Status: Active like your sex life ;)

Here's The Words That Tell The Truth, When It's Easier To Lie.

Brylee

I stand there in the empty space that I once call a room. Every poster gone and everything put in boxes that were stacked in the moving van outside. I couldn’t help but sigh at the sight of this disaster. There were so many memories in this room. I guess I’ll just have to start new ones in Arizona.

I grab the last thing out of the room, which was my phone charger, since my phone had been charging and go downstairs to leave. I make sure to use the bathroom before we made our 2,000 mile journey. I always had the tendency to have to pee a million times on long trips.

“You ready?” asks my dad throwing on his jacket.

“Yeah” I reply putting mine on as well.

We make our way outside into the cool Ohio breeze; I was bracing myself for the hot humid air in Arizona. I put the last of the boxes in the back before getting into the Uhal. I prop my feet up on the dashboard and dig through my pockets for my IPod. I take in the surroundings as I watch out the window watching everything I’ve ever known pass me by. I was going to miss Ohio.

The thoughts of moving ran through my head, new friends, new school, new step mom. Everything seemed so weird to me. I never really thought of having a new mom, I mean mine isn’t much of a mom but still a new and improved mom? That should be exciting, right? But for some odd reason, it wasn’t.

I was broken for my thoughts by the driver side door slamming shut. “You wanted anything while I’m in there?” asks my dad through the rolled down window. I could barely comprehend from the headphones lodged into my ears.

I pull the head phones out and shake my head. My dad turns and walks away into the gas station. I put the head phones back in. I look over at the GPS that set firmly on the dashboard. It read 1,890 miles to go and like 10 more hours…..great…..this was going to be longer than I wanted it to be.

“Would you look at that” says my dad as he gets back into the car. “10 more hours to go”.

I rip the phones out once more and shove them and the IPod into my pocket, I give up. “Yeah, I see that” I reply.

“Are you sure you aren’t hungry or anything?” he asks.

“No” I reply. My stomach said otherwise.

“Okay but we’ll stop here later, just in case you change your mind” he says as we pull out back onto the road. “So, you think you’re going to like Arizona?”

No.

“I guess, maybe” I reply.

“I think you will” he chuckles.

You’re dead wrong.

“Hm, maybe”

“I think you’ll like Tammy, too” he continues.

“Tammy? Is that the new wife?” I ask. Probably coming off more sarcasimly then I thought.
“No Brylee” my dad spat. “She is the girlfriend thank you”.

Don’t say you’re welcome. Don’t say you’re welcome.

“Oh”
.
“And I expect full respect when we get down here” He lectures. “This is our new home and I don’t want drama all the time”.

“Okay dad”.

“I heard the high school was good, too” he continued.

“Really?” I asked, trying to pretend I cared.

“You might actually pass this year” he joked.

Funny.

“Yeah, maybe” I reply.

“But all joking aside I think you’ll be okay”.

I sure hope so.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update :d Would have been longer but my friend is bothering me....Next chapter will be longer :D Promise.