Sequel: Rush
Status: Completed.

Steal My Heart Tonight

Chapter 8

“Let’s go Remy, there are only a select few waters to choose from…” I complained standing at the counter. Tapping my heels against the floor. Remy and I decided stop at the store to buy some of our water before heading to the school to get our books.

“I can’t decide between Fiji and Smart water…” Remy called out from the back of the store.

“Just choose one already!!!” I yelled back smiling at the cashier. “Sorry that my friend is such a diva.” I heard the clacking of heels on the other side of the store. She must have chosen something finally. I looked over at her and smiled as she turned the corner and saw her with
two Fiji waters. “Took you long enough…” I said with a bit of an attitude.

Remy hated what I had chosen for the day today and decided to redress me with her clothes since mine just simply didn’t do me justice. I only wanted to wear my ripped jeans and my Ramones t-shirt with my white converse. Remy thought dressing like that in London was a crime on its own. She never wanted to commit a crime. That’s why she had to look perfect all the time.

Remy and I chatted about the classes we were taking over the summer on the way to the book store at the University. We froze when we standing outside of the doors. The building looked beautiful with white and gray bricks. We looked at each other and walked in. The inside however was a disappointment. It looked like a gift shop for the school just like the one back home. I looked at her and sighed pulling some papers from my denim backpack. I stepped into the small line forming in front of a long counter with people running around crazily behind it.

I turned toward Remy who was behind me in line and made a funny face at her sticking out my tongue. A weird looking girl started laughing behind Remy. “Um… Are you laughing at me?” I questioned her cocking my head to the side.

“And if I was?” She said with an irish accent.

“Well, just keep to yourself then!” I retorted. She looked away and I looked over at Remy.

“You know that was kind of mean…” Remy said turning to the stranger. “I apologize on behalf of my friend.”

“It’s alright. I get that a lot. The name is Alice O’Callghan.” She said holding out her hand.

“Addison Wardens.”

“Remy Carter, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“You don’t sound like you are from around here… transfers?” Alice had said looking at us up and down.

“Yeah. We are from Boston.” Remy said smiling a bit. I looked over at the line and took a step up dragging Remy up a space.

I spaced out looking at Alice. She had a unique style just like Remy. She had braided pink hair. Which was nice having someone else have a different color hair like me. She really did remind me of Remy though wearing a pair of tights with some shorts. It looked nice with her pink floral zip up bralet under a see through white button up. I looked over at Remy and then back at Alice. They both looked completely adorable. Remy had a cute little light pink dress on with a black collar and black belt with a bow that matched the color of the dress on it. Her hair was braided on the side and pulled back into a bun.

I rolled my eyes looking at my appearance. Remy had given me stuff to wear so I would look nice today. She hated what I had chosen for the day and decided to redress me with her clothes since mine just simply didn’t do me justice. I only wanted to wear my ripped jeans and my Ramones t-shirt with my white converse. Remy thought dressing like that in London was a crime on its own. She never wanted to commit a crime. That’s why she had to look perfect all the time. Even though I thought I looked fine earlier, she had decided I would look better in some black leggings with a white tank top on with some stud design on it. Since I get cold easily she let me use her yellow blazer since it would look really nice together. The one thing I really hated about letting Remy use me as her dress up doll was when she makes me wear heels. I can walk in them sure, but I only really wear them on special occasions. Well unless Remy decides I need them to make my outfit pop more.

I zoned back in to Remy talking, “Want to hang out with us after you get your books?”

“Sure. What are you guys doing after?” She asked looking back and forth between Remy and I.

“Going back to our apartment with the boys to watch The Woman in Black.” I butted in turning to the counter and handing the man my slip to get my books. I made sure to call ahead so everything was ready. I really didn’t want to wait long.

“Sounds like fun! But mind if we stop at Nandos? I didn’t have breakfast this morning…” Alice questioned.

“Sure. Isn’t it only a few blocks from here?” Remy asked turning toward the counter. “It’s under Remy Carter.” She said to a tall man behind the counter. The other man had come back with my books and an instant smile formed on my face when he plopped them in front of me. I opened my bag and slowly put them in so I wouldn’t ruin them already. Remy stood there with her books and smiled at my holding up her thumb. She was just as excited as I am to get back to doing school work.

The walk back to the flat from Nandos was really annoying. All Remy and Alice talked about was fashion and how excited Alice was to look at Rem’s wardrobe. I got back to the flat first and put my bag down just inside of the door. I was relieved to see all of the boys sitting on the couches surrounding the television. I smiled and sat between Liam and Harry on the love seat so we were all squished together.

I looked over at the door to see Remy and Alice come walking in laughing. Remy smiled at everyone and pointed to Alice. “This is Alice. She is our new friend.” My eyes darted at Niall who was sniffing the air rather intensely.

“I smell Nandos.” Niall said in a weird voice.

“Yeah I have some.” Alice said holding up her bag.

“What do you have?” He says looking at Alice intensely.

“Chicken wings…” her voice trailed off as Niall got off the couch walking over to Alice. He ripped the bag from her hands and looked in the bag.

“They are not just any type of wings…” He trailed off smelling the air around the bag. “Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings…” He said eyeing the bag. “Plus a brownie. Can I have the Brownie?” He said ripping the bag from her hands and looked in the bag. Alice’s face changed quickly grabbing the bag back from Niall.

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?” She screamed. Niall jumped back. “WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FUCKING PRESIDENT OF AMERICA? MMMM? PRESIDENT OBAMA? OH THAT’S RIGHT YOU ARE NOT FUCKING BLACK GO SIT YOUR ASS BACK DOWN ON THE COUCH JUSTIN BEIBER WANNABE!!” Niall stood there for a moment with tears in his eyes. He turned toward Liam and walked over to him sulking and sat on his lap since there was no room on the couch. Laughter had erupted the room suddenly. We all looked over at Lou who was having a fit.

“I like her. Let’s keep her!” He said in between gasps for air. We all stared at Louis for laughing at Niall’s pain. I looked over at Remy who was still near the door with Alice. She smiled but it wasn’t her usual happy smile. It was her ‘I’m upset but I will just pretend everything is okay smile’. Who knows what is really going on in her mind right now.

“Alright can we watch the movie now?” I whined trying to draw the attention away from Niall and Alice.

“I don’t understand why you want to actually watch The Woman in Black, Addie. You hate scary movies.” Remy said sitting next to Lou and Alice.

“Well bring it on.” I grumbled narrowing my eyes at her. Zayn had already set everything up and just hit play. Niall ended up leaving Liam’s lap at the beginning of the movie to sit in between Zayn and Alice.

The movie was a little too intense for me. So the majority of the beginning I buried my head in Harry’s chest. My eyes were glued to the screen wondering what is going to happen in that house when I heard a slap. I turned my head toward Alice and Niall. He was rubbing his hand glancing at the movie and the bag of food on her lap. She was eating the chicken wings and apparently Niall really wanted some so he tried to get some. So in return he got slapped. I turned my attention back to the movie wondering what I had missed.

I couldn’t focus on the movie anymore. It was way too scary for me so I just watched everyone else’s reactions to the movie. Niall kept trying to steal Alice’s food. I have to admit it was rather adorable even though he really just wanted the food and nothing to do with Alice. Niall went to grab the bag from Alice and missed grabbing at her leg.

“Really Niall? You need to buy me Nandos before you can get anywhere with me.” She said hitting his hand away. She had said it just loud enough to catch everyone’s attention.

“Niall really? You just met the girl!” Liam said gesturing at Alice.

“I just wanted the Nandos…” He mumbled folding his arms over his chest pouting.

“Is that what you kids call it now-a-days?” Zayn says trying to scoot away from them. We all started laughing as Niall’s cheeks slowly turned to a bright pink color.

“My room is off limits!” Harry said holding up a hand.

“Same here! Louis said laughing. “Air five!!” Harry and Louis then both hit the air at the same time. I shook my head and looked back at the television.

I was okay with the movie really, well until the scene with the rocking chair rocked back and forth on its own. I knew right there that something scary was going to happen. So I adverted my attention to the other couch. Remy’s head was resting on Louis’ shoulder. It was actually a nice thing to do as a couple, even though Louis already had a girlfriend. It could have been a friendly gesture I guess. Everyone jumped a bit and when they did I noticed Niall reaching his arm around Alice and grabbed the bag off of Alice’s lap. She obviously noticed and bit his arm. Once her teeth were around his arm Niall dropped the bag quickly.

“OUCH!” He cried pulling his arm back to his chest to look at the damage.

“Oops, I thought it was a chicken wing. Let that be a lesson to ya. “She said pulling the brownie from the bag. Niall looked at her with tears in his eyes. Alice glanced over at him and sighed ripping off a piece of her brownie holding it out for him to take. Niall smiled a bit and took it from her wiping away his tears with his free hand.

“Thanks…” He said looking up at her with his innocent blue eyes.

“It won’t happen often…” She said smiling at him. “I’m not always this nice. I don’t like sharing food.”

Everyone turned to them and shushed them and turned back to the movie. I rested my head on Harry’s shoulder and ended up falling asleep.

“NOT THE CHILD!!!!!” Remy screamed. I instantly shot up from waking to freaked out Remy. I looked over at the television and see the kid and his dad die. I shrugged it off and put my head back on Harry’s shoulder. I heard the credit music start to play. I sat up straight and looked around.

“That was a nice movie actually…” Liam said stretching.

“Yeah… I actually jumped a bit during the movie.” Lou added.

“I’m bored already…” Zayn mumbled turning off the TV. “What are we doing tonight?”

“KARAOKE!!” Lou screamed throwing his arms up in the air.

“Don’t we sing enough Lou?” Liam groaned sinking lower into the couch.

“Daddy has a point you know…” Niall said looking over at Louis. Lou looked a bit upset that no one liked his idea.

“I love karaoke.” I said smiling at Lou. He looked over at me with one of the biggest smiles I have seen on his face since we got here.

“Don’t encourage him love.” Harry mumbled nudging me.

“No really. Haven’t you all gotten shit ass drunk and sang in front of people before?” Remy said laughing. Remy and I would know how much fun it is. We used to sing in front of everyone in our building when we were drunk. Our building was awesome. We always had the best parties.

“Like you would know Rem..” I said laughing remembering her and I singing Barbie Girl by Aqua one night.

“What are you thinking about Addie?” Rem giggled a bit.

“Barbie Girl.” I muttered pulling out my phone. There was a video on youtube of us. One of the people actually filmed us doing it without us knowing until it was actually up.

“Oh my god. I have the video saved to my phone!!” Remy squeaked pulling out her phone.

“I don’t want to watch the video. I want to see this in person!” Niall said laughing.

“YAY! Karaoke night!!” Lou screamed getting up running out of the room.

“Everyone meet at the Birdcage in an hour for some drinks in singing then.” Zayn stated standing up.

We all agreed and went our separate ways to get ready for tonight. Tonight was going to be fun hanging out with my friends while drinking, and singing ridiculous songs. What could possibly go wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea what will go wrong...
* * *
comment and subscribe!!
* * *
xx