Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Four

I could feel my stomach turning as the bell rang, releasing all my lucky classmates (including Missy, who gave me a motherly type look before slipping out of the classroom), leaving me to the mercy of Mr. Reed.

Mr. Reed was busy at the front of the room, erasing the random drawings that some students had made earlier in the day from his dry-erase board as I waited patiently for him to finish his work.

I remained in my seat, fidgeting nervously every few seconds, crossing and uncrossing my legs in a fashion that must have looked strange to anyone if they had been looking. I soon found myself looking around the room, at pretty much everything and everywhere but where my new English teacher was seated.

My nervousness was definitely showing through my posture (which was very uncomfortable, considering that my back was as stiff as a board against the back of chair), my face (the feeling of heat was present in my cheeks, making me realize that my face was probably as red as a maraschino cherry), and my hands (that were shaking uncontrollably as I was constantly cracking my fingers which had become a new habit of mine).

"Ver?" My head quickly snapped to look in his direction, my eyes widening slightly in worry.
"Could you please come over here and sit in a desk nearer to my own, or just stand in front of my desk if you prefer not to sit?" He asked, sounding less stern than he had earlier, but his voice still held a tinge of authority.

Feeling a lot less brave than I had during class, my feet swiftly carried me over to stand in front of his desk, not being able to sit still in one of the small desks.

"Ver, do you know why I asked you to stay after class today?" He questioned, leaning back slightly in his chair, weaving his fingers together on the organized desk in front of him.

"Well... I understand that you don't tolerate swearing, which I assure you, I will work on. And... uhh... I just don't have any secrets... I mean... It's not like we're being graded on what we said, right? So it doesn't really matter if I have a secret or not... right? Am I right? It seems right..."
I trailed off, unsure of myself under his judging gaze.

"I asked you to stay after class because you did not share something with your classmates, when everyone else had to participate. It's not fair to the other students that you did not share. I feel that a punishment, or an extra assignment would suffice for the unfairness of this incident." Professionalism seemed to radiate from him as his hands moved with his words.

But my amusement was soon over as I analyzed what he had actually said.

"Not fair? Not fair?! It was a stupid activity! It wasn't even productive or an assignment for that matter! Why the hell should I have to do extra homework when the only thing I did was not tell a secret that I have?" With every word, my anger grew, which ended up in me leaning over his desk, poking him in the chest harshly.

"What if the only secret I have is insanely personal or embarassing?! Huh?! What am I supposed to do then? Just let every fricken asshole go and spread it around?! Then everyone around school would be whispering 'Oh my god! Ver has fantasies about Mist..Mister..." I stopped suddenly, muttering "Holy shit.." under my breath, desperately hoping he hadn't been listening too closely during my outburst.

"Hmm? What was that last thing you said? Something about... fantasies?" He spoke in such a low tone that his words came out with a slight hum.

A moment later, I was struggling to get the words out of my mouth as Mr. Reed had stood up, walking around me in a circle like a vulture.

"Come on, Ver. Tell me what you were going to say... I know what it was about... Just say it for me... Just... say it..." He seemed to groan and growl, getting flustered in a way my visions had made me yearning for.

"You're having... fantasies... Mmm..." His presence was evident behind me when I felt his warm breath hit my neck, as he moaned out his words. A chill ran up my spine and quiet gasp slipped off my lips.

My eyes fluttered, suddenly feeling very tired. An overly heavy presence seemed to be resting over my body as I felt myself drifting off. I closed my eyes tightly, then opened them again to see nothing but blackness, scaring me momentarily.

A moment or two later, I was seated on the hood of an old muscle car, staring out at a beautiful sunset. I looked around to see that the car was parked on a cliffside overlooking a city that I had never seen before.

The frantic thoughts I was having before had vanished, replaced with thoughts of comfort and safety suddenly, as I felt my body being wrapped in an embrace from behind. Instead of jumping up and running away like I would have usually done if someone had done that to me, a relaxed feeling rushed through me before I leaned back into the person.

The two arms comfortably resting around my waist were strong and as I examined them closer, a tattoo was visible on the crook of this man's elbow. The tattoo was a very small but intricate dragonfly with multiple shades of blue and green. It was truly beautiful.

Soon, I felt his gentle fingers running over my left arm in the crook of my elbow.
"Yours will be reality as well, as soon as you are completely mine."

And with that message, I woke up to the nurse flashing a light in my eyes.
"Are you okay, deary? You fainted just a few moments ago." She spoke in a soft voice, smoothing my hair back. I looked at her in confusion, then struggled to get up, before she shook her head at me, and layed me back down.

She chuckled lightly, then spoke again.
"You're lucky Mr. Reed was there to catch you before you fell and hurt yourself."

Yeah... Really lucky...
♠ ♠ ♠
Update again!!
Let me know what you guys think!! COMMENT!
Maybe Ver needs to control her temper a little better...
Maybe Mr. Reed needs to tone it down a bit...
Maybe the nurse needs to get a clue...
What do you think should happen?
What do you think is going to happen? Hmm?
LET ME KNOW!
THANKS FOR READING!! :D
<3 Bri