Bittersweet

Too ***ing Beautiful

Why in the hell am I going? It’s not like he is going to notice that I am there she bitterly thought.

But then she thought about the boys, her boys. She hasn’t seen the band in such a long time; she missed Jesse, James, Matt and Michael. Especially Jesse since she grew up with him as well; smacking her supple pink lips together the light gloss that coated her lips were spread out evenly. Georgie never like to dress up for these types of occasions since they were going to some small bar.

It supposed to be casual.

Tch, she didn’t have time to run home as she drove to their destination in her black pencil skirt that shoved her curves, white blouse and the black blazer that accompanied with her attire. To add to her professionalism her hair was tightly wrapped in a nice bun.

Georgie already knew she was going to get teased by having her work clothes still on and didn’t bring a pair of clothes but right now she had no one to impress. Not this Anne woman, it’s not like she’s important. Oh wait, yes she is, she grumbled. She is Adam’s new girlfriend. The young woman wanted to roll her eyes at the title, not to be mean but it has been a pretty long time since Adam has had a girlfriend that last more than a week.

As she smoothly parked in front of the small bar that they told her about, she furrowed her brows as she walked across the street as her heels clicked on the concrete. Her heels have been pinching her feet all day and she could feel the blisters rub on the inside of the shoe.

She winced at the sensitive skin as she walked down the stairs to the entry way, scanning around as she walked in, her brown eyes darted around until she saw her. “Georgie!” her brown orbs found the sandy blond man standing up, waving her over. A smirk fell on her lips as she inched closer to the group as she said, “I see that you still haven’t gotten rid of that red monster you call facial hair”

Jesse rolled his eyes, “Missed you too”

He pulled her in, “How has it been and don’t tell me that there has been nothing going on because I haven’t seen you in months. Spill”

Georgie scoffed, “I swear sometimes I feel like I am talking to a gay man instead of my best friend. I’m doing fine and nothing has been happening. I get cases and I win some and I lose some” crossing her legs as Jesse rolled his eyes as he leaned in from the booth that they sat in.

“Where are the rest of the guys? I thought they would be here way before I came along” her soft brown eyes looked around the small bar not finding Michael, Matt, or James anywhere in this place. Jesse looked around as he muttered something under his breath but she didn’t catch it. “What did y-” she was cut off as a few guys hollered out her embarrassing nickname they came up with.

“Orgie! You came!” James laughed at the pun as he slid into the booth wrapping an arm around Georgie as she blushed red.

As his alcoholic breath hit her face she gagged as she grabbed her purse, “Nice to see you too James. Here, take this” holding out a piece of gum to his face. He refused the piece which she rolled her eyes, peeling the wrapper off the piece of gum before shoving it in his mouth, “Trust me, you are going to need it. Why are you drunk anyways?”

“Long story” Michael glanced at his friend “He couldn’t wait for you guys to arrive and he didn’t think you would show”

Well that hurt.

Georgie knew she has been a flake since early this year but she was going to change it…only because Adam was breathing down her neck more. “So” she cleared her throat as James put his head on her shoulder, it was a comical sight since he had to lean all the way down to where he had to lay down so he can reach her shoulder since she was so short. “Anyone of you met Anne yet?”

Everyone gave each other glances as it clicked in her brain, “You’ve got to be kidding me? Do you mean I am the only one that hasn’t met her yet?” she groaned.

“It’s not our fault, we met her the first day he met her” Matt reasoned “Then she started coming around more after things started to get serious” Serious? Georgie didn’t think it would be that serious but the way the guys were looking at her was telling her that it was that serious. She sighed as she gnawed on her bottom lip.

“Where did you meet her?” curiosity hit her in waves, wondering if this woman was good enough for her best friend.

“Vegas, but she is really nice once you get to know her” Jesse came in suddenly as his eyes met with Georgie’s. He could see the uncertainty in her eyes as he muttered, “Be nice”

“Why?” she asked with a bit of attitude. Then she saw why. Anne and Adam were heading this way, Georgie frowned when she got a little view of the woman beside him. Her mind went blank waiting for her to come closer because she didn’t want to be judgmental, she started to think of other things so she wouldn’t come off as rude.

“Hey guys” Adam greeted everyone before his hazel eyes looked at his best friend, “Georgie, this is my girlfriend Anne. Anne this is one of my best friends, Georgie”

Georgie stared at the green eyes of the woman in front of her seeing the bright pink lips stretch out into a smile, stretching her hand out, “So nice to finally meet you. I have heard so much about you Georgie” Georgie stared at the small hand that was reaching out towards her, she can feel everyone staring at her hoping that she didn’t do anything wrong.

Pulling her lips into a smile, she took her hand gracefully, “Nice to meet you too”

Anne and Adam took a seat across from Georgie as they slid in, ordering their drinks Adam started the conversation, “G, what is up with the hair? I never see you like that before”

“Yeah, let loose” James slurred as he yanked her hair tie that released her curls that cascaded down her shoulders. Georgie rolled her eyes, “I didn’t have time to go home and change so I just headed here”

“I think you look lovely, hair up, hair down, you still look pretty. What is it that you do?” Anne questioned. Georgie was taken aback at this blond was wanted to know about her, she was pretty skeptical about this woman. She was the exact type that Adam would go for, the long blond shiny hair that flowed down her back, the vibrant green eyes that sparkled in any kind of lighting, and the tall lean feminine body that could go on for miles.

Georgie knew she was pretty but Anne…she was beautiful. Too fucking beautiful. Anne was the epitome of beautiful, she knew that if there was a picture of beauty Anne would be the perfect choice to have her picture in the smack dab middle of the definition.

“I’m, uh, a lawyer” she stumbled.

Anne nodded, honestly interested as she fired another question, “What is your specialty if you don’t mind me asking?”

I do mind

“Domestic violence” the blond gave her a look of appreciation, “It must be draining work to be surrounded by those types of people all the time. Was there anything that driven to you become a domestic lawyer?” Georgie stiffened, she rather not talk about this, not at this moment. She barely knew the woman.

“I rather not talk about that” she bluntly said as she picked at her nails. Her mood was quickly turned into a sour one; despite Anne not only being beautiful but nosy as well wasn’t working for her. The blond did look interested in her work which she didn’t get that often, once she asked what she specialized in, people just jumped to another topic.

“I’m sorry if I stepped over the line. It wasn’t in my place-”

“It wasn’t” Georgie snapped.

“Georgie” Adam gave her a look telling her to be nice as he wrapped an arm around his girlfriend, the shorter woman rolled her eyes as she muttered an apology. It wasn’t heart felt but Anne accepted it regardless. To ease the tension, Georgie asked a simple question of her profession, not like she actually cared but if she could get this woman to talk she knew she would be off the hook for the night.

“I’m a model”

Oh dear Lord

“Really?” Georgie feigned interest, “What kind of work do you do?”

Anne smiled as she answered, “I have been in Sport’s Illustrated covers for quite some time and have been on a few shows for Victoria Secret” Okay, not only is she a model but she is a Victoria Secret model? Someone shoot her now. Georgie nodded, “Must be weird flaunting your stuff in lingerie”

The blond laughed as she shook her head, “I am pretty comfortable in my skin”

The brunette could see that her circle of friends gave her disapproving looks knowing that she was being a bitch towards the model. Anne didn’t know the tendencies she did so it was less obvious to the woman and thought she was actually interested in what she had to say. “Georgie, why don’t you help me get refills?” Adam asked.

Georgie frowned, “I wanna stay here and learn more about Anne. She’s fun to talk to” giving a smile towards the blond who smiled back, happy that she was in good graces with the older woman. Adam gave her a look as she sighed, “We’ll talk when I come back”

“Okay” Anne smiled brightly as she turned to the guys, “So how is everything going with you guys?”

Georgie followed Adam towards the bar but he did a quick turn to the corner, grabbing her by the shoulders in surprise he pushed her against the wall as he hissed, “What the fuck was that about?”

“What are you talking about?”

The hazel eyes burned into her as he narrowed her eyes, “Don’t play stupid with me. We all knew you were screwing with her head, why are you acting like this? Anne is a sweet girl and she shouldn’t be toyed with”

Georgie scoffed, “I doubt I hurt her feelings, Adam. She doesn’t have a clue”

“That’s because she doesn’t know you”

“Why did you want me to meet her so badly? She’s nothing special-”

Adam gave an angry sigh as he threw his hands up in the air, “This is why I didn’t want to introduce you to her! After Jane you have been so protective of me, I get it, Jane was a bitch since day one but this is different. Why don’t you see that and just be my friend, be supportive for once in your God damn life!”

Brown met hazel as they glared at one another, Georgie’s nostrils flared, she wasn’t about to back down and neither was Adam. Both stubborn, they weren’t going to just throw in the towel, “She is no good for you”

“You don’t know a thing about her”

“I know enough to know that you could do better”

Adam laughed bitterly as he rubbed his eyes, “Whatever you say. I don’t care what you think about Anne because I am going to be with her whether you like it or not. If you want to continue to join us then you will have to be nice to her and not that fake shit that you pull every time you dislike someone”

“Then you want me to be honest? I don’t think you want that” Georgie challenged him.

“You know what, if you can’t be sincerely nice to her then I don’t want you around her right now until you cool down. So you can walk back and be the awesome person that I know you are or you can the girl that ruins the whole night for everyone especially the guys since they have been looking forward to seeing you” Adam was using the guilt trip card.

It was working.

“You’re a fucking bastard, I hope you know that” she hissed as she stomped off towards the table. As she inched closer to the table she put on a smile as she slid into the booth, “Sorry it took so long, Adam didn’t know what he wanted” giving her best friend a look.

The boys groaned as they bantered about Adam making decisions harder for himself, they continued to tease him as she smiled softly at her friends. To avoid being a bitch to Anne, she try to focus on her friends and when Anne would try to grab her attention she tried to refrain from making snappy comments as she answered as calmly as possible.

This wasn’t worth losing a friend over.

Anne wasn’t worth that fight. Georgie knew that Anne wasn’t the one for Adam but she should take his advice for once and just support him. Being a friend was sticking to someone even if you know they are going down the wrong path, through right and wrong, thick and thin, they have always been together and something as petty as this shouldn’t tear them apart.

Besides, how much is she going to see Anne? She thought to herself.

It’s not like she was going to spend a day with her alone or anything…
♠ ♠ ♠
Georgie finally met Anne, man that would have been so awkward if I was in her position XD
Also I heard about Adam and Anne breaking up in real life, they looked so happy together, so sad really. Looks like Adam wanted a change and got a hair cut, looking good Adam :D

Anyways thanks for the comments

Synful Shadows (I think its hilarious too, they are way too easy to write about. Adam and Georgie will have lots of sweet moments, they are really close if you can tell so there will be tender moments. I think anyone would have been pissed if it would have gone just as quickly since well, it's Adam haha wouldn't mind waking up to that. You are right, G, didn't like Anne too much she is overprotective, yeah?)

SynZacky6661 (In my opinion I don't think Georgie likes Adam in that way yet. It is going to take a while and they are just close that's all. Friends are protective after they have been hurt once and they just want to keep them from harm, that's what G has been doing. Always her fiery temper always flares so you can't really tell if she has feelings or not, it's how she is lol)