Status: ACTIVE (:

Let Go.

Went so easily.

“So basically you are telling me you have called him all week and he’s been with other girls?” Luna asked me as I lay on her bed looking at the ceiling.
“Yeah.” I shrugged it off.
“So why are you not dating anyone?” she asked as if I was stupid.
“I don’t know.” I answered getting up and looking in the mirror.
My brown hair hung past my medium sized boobs, my eyes looked the shade of green they always have been, and nose was still normal.
“I need to do something new.” I groaned.
“No, you need to date.” She corrected me.
“Well, let’s go somewhere.” I said grabbing my purse.
“Where?” she asked.
“The mall I need shopping.” I smiled and led her outside and into my jeep.
“I sure don’t” Luna complained.
“Hush.” I rolled my eyes and drove to the mall.

“So, you need this.” Luna smiled and I turned around to look at myself in the dressing room.
I already bought a thirty dollar dress which was so short it barely stopped under my revealing parts.
“Do I need this shirt though?” I laughed looking at my slouchy tank top.
“No.” She answered for me.
“Alright then, let’s go.” I changed into my original shirt and walked back out, to the clothes.
“Ooh, this nail polish though.” I smiled picking up the light vintage blue color.
“I want that.” Luna came over discovering it was the last one.
“I’ll go ask someone if they have more.” I nodded and headed over to the counter where no one was. I stood there a little longer, until a guy came over. His hair was black and short maybe mid forehead, his eyes were a dark brown and he was really skinny with cute freckles on his nose.

“Do you guys have more of this color?” I asked feeling shy.
“Uh I’ll check the back for you.” He smiled and headed towards the back of the store. Soon after he came back and handed me the color.
“I searched through everything, and here it is.” He grinned as if he was proud of himself.
“Oh, you didn’t have to do that, but thanks.” I grinned.
“Well I don’t get asked favors by pretty girls often.” He winked.
I smiled, feeling my cheeks heat up.
“I’ll ring you up, but I don’t want you to go yet.” He smiled and took the nail polish off the counter, so I could buy it.
“Why is that?” I asked feeling Luna walking over.
“I haven’t got your name yet.” He smirked.
“Emma.” I nodded and handed him some money.
“Ah, well I am Ethan, and I left a message on this receipt.” He grinned and Luna placed her nail polish on the counter clearing her throat.
“Well, after she buys this I’m leaving.” I shrugged playfully.
“And then you look on the receipt.” He grinned and took Luna’s money.
“Maybe.” I agreed and walked out of the store.

“What does it say?” Luna laughed as we walked to the car.
In tiny neat handwriting, it said to call him and it had his number.
“It’s his number.” I giggled.
“Are you going to call him?” she asked excitedly.
“I dunno… I mean maybe?” I asked more, than stated.
“You better, I mean you aren’t even in a relationship, you are casually dating so why don’t you casually talk to this Ethan guy, and he’s gorgeous.” She dramatically swooned.
“Okay, okay later I don’t want to seem too eager, and he’s working anyway.” I said happily.
“You better.” Luna warned.
“Let’s go eat.” I said smiling and ignoring her.

After dinner I went home wondering what Travis was doing.
I grabbed my phone and decided to text Ethan. I texted him saying it was Emma. Soon after I heard my phone buzz.

“Hello?” I asked.
“Hey Emma, It’s Ethan, I would rather hear you then ready what you are saying.” His tone happy
“Well, hi.” I laughed feeling awkward. I heard a beep saying I had a text; it was from Travis asking if my mom was home, I replied saying no and he then said he was coming over.
“So Emma, what are the chances that I’ll ever get to see you again?” he asked hopeful.
“It depends.” I answered honestly.
“On what?” he asked.
“On if you ever ask me out.” I shot back.
“Well, Emma would you like to go to Risk with me?” he asked referring to the club Luna was a dj at sometimes.
“When?” I asked as if I didn’t know.
“Hmm what’s today...Friday, how about tomorrow?” he answered my question, right as Travis knocked on the door.
“I’ll text you my address, but if you want to continue talking you have to text me because I have to go.” I smiled even though he couldn’t see.
“For you, I will.” He joked.
“Bye.” I said nicely and went downstairs to get the door.

“Hey.” I smiled when Travis walked in.
“Miss me?” he smiled and hugged me his arms perfectly around my waist.
“Nope.” I lied smiling.
My phone buzzed saying I had a text from Ethan.
“Aren’t you popular?” he joked as we walked up the stairs.
“Oh yeah.” I laughed and said sarcastically.
“So who is it? He asked sitting next to me on my bed.
“Just a guy.” I said nonchalant.
“Oh a guy?” he sounded surprised.
“Don’t be so shocked, were casual.” I smirked.
“I know, I just didn’t believe you were okay with it.” He sounded surprised still.
“Well we have a date.” I smiled.
“Okay, but you know, you haven’t kissed me yet.” He looked at me as I was texting Ethan back.
“So.” I shrugged and turned my TV off, enjoying the silence.
“This guy cannot get a kiss before me.” He smirked lying down.
“And why not?” I asked coolly.
“Can’t I already beat him.” He said and pulled me down next to him, his lips kissed mine real soft.
He tasted like, weed, cigarettes, and mint. But together it was perfect. His hands slid to my wait pulling me closer. I pulled away.
“Well I guess Ethan isn’t getting a kiss before you.” I laughed feeling breathless.
“No he won’t, that’s his name?” he asked.
“What?” I looked up at him.
“Ethan?” he asked.
“Oh yeah.” I nodded.
“So guess who called me?”
“Who?” Travis looked at me puzzled.
“Carter.” I spoke quickly.
“Why?” he asked dumbfounded.
“I don’t know, he said to apologize about some of the things he said.” I shrugged.
“Did you forgive him?” he asked yawning.
“I'm not sure actually.” I furrowed my eyebrows together.
We heard my mom’s car beep, meaning she had just gotten out and locked it.
“And now I am leaving.” He sat up and put his vans back on.
“I guess you want another kiss huh?” I joked standing next to him. He leaned in and I pulled away before he got what he wanted.
“Ouch.” Travis joked.
“Ethan gets second kiss, since you got first kiss.” I joked back.
“That’s not right.” He laughed and pulled his varsity jacket back on, because only in Oregon is it still cold in the summer.
I heard him go down the stairs as my mom was coming in the house.
“Hello, Emma’s mom great to see you again.” I heard him say in a sarcastic tone, a smirk most likely accompanying the statement.
Those damn smirks.