT! ALRIGHT? I WANT MY GIRL BACK, AND IF ITS MY CHILD, I WANT MY SON OR DAUGHTER TOO! OKAY? I WANT WILLOW TAYLOR BACK!! HAPPY?”

I shouted through the bus and stood up, I held out a hand for Simon, who accepted it gladly, patting his now red and a little swollen face. I pulled him in for a man hug and he did the same, patting each other hard on the back.

“That's what I'm talking about man, go get her. Go get them all! Stop feeling sorry for yourself Gustav Wood!” He smiled at me and patted my back. I charged out the bus, but soon came to halt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there everyone!

Long time no talk, how is everyone? Had some spare time on my hands so thought I would get a couple of chapters in while I have some time. As always your comments make me feel better about my writing and want to write more. So her we go! Also, now I have some money, my other half have persuaded me to try and get this story published, clearly I would need to change a lot of names etc but I might give it a shot, can't hurt anyone! What do you think? :D

Cheers for reading!

- Emma xx

Title: Don't Let It Go To Waste - Matt Willis