Shot Wide

Five

I was up, and was not going to be able to sleep tonight. After Patrick left, I went inside, and into my study. What the hell had I just done? He was a professional athlete, and I was a music student.

I opened my baby grand (piano) and let my hands travel down the keys. On my stand I had many pieces by Clare Grundman, so I played Concord, one of my favorite pieces. Just as I got to my favorite part, my phone went off signaling that I had a new text message. I opened it up, and it read, "Your making too much noise. Thought you were going to bed:)" Damn Patrick Kane.

I sighed and replied, "fuck you."

I got up, and he replied, "my door's open."

"My legs aren't." Hopefully he would get the point.

"But your lips are." He was not going to win this fight.

"Go fuck yourself."

"Only if your here."

"Only in your dreams."

"Than I better go to bed."

"Your sick Patrick."

"No. Just horny."

"Get over yourself."

"Does that mean I can get on you?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Never."

"Your mean."

"No, I'm living in reality. Good night Patrick."

I had made my way back to my room, and I finally laid down on my four poster bed.

~
I woke up to my phone blaring my alarm. I sat up, and noticed that I was still in my clothes from last night. I sighed, and went to get in the shower.

I let the warm water run down my body. It felt relaxing, and I soon felt my muscles relax. My long dirty blonde hair curling in the water.

When I got out, I wrapped a towel around myself, and got dressed for the day.

I put on a pair of black yoga pants, and a UVM sweatshirt, bearing my hockey number on the back. I went into my study, shoving everything into my Northface back pack. It was almost six AM, but I wanted to get my practicing in before Megan got to our classroom.

I grabbed my keys, and took the stairs down to the lobby. Once I was in my car, I began my drive with a sleepy haze looming over. That all ended when I hit early morning traffic, one block from my college's parking garage.

It was a green light, and nobody was moving. The car in front of me blared it's horn, and traffic finally started moving again. I finally took the turn into the parking garage.

~
"Are you always here early?" The devil herself was behind me, probably analyzing my every move. "Well someone had a rough night. Must not have been laid, again." I was good at ignoring her, but this time, she just would not leave me alone. She finally lunged for my phone, and successfully got it.

"One new message, from an unknown number, Who is it? One night stand much? Lets see what they have to say." Damn, I knew that not protecting my phone when a new message came in was a bad idea.

"Come live in my reality? Really, who is this?" I stood up, and grabbed her wrists.

"Give me my phone back. Now."

She smirked and said, "not until you answer my question." I took her coffee, and dumped it on her head. Before she could throw my phone across the room, I was able to take it out of her hand.

"What the hell is going on in here?" My professor walked in, and was not looking impressed with what she just saw.

"Ms. Clark, Sophia just threw coffee on me because I answered her phone for her!" She cried, making good use for all of her acting lessons.

I stood there, not saying a word would not be any use to me.

"Sophia, go home. Megan, we're going to have a talk about personal items." I grabbed my bag and walked out, but before I could, Megan winked at me.

I just kept walking out to my Lexus, and got in. I wiped what little bit of coffee was on my phone, and texted my best friend Brett from UVM. "You would not believe that I just got in my first bitch fight." I set my phone down, and floored it out of the garage, and into the still hazy streets of Chicago. I drove around for a while, and finally stopped at a Starbucks for coffee.

I parked and wen in, asking for a peppermint latte. After recieving it, I went to sit down, and saw Tyler.

"Well well, look who is having a bit of a rough morning." He turned around, and put a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" He smiled and sat down at the nearest table.

"Just got kicked out of a class. What are you doing up this early?"

He just gave me a confused look. "How do you get kicked out of music class?"

I giggled and replied, " I dumped coffee on a girls head. It was hilarious from my perspective."

He shook his head and said, "are you going to be kicked out of school?"

What a guy he was being, " I shouldn't be, she provoked me, and took personal property. So, she should be the one to be punished."

My latte had been warming my hands, until Tyler took it out of them. He playfully smiled as he did, and I just let him take it. I would have kept up with our little staring contest, but y phone went off.

I pulled it out of my pocket and Brett had replied. "Well, the little flower has finally bloomed! When are you coming back, we all miss you."

I smiled and felt a bit of remorse for coming to Chicago. I quickly replied, "I just got here! When are you coming to see me? Haha, I'm going to come down one of these weekends. Carter still wants me to come out and see a game."

I turned my phone down, and turned my attention back to Tyler. "So you never answered my question.

He looked at me and said, "Oh, I have to go buy a suit. I don't like the one that I brought."

He was unbelievable. "Seriously, your going to go out and buy a new suit? At least let me help you."

He looked at me and smiled, "really?"

"Yes! I'll bring you to Michigan Ave, its right around the corner, and the shopping is almost as good as the Big Apple."

~

"Do I go dark or light?"

We had been in the same store for almost two hours, and I was sick of him walking in circles, not being able to decide on anything.

I got up, picked out a dark blue dress shirt, matching tie, and black jacket and slacks. "Go try these on, do not say a word until you are in them, and I look at it."

I threw the clothes at him, and he reluctantly went in and changed. He finally walked out, and looked stunning. "That is what you are wearing tonight."

"How are you so good at this?"

I laughed and said, "I outfitted the entire UVM team."

He went in the changing room and said, "so what are you wearing tonight? I know all about you and Kaner."

I looked away and said, "I'm not sure that I really am going to go." My phone went off, and without thinking, I answered it.

"He's hot. I would totally fuck him. Getting him a tux for your soon to be shotgun wedding?"

"Megan, your a little fucking whore. Stay away from me, or I am calling the police."

I put my phone in my lap, and held my face. Tyler walked out and said, "you look like you need a nap. You should go home, rest up. Play, or do whatever you do. I'll see you tonight, right?"

I nodded a yes.

~
I stormed down the hallway, and threw open the door to my condo. I went to my living room, and blared music. I sat down on my couch, and absorbed it in. Megan was a bitch, I let her get to me, and I was an idiot for letting this happen.

I hit the stop button, and walked out of my apartment, taking a left, and knocking on Patrick's door. I stood awkwardly, seeing if he would open it, if he was even home. Just as I was about to leave, he opened it.

I walked in without his invitation, and sat down of his couch, pulling my legs up to my chest, and leaning into the arm. "Yes, of course you can come in."

I rolled me eye's, and just sat there, letting him do his own thing. "No smart ass remark back? Are you feeling okay?" He was looking so hot in just his basketball shorts, and hair still wet from a shower.

I got up, and kissed him. He hesitated, and then gently pushed me back. "Ugh, what the fuck is wrong with me."

I went to walk away, and he picked me up before I could, and he brought me to his room. He sat me down on his bed, and went into his closet-or was that another room? I wasn't sure. I just laid back, and tried to calm down.

He came back out with a stack full of movies. He put in a movie, and picked me up again, holding me close to him, and laid me back down, at the head of his bed. He went to the other side, and slipped in next to me.

I took a hold of the blankets that were in a mess, and brought it up to my chest. I leaned my body back, and Patrick was there, so his legs were on each side of me, and he slung his arms around my neck.

What did I just get myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah!! I really like this story!! I am going to add more to this chapter, and I wont be around wifi for a little bit, so it will be good, and there will be much more! (House sitting in the woods, glad the guy I'm sitting for has a hockey rink in his back yard!!!!)