Status: Active like your sex life ;)

Here's The Words That Tell The Truth, When It's Easier To Lie.

Brylee

I stared blankly out the window at my new unfamiliar surroundings. We were just about 45 minutes outside of Scottsdale. I was just happy to be able to get out of the car. We stopped probably about 3 more times before finally pulling up to the new house.
A tall thin brown headed woman stood in the door way with a huge smile spread across her face; I was guessing this was the girlfriend. My dad got out and ran to her pilling her into a hug and kissing her on the forehead.

The house was big, yellow, and in one of those fancy housing complexes. It was definitely bigger than what my house was. The yard was perfectly cut with flowers and trees planted throughout the yard. It had the stereotype white picket fence around it, it was your typical better homes and gardening house.

“Brylee!” yells my dad from the porch “Come meet Tammy!”

I roll my eyes and get out of the car, shoving my IPod into my pocket as I shuffle myself up to where they were.

“Brylee, this is Tammy” introduces my dad.

“Hi” I replied quickly

“Hello Brylee” she beamed “That’s an interesting name”

It’s just a name.

“Thanks” I reply starring off into space.

“Well should we?” asks Tammy, ushering her hand towards the door.

My dad takes her hand and walks into the house. I follow behind.

The inside of the house was big as well. It was clean and very well organized. It was hard to believe another teenage boy lived there. I mean we are boys; we aren’t usually neat and clean. Obviously.

A loud timer noise had gone off in the kitchen. “The chicken must be done” said Tammy as her and my dad went to the kitchen, I again followed behind.

“That damn boy” mumbles Tammy.

“What?” chuckles my dad.

“My son” she replied as she set the hot chicken on the counter “It’s already 7 and he’s not home”

“That’s okay” says my dad pulling her into him.

Old people showing affection is gross.

“I know, but it would have been nice for him to have been home when I told him too”

“Well we can wait for him” replies my dad.

“No” Tammy says setting all the stuff on the table “He can just warm it up when he decides to come home.”

We all go to the table and take a seat. The food looked good, but I couldn’t ignore the fact that this was an awkward as fuck dinner, it’d become even more awkward after her son comes home.

“So Brylee” says Tammy making her plate “How did you like the trip here?”

“Long” I reply.

“Must have been pretty driving down here” she chuckles

“I guess”

“Brylee” mumbles my dad giving me the look.

“What?”

“You know what” he scolds.

“What grade are you?” asks Tammy, trying to break the tension of my dad and I.

“Senior” I reply taking a bite of mashed potatoes.

“So isn’t Kennedy” she laughs. “That’s a good thing”

Kennedy. It had a name.

Before Tammy could ask me anymore questions the door slammed open to a tall thin brunette boy. He looked out of breath and had the look of sorry on his face. He kicked off his shoes and ran over to the table taking a seat.

“I’m sorry mom” he says making him a plate.

“We’ll talk about this later” says Tammy, she looked rather mad.

Kennedy looked over at me giving me a look, like he was studying me. It made me feel awkward and I just looked down at my food and kept eating. What had my dad gotten me into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well its been awhile, 6 months to be exact, haha. I might start updating this more, since my 3rd period is boring as shit, so yeah, heres this. comment/subscribe and stuff (: