Status: In progress. Updates when I get the chance.

Cross My Heart

But Normal Would Be Boring

It took me about fifteen minutes to shower. Since I was already keeping Josh waiting, I didn’t bother trying to pick out something to wear. I threw back on my PJ pants and a black shirt.
When we arrived at Josh’s studio the guys were already there. Matt gave me the biggest bear hug I had ever received, and I was properly introduced to Mike, and re-introduced to Ian. They both seemed like really nice guys but I wasn’t really in a talking mood.
Josh wasn’t kidding when he said they had work to do. They dove right in, leaving me with nothing to do.
Desperate, I stole Josh’s phone off its unattended spot on a table and curled up on the couch.
I could hear the boys in the other room with the recording booth, but was happy they were too busy to really bother me.
It didn’t take long to figure out Josh’s phone, so I pretty much spend about three hours googling things I didn’t need to google. Kittens, bunnies, rainbows, and Marianas Trench. I saved a bunch of pictures onto Josh’s phone and put embarrassing ones as his back ground. I was having fun fucking shit up, and being left alone for a bit had brought my spirits up.
So I decided to fuck up some more shit.
Two plans. Had to be done in perfect order.
1st, I opened Josh’s twitter app and laughed at his stupidity to find him logged on. I tweeted a picture of myself sticking my tongue out with the caption “Maybe you should log of twitter, Ramsay.”
My next joke, I flipped through Josh’s contacts, selecting Matt, Mike, and Ian, and texting each of them a different picture of a kitten drinking milk.
I shoved the phone down my bra and waited.
About thirty seconds later, I heard Mike. “Uh…Josh?”
“Working.” Josh said. “Go away.”
“I just got a text from your phone…it’s a picture of a kitten…” Mike laughed.
“I got it to.” Matt said.
“Me three.” Ian.
“Awe look, they’re different kittens.” Mike.
“What the fuck?” Josh. I was holding back laughter now. I felt like I might explode with it. “Where is my phone?” I heard the ruffling of papers and a couple empty cans fall over.
“Better question: Where’s Phoenix?” Matt said. “I’m guessing it you find one you’ll find the other.”
“GOD DAMMIT PHOENIX!” Josh yelled. I couldn’t help it then, I burst out laughing. Falling off the couch and kicking the air, holding my gut because it felt like it was going to explode.
I heard Josh’s footsteps as he made his way down the hall to where he could obviously hear me laughing.
JOSH’S POV
She was lying on the floor laughing like a crazy person. This beautiful girl I could call mine again.
She was so different on the outside. Back in high school, in a situation like this, I would have immediately picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. Now I was afraid I’d break her. She had gotten so tiny. She had always been small, but now she was tiny.
I will admit, I liked her better when she was an average weight, but I still loved every inch of her. I liked her better that way because she was healthy. This was not healthy.
I hesitated. Terrified I’d hurt her. But I decided against it. I probably wouldn’t. She still had the same pain threshold as before.
“Little bitch.” I laughed, picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder.
“Ah! Let me down!” She screamed, still laughing. She started pounding her fists on my back. I knew she couldn’t be that angry, because she was still laughing.
“I found it.” I said as I walked back into the room overlooking the recording booth. I dumped Phoenix onto the couch beside Mike. “Entertain that.” I told him.
“Hey Mike, what’s up?” Phoenix immediately turned to him. “Did you hear? Josh became a dick head!”
“Oh shut up.” I laughed and smiled at her.
“Yeah, I did hear!” Mike played along. “I also heard the doctors can’t do anything about it.” He lowered his voice.
“Oh I know.” Phoenix replied. “It’s so sad, when things like this happen to people you know.”
“We should start a campaign. Collect donations for dick-head research. Find a cure.”
“You guys are dick heads.” I threw an empty coke zero can at Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY FOR USELESS FILLERS!