Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Eight

I found myself taking in very deep breaths as Missy and I neared Mr. Reed's classroom for English class the next day. Missy squeezed my shoulder and smiled lightly at me.
"Just don't think or worry about it."

I smiled gratefully back at her before we entered the room, quickly making our way to our seats.

As soon as I sat down, I rolled my head around, desperately trying to relieve some stress from my stiff neck.

"You okay?" Missy must have noticed my actions because she was looking at me with a worried expression.

I eyed her for a moment, then raised one of my eyebrows at her and glared.

"Okay..." She raised her hands in front of her in mock surrender. "I was just asking."

I rolled my eyes at her before facing the front of the room and sighing as the bell rang. Mr. Reed rose from his desk chair and smiled slightly as his eyes raked over the classroom of students.

"Did you guys enjoy the study hall we had yesterday?" Many of the students in the room nodded their heads or mumbled a quiet "yes" or "yeah."

"Well, we're going to be doing something like that today. But I'm going to give you a worksheet that's due at the end of the hour, once you finish, you can do whatever you want. But, if you don't hand it in until tomorrow, you'll only get half credit." He went down each row of desks with a pile of paper, handing a worksheet to each person as he passed them.

Missy avoided looking at him as he placed a paper on the desk in front of her. She glanced at me when he neared my desk, so I gave her a wary look before reclining back in my chair in a casual position.

When he reached my desk, I impatiently stretched my hand out to him to retrieve my worksheet.

Instead of just handing me the worksheet, he took his time to tap me on the shoulder, signaling to me that I should sit up straight. A chill ran up my spine, causing me to sit up straight, to which he smirked lightly.

He slowly layed the worksheet down on my desk, but not without discretely laying his hand over my own. I could feel the blush instantly start on my face at the touch of his skin against my own.

After sending a bright smile my way, he continued handing out worksheets to the other students in the room. My face got increasingly hotter after he moved around the rest of the room, glancing at me every once in a while.

I averted my gaze to the worksheet in front of me, noticing that on top in big letters was: JULIUS CAESAR RESPONSE.

I quickly glanced at the few questions, realizing that each one basically asked how you felt about certain events that happened in the play. The only way you could fail this worksheet is if you didn't do it, or you wrote one word answers for each question.

I finished the worksheet in about 10 or 15 minutes.
As I wrote the last few words on the piece of paper, I noticed that there was something written in red ink at the bottom.

The writing was so small that I had to squint, but in very neat handwriting, it clearly said:
Meet me here at five. Don't be late.

After staring at those eight words for almost an eternity, I turned my head to look in the direction of Mr. Reed's desk. Strangely enough, he looked up at me at the exact same moment. A puzzled look came upon my face as I pointed to my worksheet, and motioned to him.

He smirked and winked at me before mouthing "See you then" and getting back to whatever work he was doing on his desk.

My chest tightened and my stomach felt as if it were full of butterflies. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, calming myself down as I patiently waited for Missy to finish her worksheet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Missy took a lot longer than I did, finishing about five minutes before class ended.

I caught a glimpse of her paper and saw that there was barely any empty white space available after she was done with it.

She's obsessed with Shakespeare...

She turned to me, eyeing me slightly before speaking.
"You okay?" She then leaned closer to me, whispering. "Did you get any visions? Did anything weird happen?"

"I'm fine. Nothing happened." I spoke shortly, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh, okay. That's good. Maybe it'll stop because you're not worrying about it anymore." Missy reasoned.

"I don't know." I mumbled as I found myself cracking my knuckles, a nervous habit of mine.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that Mr. Reed had asked me to meet him after school. I just didn't want her to get freaked out or tell me that it's a bad idea. She'd probably tell someone that he was sexually harassing me or something, even though she has no proof and he hasn't sexually harassed me... Well, at least not in reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of going home and relaxing for a while after school, my high anxiety resulted in me sitting in my car with the radio playing for less than two hours until it was a few minutes before five o' clock.

My feet carried me through the halls of an empty school, until I was standing in front of Mr. Reed's closed classroom door. My shaking fist slowly made it up to the door to softly knock twice on the door.

"Come in, Ver." His voice sounded especially velvety and rich, beckoning me to open the door.

I stepped in, seeing that he was seated at his desk chair. As I neared him, I noticed that the vest he was wearing was unbuttoned all the way, his button-up was opened a little less than half way, and his tie was hanging loosely from the collar of his shirt.

Oh. My. God.

"Now, I don't want to beat around the bush, so Ver, take a seat wherever you would like. I would definitely recommend you sitting down for this piece of news I'll be giving you." He spoke in his more professional sounding voice, which told me that he meant business, so I took the seat closest to his desk.

"What do you have to tell me? Is it bad?" I asked, worry evident in my voice as I was practically jumping out of the desk.

"Now, Ver, calm down. I'd just like to discuss something with you for a moment." I quieted down, waiting for him to continue.

"Yesterday, I found something in my classroom that intrigued me very much. I believe it belongs to you..." As he spoke, he rose from his desk with a piece of paper in his hands and then set it on the desk in front of me.

My eyes widened and gulped audibly as I stared at the daunting piece of paper in front of me.

Why the hell didn't I throw that away?!

Sitting in front of me was the long explanation about Mr. Reed that I had written to Missy during his class yesterday.

I'm fucking screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
ANOTHER UPDATE!!
Remember to read Chapter 5, 6, and 7 before this one...
It seems when I update in the same day, people miss chapters.
So make sure you don't miss any chapters!!
What did you think?
Is Missy going to worry too much now that she knows?
Will Ver ever tell Missy the whole truth?
Do you think Ver did the right thing by meeting Mr. Reed? Or should she have just went home?
What do you think Mr. Reed is going to say?
LET ME KNOW WITH A COMMENT! THANKS FOR READING!!!
<3 Bri