Shot Wide

Seven

My sweatshirt was covering my short shorts. I thrust the door open, seeing Patrick in his dress clothes still.

"My parents are here, and I promised my mom that I would never act like I did after we won the Cup again. You have to have an extra bedroom. Please Soph." He had mellowed, but was still drunk.

I stared at him dumbfound, "how in the fuck do you even think that I will ever let you step in my apartment."

He smirked and said, "you would have after you came home from my party."

"That was different, I had been drinking, and I was being stupid."

"Sophia, please, please, please let me. If you have any compassion, you will let me in."

"Fine, but your sleeping in my room, I'm sleeping on the couch. If you even try to argue, I will wake your parents up, and tell them where you are, and what state of mind you are in." He looked at me thankfully, and stepped in.

My room is down the hall to the left, and it is the very last door on the right. Make yourself at home, just don't puke on anything."

Patrick kissed my forehead, and walked down into my room, leaving the door open.
~*~*~*~*
I woke up and went into my study, finding that I had a new email.

"Sophia,
Due to the fact that you had a physical confrontation with another student, we are asking you to relieve yourself from our classes until further notice.
Thank you."

I cried, I couldn't stop myself. I picked up my binders full of music, and let them fall to the floor, unleashing the white mess, with more pen ink than writing. This was my language, and now, I could only do it in the confines of my room.

All of the time and money was for nothing. I had one online class, but that was it. This school was going to make me into something I couldn't do alone. I stormed out of my study and went into the kitchen. That's when I remembered, Patrick was in my room-in my bed.

I couldn't take any of this anymore. I went into my room to see Patrick on top of my blankets, looking as peaceful as he could be. I went to the left side, where he wasn't, and crawled under the blankets to try to sleep all of this off.

Patrick must have felt me get in, because he moved over so he was next to me. I wasn't sure if he was up or not, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of looking over at him if he was. "You can't sleep all day, you have class."

Fucking shit. "No, I'm suspended until further notice. I'm staying in bed until I can go back." I was not going to cry. No, no, no. I bit my lip, focusing on something else, like Patrick's body up against mine?

"No, your not. Your going to actually do something. Not just mope around. Come with me to practices and such. Go out to lunch with some of the guys, we'll have fun with it." He leaned into me so his head was on my shoulder.

"Fine, but I'm not your meeting your parents." He leaned his entire weight on me and said, "shit. I don't know why I gave them a key."

"Don't you dare pull this on my Patrick Kane, you just gave me a speech about not running away from things."

He put his face closer to mine and whispered, "fine." He kissed me gently, and after a moment, the pressure grew. I shifted my shoulders around so I was able to take hold of his arms. His tongue ran across my lips, but I didn't let him in. I knew he was confused, so I moved my arms up to the back of his neck, and pulled myself closer to him. He put a hand on my lower back, and I gasped. The innocent kiss turned into a much heated one, with neither one of us wanting to stop.

Patrick pulled at the bottom of my shirt, and unexpectedly, his phone rang from his pocket. Both of us being in shock, he fell off of the bed, as I pulled back and hit my head off of the wall. "What the fuck Tazer, why are you calling me now?"

He sat up with a frustrated look on his face. Sitting up, I rubbed my head, where it had hit off of of my headboard. "I know my parents are here, and I'm sure my mother is having a fit. I walked into my apartment last night and saw my moms purse, so I walked right back out. No moron, I'm fine, just let me take care of this."

As Patrick hung up on Jonathan, I got out of my bed, finding clothes to wear for the day. I guess that I would go out, and walk around the Windy City. "Do you want to come to practice with me today? It's just the All Star guys, so it will lax and they really wont care."

"Sure. Can I just wear this?" I held up a pair of dark wash jeans, and a cotton dress shirt from Hollister.

"Looks hot enough for me. I'll be ready to leave my house at noon, and hopefully I can get mom to go to an early dinner after with me." He smiled as I took off my sweatshirt, revealing and old lacrosse pinney.

"Lacrosse? You don't look like a lacrosse player."

"Varsity starter since I was a freshman, on the guy's team because I wanted the physical play." Patrick smiled and looked down at his phone, so I took that chance to change out of my cotton shorts, and into my jeans.

"You really need to go see your parents, if they called Jon, you know that it is going to be bad." I walked out of my room, and into my kitchen, where I bit into a muffin.

"I'll see you late, and you will come with me. You already said yes." He came up behind me, and tried to kiss my cheek, but I pulled away.

~*~*~*~*~
"How do you stand being in a car that smells like a gym bag?" It had been ten minutes of sitting in traffic, and it smelled so horrible.

"How do you stand the stench of hair spray?" He smirked as he said this, hoping to get a reaction out of me.

"Fine, I guess its just the way you are. So how was walking into your parents and sisters?"

"Interesting, they were happy to see me of course, but they were not mad that I did not come home last night. They figured that I just stayed at a team mates house last night after the draft, to 'catch up with old friends'."

"Well I'm glad that they are not frustrated with you." I smiled as I said this, but was still on edge from my early morning message.

"Yea, my sisters want you to take them shopping, since you will have down time."

"Patrick Kane, what did you say to them?"

He smiled and said, "I told them that we were friends, and you were my neighbor, who was on school break, and knew her way around Chicago. Then they asked if you liked shopping, which I assumed was a yes. Sorry, didn't think that it would be a big deal." He looked disappointing.

"No, I actually think it will be good for me, but please don't tell them what we have been...doing."

"You mean, this?" Patrick leaned over, and chastely kissed me on the lips, if we weren't in the middle of traffic in downtown Chicago, I would have done anything he asked or told me to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you have any ideas of where you want, or think this should go, let me know!