Status: Finished! Subscribe to the sequel: Everything's Nothing, Without You

Never Gonna Let You Go

Chapter Twenty-One

Jacks POV

“Who’s making all that fucking noise?” I said loudly as I woke up, but nobody answered.

I got up and noticed that there wasn’t anybody on the bus except Nicole, who was the one making all the noise.

“What are you doing?” I asked her as she started tearing up the bus looking for something.

“None of your business” she said coldly.

“Look I’m just trying to help. Come on, just tell me what your looking for and I’ll help you”

She stared at me with eyes that looked like she wanted to kill me but finally gave in and told me she lost her journal. Probably her most prized possession that she has.

“God fucking dammit. Where is it” She yelled as she kicked the couch.

“Hey, its not the couches fault” I said trying to be funny.

“Fuck off. If you want to help, fine. But don’t be a smart ass”

“Sorry” I whispered.

I was so busy helping Nicole look for her journal the past 30 minutes I almost forgot about my massive hangover and the talk I had with her last night. Shit, I was a total asshole to her and that’s probably why she’s being an even bigger bitch to me.

“Hey um I’m sorry for last night. I didn’t mean to make a scene and embarrass you for that. I was drunk and an idiot. But I still want to talk and from what I remember you said you didn’t want to talk when everybody was around and lucky us nobody is around”

She looked at me not knowing what to say, probably shocked that I even remembered last night. But I did obviously.

“Its fine. And honestly Jack, I don’t want to talk about it right now” she said still looking for her journal. Now the bus looked like someone just robbed it. Food, clothes and bedding all over the floor. Hope the guys wont get pissed.

“Please? This is most likely our only time alone. We need to talk now.” I said almost demanding.

NICOLES POV

“Please? This is most likely our only time alone. We need to talk now.” Jack said.

I wanted to talk, I did. But right now I was almost at the point of a panic attack because I couldn’t find my journal. Seriously, where the fuck did I put it. Now I was getting frustrated. I know none of the guys took it because they know how important it is to me. That one time Jack took it from me was the last time its been messed with it. I’ve had my journal since 9th grade.

I actually got my journal from Jack for my 14th birthday, which was only a week after I met him and the boys.

*Flashback*

Dulaney High School was a big High School. As much as you wanted to think you knew everybody in your grade, you didn’t. . It was Monday, October 13th of freshman year. Everyday you would notice somebody different. So today wasn’t any different for Nicole. She was an observer, a people watcher. As she was sitting at her lunch table with her friends Lisa and Cassadee she noticed a group of guys 3 tables across from here being obnoxious and throwing food at each other.

“Um, hello. Earth to Nicole!” Lisa said as she was waving her hand in Nicole’s face.

“What? What did you say?” she said finally paying attention to her friends.

“Haha what were you staring at?” Lisa asked.

“Nothing” Nicole said. But her attention was quickly back to the boys when a piece of bacon hit her in the forehead and couldn’t help but laugh. The 4 boys she was staring at before and who threw the bacon soon surrounded her.

“We are so sorry, aren’t we Alex” Rian said and he slighty punched the kid in the stomach.

“Yeah, yeah. Sorry. I didn’t mean to throw it at you”

“Its fine, I thought it was funny”

“Sweet. So I guess we’re gonna go now” Alex said with the rest of the guys following but they quickly turned back because there table was taken by other people.

“Did you forget something?” Nicole asked after taking a bite of her sandwich.

“Our table just got taken over. You mind if we sit with you guys?” jack, the scrawny looking kid with skunk hair asked.

“Go ahead. I think we have room for a few more” Cass said smirking.

As they sat down, the lunch period went pretty fast for everybody. They were talking like they’ve all always been friends. Everybody was getting along.

When the bell meaning lunch was over rang, Zack invited all 3 girls to a party at his house on Saturday. It was only Monday so they still had a while until the party but the girls were so excited. Their first High School party.

As everybody scattered to get to their class Jack ran up to Nicole.

“Hey” he said out of breath.

“Hi” she chuckled.

“I cant believe we’ve never met or anything.”

“Well, it is a big school Jack”

“Haha yeah I guess. You excited for the party on Saturday?” he asked.

“Yeah, its my birthday that day so I’ll definitely be celebrating that night” she said right back. And to her surprise he picked her up and hugged her tightly.

“Woah buddy, calm down and put me DOWN” she yelled but letting out a laugh.

“Sorry, but it’s gonna be your birthday! That is going to be so fun! I love birthdays”. Nicole noticed how he turned to a little kid when she said it was going to be her birthday and she thought it was cute.

*October 18th. Nicole’s birthday and party day*

“Guys, how do I look?” Nicole asked her friends. She was only wearing jeans and tshirt, but her hair and makeup was what made the outfit.

“Fabulous” Cass said.

“Okay, good” She said letting out a breath. “Now are we ready?”

“Hell yeah! I’m excited!” Lisa said.

“Yeah, you’re only excited because you’ve been hanging out with Alex all week and you wanna hook up with him tonight” Cass said back.

“No I do not!” Lisa said trying to deny it but everybody knew it was true.

“Yeah, uh huh. But lets go before we’re late.” Nicole said letting out a laugh.

Nicole, Cassadee and Lisa have been hanging out with the guys all week. And some of them had classes together which let them talk even more. They were almost like best friends now. Both groups were very out going and social so they had to problem hanging out outside of school.

As the girls pulled up to Zack’s house they grew more excited. It’s taken till October to be invited to a party but they finally did and they were stoked. Nicole walked in the door first and got pummeled the girl screaming Happy Birthday.

“Happy 14th” they all said separately when they got off her and gave her formal hugs and then gave the other two girls hugs.

They party was already I full force. Kids from all grades were there and everybody was shit faced. Nicole was talking to Rian when Jack came up to her.

“Hey, birthday girl” he said putting his arm around her.

“Hello Jacko”

“Can you come with me for a second? I have something to give you” he said pulling her to Zack’s room without letting her answer.

When they finally got to the bedroom Jack started going through Zack’s drawers looking for something.

“If you’re looking for a condom thinking I’m fucking you, Its not gonna happen” Nicole said.

“Hahaha, NO. I was looking for this” he said pulling out a wrapped present for Nicole.

“Oh my gosh. Jack you didn’t have to!”

Jack smiled at her for being so surprised. Nicole ripped open the poor wrapped present and took it out. It was a plan navy blue journal.

“Aw Jack” she said.

“I saw you the other day using a really worn out journal so I figured you could use this” he said sweetly.

“I absolutely love it” she said kissing him on the cheek.

“Good. Now how about we go take some birthday shots?”

“I’m so down, lets go” she said running out of the room with Jack to go meet the others.

What Nicole didn’t realize until she got home was that Jack had written on the first page.

October 18, 2003:

So today is your birthday! Happy mother fucking birthday! I hope you like this journal. I know it doesn’t seem like much but the second day we hung out you said you liked writing poems and writing about your day so I figured this would be a good gift. I truly hope that today has been a great birthday and I hope I get to spend the rest of them with you!

Happy Birthday
Love,
Jack

Every since she read that journal she knew they would always be best friends. She would know that Alex, Jack, Zack and Rian would always be there for her.

*End Flashabck*

I was now sitting on the couch. Crying. I couldn’t find my journal. I grabbed a pillow and dug my head in it so jack couldn’t see me crying. But it was too late cause he already came over to me.

“We’ll find, I promise” He said put his hand on my back.

“No we wont. We just looked through the whole bus” I said taking my head away from the pillow and wiping my eye.

“Hey” he said picking up my chin “Yes we will, okay? I know how important it is to you”

For a second I forgot that I “hated” him because I started staring in his eyes and shortly got lost in them.

Both of our faces were moving toward each other and we were about to kiss when everybody got back from breakfast and I quickly pushed him back realizing what I was about to do. I can’t let that happen again. I can’t let him think that I want him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was one of my favorite chapters to write! Tell me what you think pleeeeeease :)

Comment and Subscribe <3