Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Eleven

I groaned as I felt someone shake my shoulder lightly. I sat up and looked around to see that everyone in class was staring at me.

"Huh? What? What's going on?" I asked in a very heavy and confused voice.

I looked up to see that Mr. Reed was standing beside my desk with his hands on his hips, looking very menacing.

He sighed before speaking, shaking his head as well.
"Ver, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't fall asleep during my class."

"Oh, I'm sorry... I just-" I tried telling him that I had stayed up all night, wondering about my family and my stupid "destiny" or whatever the heck my uncle was talking about.

"Save it." He put his hand up, causing me to stop talking.
"I'm sorry, but you've disrupted my class too many times this year so far, Ver. I'm afraid that I have to give you a detention after school today."

My mouth opened to let me object, but no matter how hard I tried, no words of protest would come out. But instead my mouth formed:

"Fine, I understand. I was out of line, and I deserve to be punished."

He nodded at my answer before he continued the lesson, writing notes on the dry-erase board.

At that moment, I silently slammed my head into my desk multiple times.

Stupid fucking mouth. Why the hell won't you let me argue with him?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class ended without anymore incidents, and I grudgingly made my way from my locker back to Mr. Reed's room to serve my detention with him.

As I arrived, I noticed that no other students were in the room, so I seated myself at a desk that looked to be front and center.

Why is it that I'm the only one who gets detention from Mr. Reed? Seriously...

I sighed heavily, resting my chin in my hand as Mr. Reed walked in, apologizing for not being here earlier.

I rolled my eyes, then grabbed a book from my backpack and began reading it, since I had no other schoolwork to finish.

"Shouldn't you be working on your homework?" Mr. Reed questioned me as he was reclining in his chair, resting his feet upon his desk in a casual position.

"I don't have any homework." I spoke to him without removing my gaze from my book.

"Hmm... I can change that." He spoke in an arrogant tone, making me cringe slightly.

I chuckled humorlessly. "Haha, very funny. I don't need any homework, thank you."
My voice was without emotion, except for my usual sarcasm.

"Well, if you're just going to be sitting there for the next hour and a half, then I might as well put you to work."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Reed had practically blackmailed me with my grade, so I was now stuck organizing his supply room that was connected to his classroom by the heavily postered door near his desk.

I had been assigned the job of arranging his large array of books alphabetically by last name.

The hard part wasn't organizing them, now that was easy.

The hard part was the challenge of my short arms reaching up to place books on the higher shelves.

I grunted in frustration as my attempt to place a copy of Moby Dick onto the top shelf, failed epicly.

I felt my face involuntarily form into a pout as I crossed my arms in front of me, contemplating on what I should do.

"Need some help?" I looked over to see Mr. Reed leaning up against the door frame, looking at me sceptically.

I sighed heavily. "Maybe." I mumbled under my breath as I returned my gaze to stare at the daunting height of the top shelf.

He chuckled before taking the book out of my hand and swiftly placing the book in its proper spot, before turning back to me with a small smirk on his face.

"That's not fair! You're like five feet taller than me!" I pouted once more, looking down at my feet in frustration.

He chuckled again, then pulled up his sleeves and used his index finger to lift my chin to look at him. He crouched down a little, so he was just slightly taller than myself.

"I'm not five feet taller than you, Ver. And there's nothing wrong with being short. I find it rather... attractive when a woman is petite, rather than tall and leggy. Your height is very becoming to you, Ver. You're beautiful just the way you are. Don't try and change who you are." At first, his voice held a bit of amusement, but became softer and more sincere as he spoke.

His hand came to rest on the side of my face, his thumb lightly brushing over my lips as he stared intently at me.

My face began heating up intensely before my eyes locked on his lips. My heart was beating so quickly that it almost hurt. My eyes closed as I savored the feeling of his skin on my own.

"Ver." Mr. Reed breathed out my name, causing his hot breath to land on my lips, letting me know that he was now a lot closer than he had been before.

I felt myself leaning towards him before I could sense his face hovering right in front of my own.

At that moment, I realized what was happening and I quickly opened my eyes.

"M-mr. R-reed?" I stuttered out, my eyebrows coming together.

He opened his eyes to see my confused face, but instead of removing his hand from my face, or backing up like I had thought he would have done, he just smiled at me.

Dizziness came over me, making me aware that I was going to have another vision.

My vision flickered in and out as I struggled to keep consciousness. I felt my hands start shaking and my breathing become heavier.

As the blackness began seeping into my sight, I felt Mr. Reed lift me up in a bridal type fashion and place a gentle kiss on my forehead, then whisper into my ear:

"Don't worry, you'll always be safe with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY UPDATE!!!
What did you guys think?
Why did Mr. Reed give her a detention?
Do you think that Ver and Mr. Reed should have kissed?
Did Ver do the right thing by not kissing Mr. Reed?
Why did Ver get a vision at that moment?
What did Mr. Reed mean by "Don't worry, you'll always be safe with me."?
LET ME KNOW IN A COMMENT!! COMMENTERS ROCK MY SOCKS! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!