Status: In progress. Updates when I get the chance.

Cross My Heart

This Is Home

“Hey!” I yelled as someone I didn’t know tripped over air and spilled beer on me.
“Sorry.” He slurred.
“Tell it to the dress.” I wore a black strapless dress and my red converse. I left my hair down and wore the same red earrings.
I tried to sponge some of the liquid off with the hem of my dress - no luck.
“You wanna go?” Josh snaked his arm around my waist and whispered in my ear. “You don’t seem to be having much fun.”
“Huh, what gave you that idea? The beer on my dress or the look on my face?”
“Little bit of both. C’mon.” Josh took my hand and pulled me to the door.
It was a long walk in the cold back to Acadia road, but it was better than standing in the party.
Josh didn’t say anything for the whole walk, so I didn’t feel the need to either. It wasn’t until we reachedAcadia and Josh jumped up the front steps to my house and let himself in – using the key in the dead flower pot.
“Lisa and Adam are out, right?” He asked, trying to pull the key out of the door.
“Yeah, they are. Till 11.”
“Then I’m staying.” Josh managed the yank the key out of the stubborn key hole and tossed it back in the flower pot, opening the door for me.
“Well, what a gentlemen.” I said sarcastically.
“Hey, I can be when I want to…I just usually don’t want to.”
“Oh, so that’s you’re excuse.” I rolled my eyes as I pried my shoes off my feet.
“Why yes it is.” Josh pushed me against the wall. “Now, since we’re here alone…”
“Na uh. Off. I smell like beer, I’m changing.”
Josh gave me the puppy dog eyes, not backing away. I crossed my arms over my chest and tried to stare him down. That didn’t work.
“Not fair.” I said and kissed him.
“How is that not fair?” He asked, pulling away from me.
“You have blue eyes. That’s why it’s not fair.” I said and smiled, taking advantage of the distraction and ducking away from him. “Haha, I win!” I sang and skipped down the stairs and shut the door to my room, searching around for my PJs.
I pulled on my PJ pants with dancing Spongebob and Patrick and a baggy Queen shirt. (*author Spongebob and Patrick are just so cool, that even before they existed, they are on PJs XD)
I snuck up the stairs to hear the sound of the TV playing late night TV – a lot of crime dramas and TV shopping. I spotted Josh on the couch.
I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Muaha, captured.” I whispered to him. “You are now my slave.”
“I already was.”
“Okay now you’re getting dirty.” I smiled.
“And?” He smiled to.
“What are we watching?” I jumped onto the couch.
“CSI? Something like that.” Josh put his arm over my shoulders.
“Dead bodies. Very romantic.” That made Josh laugh.
“It’s this or TV shopping, pick you’re poison.”
“Humm…I pick you.” I shifted my weight so that I faced him.
“Oh, and I’m dirty?”
“Oh, shut up.” I kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck.
“You fucking ditchers!” I heard a familiar voice exclaim, as if from a distance.
“Oh my god!” I screamed and fell off the couch. I looked out the window to see Shaun looking back at me.
“Let me in!” I went around to the door and opened it.
“Did you follow us?” I asked her.
“Yes, I very much did.” She skipped into the house, Matt - of course - on her heels.
“Oh god…” I sighed and followed them to the living room. Shaun seemed to be making herself at home, taking the remote and changing the channel. Matt and Josh were talking. I gave up.
I walked into the kitchen and sat on the floor. Staring at the pale cream of the cupboards.
“Giving up?” Josh sat down in front of me.
“Pretty much. Lisa and Adam will be home in a couple hours, and Shaun, Matt and you will leave…Peace!” I flopped down on the ground.
Josh looked at me for a bit, and then got up. He disappeared for a few minuets, and then returned with a deck of cards.
“Sit up.” He ordered. I did as told. He dealt us each two cards, one face up, one face down.
I peaked under the face-down card: King. The face up was a Queen. Ha, I won already.
“I stay.” I said as Josh dealt himself another card. From what I could see, he so far had sixteen.
“What do you got?”
“20, ha.” I said, flipping over my King.
“21, beat that.” Josh flipped over a five.
“Oh I hate you now.” I said with a smile.
“I wish you could see you’re face right now.”
“Why?”
“Because, it would probably prove to you that you’re not ordinary.”
I blushed and looked down at my losing hand.
It was then that it hit me. I wasn’t leaving. Not if my life depended on it. Nothing could take Vancouver - and the people in it - away from me.
God, did I speak to soon
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty general but there is a song credit for this chapters title, This Is Home - Blink-182