Shot Wide

Six

I ended up going to the fantasy draft, and sadly sat through the entire thing. I was bored, and so were half of the players. They were supposed to be tweeting during the entire thing, but Tyler and Patrick texted me for the entire thing. It helped, but I was trying to keep up with Sidney Crosby's conversation he had started. Patrick had scored me a seat with him, Kris Versteeg, Brad Marchand, and Andrew Ladd.

"So, are you going to the after party Sophia?" Brad was sitting on my right, and had been over my shoulder all night trying to get a rise out of me.

Without looking at him, I replied, "if you stop looking over my shoulder, I will. And as a bonus, I wont break your nose."

Everyone laughed, and Brad punched Kris as he sat down. "If you two don't stop acting like a bunch of elementary kids, I'm going to kick your asses."

My phone lit up again, and Patrick texted me, "what the hell is going on over there? There's the last guy, the cannon shit left!"

"I'm sorry! They can't sit down and not bicker with each other. The only sane one is Sidney!" I felt Brad looking over my shoulder, so I grabbed him by the ear, got out of my chair, and dragged him to the very back of the room. I left him there, and walked back.

I sat in my chair, and was easily thrown from it when the confetti shooters went off. Everyone laughed, and Kris moved over so he was sitting next to me. Sidney looked at me and said, "how did you come up with your outfit? I heard Tyler and Kaner bickering about who's color's your wearing."

I was wearing a black strapless dress, with a Bruins color gold belt around the middle, so they both would shut up. "They got the best of both worlds. I see that you went with Penguin's colors."

He gave me one of his million dollar smiles and said, "of course."

~

The DJ had been playing for an hour now, and I was sitting in a corner booth, trying not to be noticed by anyone. "Carry me Ladd."

I laughed as Kris jumped on Andrew's back, and the horse backed around until they saw me, looked at each other, and ran over to me. "So what are you doing here?"

I sat up and said, "not making an ass out of myself."

Andrew saw something and walked away, and Kris looked at me and said "dance with me. I promise you will have a good time."

"Okay."

We walked down to the dance floor, and worked our way into the middle. Kris put his hands on my hips, and I put my hands around his neck. We were moving our hips to the music, and I felt happy.

Kris bent down to tell me something, but I was pulled away by someone. I laughed, and detached myself from Kris, who looked thoroughly pissed, and saw that Brad had a hold of me.

"Why aren't you dancing with Seg's?" Brad had a good buzz on, so I wasn't going to take anything he said seriously.

"Um, dancing? I haven't seen him in a while."

"Oh, you should go."

"Brad, your almost drunk, go get some water." I walked away, and went to the bar myself to get water.

When I got there, I sat down, and the bartender brought me a glass of water. I took everything in, and was joined by Sidney. "Hey, why aren't you dancing?" I looked over at Sidney, who's face wasn't red, and one who looked pretty content.

"Eh, not really into it right now. I don't want to completely wreck myself tonight. I still have classes to go to." I took a sip of my water and looked over at Sidney.

"C'mon, dance with me." He looked at me, and I kind of got lost in his eyes, they were just so deep.

"Fine! Let's go before someone see's that the NHL's poster boy is going to actually dance with someone of the opposite sex." I stood up, and he took my hand, pulling me to the middle of the dance floor.

Music filled the floor, and I saw Patrick with two girls hanging off of him. I half laughed, half groaned, knowing what I was going to be hearing all night long. Sidney looked like a complete idiot. Without a doubt, he did not know what he was doing, but I just went with it. I didn't want to disappoint him, so I moved closer to him.

About a minute into dancing like this, I felt strong hands on my shoulders, and I was gently pulled away from Sidney. "What the he-"

"Sophia, what the fuck are you doing?" Patrick had had many drinks, but he was not my owner, so I was going to stand up for myself.

"I'm dancing, just like what you were just doing." I felt Sidney standing to the side of me, taking it all in.

"No, you shouldn't be dancing like that with him."

"Why not?!"

"Because-just because."

"Patrick, please don't do this. I came tonight for you, now can I enjoy this?"

"Whatever." Patrick stalked away from me, and I just gave up.

"I should get going. I have early class tomorrow morning." I turned away from Sidney when I heard, "at lease give me your number?"

I turned back and took Sidney's phone in my hand as I punched in my number. "Bye Sidney, have a good night."
~*~*~*~*~*~*
Heavy knocking on my door, there was no way I was going to get up for this. "Go away. Leave a message," I groaned into my pillow.

"Soph, can I come in. Soph?"

I was going to kill Patrick Kane.