Status: This is a rewrite. If you'd like me to rewrite it again (make a sequel) that is a higher rating with more of a Slash, let me know!

Orphan Boy

There's Nothing You Can Really Do...

"This is it, the last time I'm willing to put up with the bullshit of the people in this world. I'm good enough for any household, they just don't understand my potential." I sighed.
"..."
"Let me clear some things up, I'm not trying to be a totally prick about how people are with teenagers and I know you say I should probably get over it, but I seriously feel like I'm being pushed and pushed and pushed, it's normal to break after pressure, or at least I think it is." I moved forward on my seat placing my elbows on my knees and cupping my face.
"It is."
"Well then what the fuck is so wrong with me that no one wants me?!"
"..."
"I'm going to bed" I stood and slammed the door behind me.

~The Following Morning~
I heard Lindsey gently tap on my door. Lindsey was a volunteer at the orphanage, I think she was twenty two. I had laid awake all night thinking of what would happen today, I was scared. I didn't want to leave the children behind, the ones who looked up to me as one of the oldest. I knew Lyra would be upset if I left. I think deep down I just don't want to leave, because this has always been my home. Lindsey entered my room when she didn't hear me reply.
"Hey Madi, breakfast is ready, Lyra help make it. Shower then come out, then you can get in your good clothes and we'll wait until they get here, okay?" Lindsey smiled her usually worried smile.
"Yea, sure, whatever." I rolled over in bed contemplating my entire life, then slid off my bed and crawled to the bathroom to shower.
~~~~~
Lyra had made blueberry pancakes with Nicole and Lindsey. They were sweet and delicious, just as they should be.
"Mwaddy mwaddy!" Lyra called.
"Yes Princess?" I answered with a bow.
"Guyss what I pout in thwa pancwakes?"
"Hmmmm... the flour?"
"No silly" Lyra giggled with her sweet little smile.
"Okay, what? I give up" I smiled back.
"The b-blubrays!" she pronounced the word hesitantly.
"WOW! The blueberries? No wonder there are so many!" I laughed when she gave me a big grin.
I finished my plate and set it in the sink. Lyra followed me all the way to my room before she realized that she wouldn't be able to follow me anymore, so she turned around and looked for Nicole. I sauntered into my room and got into my 'interview: I'm a good child' clothes and tidied up my room before Lindsey finally called for me, and like the 'good child' I am, I listened and didn't miss a beat.
The meeting starts with awkward handshakes and smiles that look plastered, I hand the couple my folder and tell them a few things about myself that isn't in my files.
"So, Madison, you seem rather prepared. On estimate, how many times have you been considered?" the man looks at me with his smug little rich boy face and pushing up his glasses.
"274 times... sir" I say with a little bitterness in my voice.
"Oh, why so many?" the woman asks looking slightly confused and when she sees the look on my face she adds in, "I mean, your file is wonderful and you're so handsome, and it would seem to me you're also good with children. I think you're lovely" her smile never fades, if anything it grows sweeter. At this point I want to leave.
"People think they can handle teenagers and so when I tell them what to expect they yell and scream and threaten assault when all I did was tell the truth" I smirk slightly, feeling a bit cocky.
"That seems a little over dramatic and inappropriate if you ask me" the man removes his spectacles and hands me a five sheets of paper. "I guess now it's just up to you now Madison."
I looked from the papers to him and then back again, "What?"
"We're very impressed with you and wish to have you in our home until you feel you wish to move out," he chews on the legs of his glasses and hands me a pen. I read for a long time not missing a single word. When I get to the last page I see sub-topics and bullets lining underneath them. The first sub-topic says Perks. I read the bullets underneath and spin the pen between my fingers.
- Continuance in current school and all or any after-school programs.
- Free visitation to the Orphanage whenever desired.
- Free purchase of any item that would make you feel more comfortable in your new environment.
- Free car service when desired.
The list went on filling half the page, but I decided it wasn't important and grabbed the transfer papers feeling disappointed in myself. I read over it and signed in several places. The meeting ends with that so I stand and leave the room to head to my safe zone.
When I enter my room I quickly undress and fall onto my bed only wearing my PAC-man boxers. I've been here long enough to know that all new parents will stop by later to pick up there new child/children so that they have time to pack and say good-bye to their friends. I got out four differently sized suitcases and started stuffing clothes into the largest one, leaving a set for me to wear later. I guess this really was it.. this was my last day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm going to stop it there because I really super-duper need to finish my English and it's already 11:11PM so I'll probably write some more tomorrow. I hope it's not to confusing, if it is leave a comment and I'll explain.
P.S The person Madison was talking to in the very beginning was his counsellor.

Notice any errors or something that doesn't look right? LET ME KNOW! I WILL FIX IT!

Stay creepin' ;) The way you clean your room is astounding... I'm sure we could all learn. ;3