Sequel: Rush
Status: Completed.

Steal My Heart Tonight

Chapter 7

Remy had no idea what Harry had meant by living space. She thought it was just the dorms at the university. The minute we pulled into the driveway at the apartment Remy had to have something to say. “Are you kidding me right now?” Remy screamed. “Addison Martha Wardens.” She scolded. I ducked my head down. I hated when someone used my middle name. It was so ugly compared to the rest of my name. My mom decided to have my middle name to be after her grandmother.

I quickly got out of the SUV and ran into the flat. Louis was sitting on the couch watching the television. He looked up when he had seen me. “Hello love!” He greeted getting up off the couch making his way over to me.

“Addison! I am not finished with you!” She screeched walking into the house after me. She froze when she saw Lou standing in front of me. Her facial expression had changed dramatically within a few moments. “Hello, I’m Remy.” She said holding out her hand.

Louis chuckled a bit. “Louis.” He said shaking her hard. “Nice outfit” He said smiling. Remy’s eyes widened when she looked down at her outfit. She probably just noticed that she looked like the girl version of Lou in his concert outfit. Her cheeks flushed a cute pink color as she turns to me. “I’m glad my new roomie shares my love of stripes.”

“Woah woah woah. Wait a second. Addison darling, I need to talk to you now.” She said grabbing my arm leading me back out the door. We were in the front yard with no one around except for Harry getting our bags out of the car. “When were you going to tell me we are sharing a flat with Harry and Louis?” She harshly whispered.

“Um… When we got here…” I replied shrugging. “The only thing is this was the biggest one we could find in such a short amount of time. So we have to share a room.” I finished.

“Really? So it will sort of feel like a dorm room for us in the same room.” Remy said relaxing a bit. I smiled and nodded. “Okay. Fine. You are safe. For now…” She said pointing a finger at me and walking back into the flat.

I walked over to the car and watched Harry get the last suitcase out. It was mine. “Be careful with that bag. It’s mine.” I finished smirking at him.

“Oh it will be fine.” He said lugging it past me into the flat. I followed in after him and skipped to my room. Remy was already in there putting away her clothes blasting some All Time Low.

“This room looks uber boring.” I said lying back on my bed. The ceiling was white. The walls were white with nothing on them. And the floor was hard wood. All in all, this room was going to give me a headache from its emptiness.

“Don’t worry. I brought my posters. It’s in my other suitcase.” Remy said sitting next to me.

I turned on my side to face her and smiled. “I brought mine too.” We both got up off the bed and pulled out our posters and snip-it’s from magazines we thought were cute.

Since Remy is really into sports so of course there were pictures of guys with uniforms on. I just wasn’t sure what or who they were. I looked over at my wall smiling at my periodic table poster that my high school chemistry teacher had given me before he retired. I sat on my bed and looked over at my bedside table where a picture frame sat with my robotic family portrait. My mother wanted to make sure we looked proper. I looked so unhappy. I never look happy when around my family, unless Remy was with us of course.

I shook my head and looked over at Remy. She was adjusting a picture of her family on her wall. They all had such silly faces. I remember taking it in the winter. We were in her living room and her mom didn’t want just any old family photo. She wanted a fun one. And that’s just what they did.

“Harry and I are going to bed. So you should too to get your bodies adjusted to our time.” Lou said sticking his head in our room making me jump a bit.

“We aren’t that tired.” I replied smiling at him. “But we will once we are finished unpacking.” Lou nodded and closed the door. I felt a bit hurt that Harry didn’t come in and say good night but I shrugged the thought from my mind. I walked over Remy’s computer and turned the music off so the boys could sleep.

“I’m getting more comfy. A.K.A., I will be putting on my pajamas. Do. Not. Look.” I said pointing at Remy.

“Good idea.” Remy agreed. “We will change with our backs turned to each other.”

I nodded and grabbed my favorite gray sweatpants from the draw I had stuck my tank tops and sweatpants in. They were a dark shade of gray with the number 67 on them. They were so soft on the inside. I threw on a white tank top thinking I would be warm enough.

“Lou is right ya’ know… We should probably sleep a bit.” I said pulling the covers down so I could slide in.

“Yeah, I agree.” She said getting into bed. “But I’m not that tired…”

Remy had claimed she wasn’t tired, yet she ended up falling asleep quickly. I couldn’t fall asleep however. I was tired don’t get me wrong, but my mind was flooded with thoughts. If anyone asked me what was on my mind. I would lie to them saying I was tired or the Evan thing was bothering me. What was really bothering me is Harry. He is really adorable. Even though we haven’t talked that long, I really think I am falling for him.

I shook my head to put an end to my thoughts and got out of bed. It was a bit chilly so I grabbed my dark blue hoodie I had on the edge of my bed just in case I had gotten cold in the middle of the night. I was kind of thirsty so I wandered into the kitchen to get a bottle of water. It was a bit chilly in the flat so I pulled my hood up. There were no bottles of water of any kind anywhere. Nothing was in the fridge or cabinets. We really need to buy some bottled water sometime tomorrow.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang outside and rushed to the window and saw a flash of lightening. My eyes widened and I sprinted to my room. Remy was laying there sleeping like nothing had happened. I shuffled over to her and poked her. “Remy…” I whispered shaking her. She stirred a bit. “Rem, there is a storm outside…” I said poking her arm. She flipped over and groaned a bit.

She was never going to wake up. There was yet another large cracking sound outside followed by a sudden bright white light. I jumped and ran out of the room. I stood there outside of Harry’s door. It was cracked open a bit so I opened it.

“Harry?” I whispered into the dark room. “Are you awake?” I said taking a step into the room. The room flashed with a sudden light and I could see where Harry’s bed was. Another bang with another flash lighting up the room was all it took for me to shuffle to where his bed was. I sat on the edge of the bed and poked him. He groaned a bit. “Hazzah…” I whispered again. I felt a hand on my leg.

“Addison?” I heard him question. “What are you doing in my room?”

“I’m scared of thunderstorms…” I replied jumping when I heard yet another bang.

“Come lay down with me till its over then. I’ll protect you.” He said moving over to make room for me. I crawled under the blankets with him. His arm wrapped around me and pulled me closer after I had already gotten comfortable.

“Thank you.” I whispered nuzzling my head into one of his many pillows.

I woke up to shuffling down the hall. I closed my eyes again quickly when the door started to open and I noticed it was Louis. But why would he come in this early in the morning?

“Hazzaaaaaaaaa.” I heard him whine. “Louis’ tummy is rumbling. And only your amazing waffles with the berries and white topping are going to satisfy… Uh… Harry? Why do you have four legs? Last time I checked you had four nipples not four legs…” I heard his voice cut off. An instant coldness covered my body. He had pulled the covers off of us. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times before Louis formed clearly. “Uhhh… I’ll give you two a minute.” He said backing out the door closing it behind him.

I closed my eyes again, “If you move. You die.” I mumbled nuzzling my head back into his chest. Somehow during the night we must have gotten tangled up. Honestly I didn’t mind much since I was warm. For once, I didn’t feel lonely waking up. I felt safe and it was a nice feeling.

“You heard Lou, I have to go start breakfast. Unless you want to put up with the Sassmasta from Doncasta all day. Cause I sure as hell don’t want to.” He said shoving me off of him which made me fall off the bed with a thud.

“That really hurt!” I said getting up. The freezing floor made me instantly cold. “Where are my slippers?” I mumbled. Before realizing that I didn’t have them here in the first place. “Meet you in the kitchen?” He nodded and I ran into my room. Remy was still asleep so I ended up tip toeing to the side of my bed to grab my green dinosaur claw slippers. I quickly slid them on and wandered into the kitchen.

The kitchen smelled like fresh waffles. One of my favorites. I looked at the breakfast bar and Lou was sitting there looking eager to get some food. I took a seat next to him and smiled.

“Morning. Have a nice night last night?” Louis whispered elbowing my side winking.

I started laughing and turned to Lou, “Harry let me stay with him since there was a storm last night. They scare me…” I said trailing off. I got up and walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a glass and placed it on the counter. I leaned against the counter watching Harry carefully take out the waffles.

“It’s true Lou. Addie and I are just friends.” Harry said putting the waffles on a plate and placing it in front of Lou. A sudden numbness had taken over my entire body after hearing him say that. “Don’t touch them yet.” He said before turning around to grab a box of assorted berries putting some on the waffles. “Okay add your white stuff.” He said adding more batter to the hot waffle iron.

I grabbed my glass and opened the fridge. There really wasn’t much to drink so I just poured some milk for myself. I placed it where I would be sitting and grabbed another glass and put some cold tap water that was in the fridge in it and placed in on the counter knowing Remy would be up soon. Today we are going to get our books for our summer courses. She would never sleep in too late when it has anything to do with school.

As if on schedule, Remy comes walking into the kitchen. “What smells so good?” She asks taking my seat next to Louis. I shook my head looking at her. She mouthed a ‘what’ and I pointed to her face. She actually put on some makeup so she would look presentable. She blushed a bit and looked over at Lou and smiled.

Of course Remy had to make sure she looked perfect. She always does. Her hair was perfectly wavy like she had run a brush through it. She had her cute British flag ecru t-shirt on with a pair of her gray jack wills sweatpants. I took a quick glance at my appearance and I literally looked like I had just rolled out of bed. Everyone looked like they had woken up in the movies, perfect. I threw my hood up and placed the glass of water in front of Remy. She looked down at it and then looked right back to me.

“This is tap water.” She said pushing it towards me. “I only drink bottled water.” Remy looked over at Harry and pointed to her empty plate. “Can I have some food please?” She asked maybe a little bit too sweetly. I grabbed my milk and chugged it down. I placed it in the sink and stuck a mouth full of berries in my mouth.

I swallowed it down and turned to Remy. “We should probably go get ready to get our books now.” She nodded and stuffed some waffles in her mouth.

“What about your waffles?” Harry asked holding out a plate.

“I lost my appetite…” I said leaving the room. I have to admit it hurt that Harry had said that. Here I am thinking maybe Harry likes me a bit when really he only thinks of me as a friend. I shook the thought from my mind as I tried to concentrate on today.

Today was going to be great. I loved getting new books. The new book smell has always been my favorite, besides the old book smell. Like the old ones at the libraries at colleges. It’s an incredible feeling getting your books for school however. The excitement I just to get books for school could really creep some people out. Besides Remy of course, she has always shared my love of books. That’s why we are such great friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't you hate when people glare at you till you update two times in a row?
I don't...

subscribe & comment
xx