Forgive Me

Goodbyes

Normal POV

She didn’t really know if Brian was true, but at the moment, he was so sweet with her. When he hugged her, she felt like nothing could happen to her.
They started to talk, about random things at first.

“So, you live with you sister?”, he asked.

“Yeah. And with my mother, and my stepfather…”, she replied, sighing.

“Oh, so you guys are still living at your parents’ place. Why?”, he demanded, curious.

“It’s a long story…”.

She didn’t want to talk to him about that. In fact, she never told someone about that. It was her dark secret.

“Come on, you can tell me. We’ve two hours!”, he laughed.

“No…no…I think I’ll return to the hotel…”, she said getting up.

“But…”, Brian started, following her.

He put a hand on her shoulder, to make her facing him.

“What’s wrong?”, he asked softly.

She looked at him. She could say that he was really worried about her. The first one to be that way toward her, except Maddy.

“I-I… live there because… I don’t want my mother to get hurt…”, she said, starting to cry.

She felt stupid. It was the third time she cried in front of him for stupid reasons. Well, she was a sensitive person after all…

Brian hugged her softly, whisperings reassuring words in her hear.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. I’m sorry”

Ollie’s face was resting against Brian’s chest. She nodded.

“Sorry for crying all the time”, she said in a low voice.

Brian chuckled, and simply rubbed her back.
“Well, come on. Let’s do something more interesting…hmm, there’s an ice cream shop a little further. Do you want some? Ice cream would be a good way to cheer you up!”, he proposed, smiling.

Ollie couldn’t help but smile back, as she nodded happily. They went to the said shop, and ordered what they wanted, then started to walk side by side.
They started to talk again, and Brian eventually talked about Elise. He told how they first met, how she was. He started to talk about her disease, her crises and the last night. He hadn’t told all those things to anyone, and it was quite relieving to talk about it. He felt sad and a few tears rolled occasionally on his cheeks, but he wasn’t complaining. He was happy to share that with someone. And he had to admit that Ollie was a good listener. She never judged what he said. Instead, she nodded occasionally, and squeezed Brian’s arm very lightly when tears started to fall more. He finally finished his story, and said he was sorry to tell her all this.

“I didn’t mean to annoy you with that… I don’t know, I felt like I could tell you this. I…start to trust you pretty much, you know”, he confessed, smiling.

“It’s okay”, she replied. She bit her lip. Maybe she should tell him about her stepfather and everything. It was fair enough, since he told her personal things too… But how could she tell someone that someone used to beat her, and raped her a few times… Maybe she could just forget about the raping thing and just speak about her stepfather beating her, yelling at her, etc…

“I don’t get along with my stepfather. He’s a violent man, and that’s why I’m afraid for my mom…”, she said looking at her feet.

Brian stopped. “What do you mean by ‘violent’ ?”

“Uh….”, Ollie hesitated.
She finally told him her story, but she bugged when she arrived at the day he raped her for the first time. She hadn’t the words to say this. She didn’t know where to start. And she was afraid that Brian would be disgusted by this. He was shocked with what she already told to him, so maybe he would react really badly to this…
The said Brian looked at her curiously: he expected her to continue her story.

“So…What happened next?”, he asked, encouraging her to continue.

Ollie couldn’t do this. She looked in Brian’s eyes, hoping he would understand it was too hard for her to say this.
Ollie felt tears starting to form in her eyes, but she forced herself not to cry. She didn’t want to cry one more time in front of Brian. She breathed deeply.

“Come on, you can tell me… I won’t say anything”

The words escaped Ollie’s mouth before she could refrain herself. She told him how Joan ran after her in her room, and all what happened next. Once she had finished talking, she looked away; she didn’t want to see Brian’s reaction.

Brian stopped, and caught Ollie’s wrist, forcing her to stop too.

“You have to tell the cops or something…”, he advised. His face was almost pale. He was visibly shocked by what Ollie just said. He had never heard something like this…and well he didn’t know what to say.

“No…No I can’t. My mother will know and…”

“Your mother doesn’t know about that ?!! What about your sister?”, he asked in shock.

Ollie shook her head. “You’re the only one to know. But please don’t tell anyone, please”, she begged.

Brian placed his hands on her cheeks. “I won’t…But if something bad happen to you, promise me you will tell the cops, or someone else”

“I promise”, she said, not really convinced.

She wanted to change the subject. “So, you only have one hour left, maybe we could start to walk back to the bus…”, she proposed.

“Okay…”.

They did as they said, and they arrived a few moments later at the bus. They just arrived when they saw everyone looking at them.
Brian noticed Maddy looking suspiciously at him. He smiled nervously, before looking away.

“We leave soon, Gates.”, Matt simply said. Obviously, he was still upset about the guitarist.

“I know…”, Brian said in response.

Zack gave Brian a sympathetic look, before looking at Maddy.

Maddy’s POV:

Zacky caressed her cheek with his thumb.

“You’re amazing, you know that?”, he smirked.

Maddy blushed. “So you are, Mr. Vengeance”, she smiled.

He hugged her tightly. “I’ll miss you…”, he confessed.

“I guess I’ll miss you too”, she replied, hugging him back.

Zack pulled away, and looked in Maddy’s eyes. “You’ll come to visit me in California, right?”, he joked.

“Uh…You know I’m still at school and…” Maddy started. Zacky’s face fell, and Maddy laughed.

“I don’t promise anything, but I’ll try. I don’t know when, or if I will actually come, but I promise you to try Zack. I-I like you…”, she said, blushing deep red.

Zacky smiled brightly. “I like you too... More than you can imagine…” he said hesitantly.

She looked at him. She didn’t know if she was shocked, happy, afraid,…her thoughts were a mess.
She hadn’t the time to think about it any longer though, because Zack’s lip crushed onto hers.
She was too surprised that she forgot to kiss him back, at first. She finally kissed him, and Zacky smiled. It was a sweet but indubitably passionate kiss. They both wanted to show the other how much they’ll miss each other. They pulled away, needing to breathe, and looked at each other with a satisfied smile.
Zack pulled her in a tight embrace, and they stayed that way for a while.

Alyssa’s POV

She felt Matt’s gaze on her, and looked at him.

“What?”, she asked smiling.

“You’re beautiful”, he said, approaching her.

She blushed and smiled even more. “You’re not so bad yourself”, she said in a tiny law voice.

Matt chuckled and pulled her into a hug. “I’m a moron”, he finally said.
Alyssa pulled way, confused.

“I didn’t ask you where you lived in California…”, he explained.
She laughed and answered him, saying she lived in L.A.

Matt was happily surprised. “Really?! So you’re not too far from Huntington!! Well, when do to have to come back to L.A?”

“Uh… I don’t really know…”

Matt looked at her deeply, while he had an internal fight about if he should ask her what he wanted or not.

“Come with us.”, he finally said.

“What?!”, Alyssa exclaimed, wide-eyed.

“Please. If you come with us you won’t have to pay the plane, and you won’t be alone, and…”, he tried to convince her.

She cut him off by placing a hand on his mouth. “Okay…”, she finally said.

“Seriously?”, he asked.

Alyssa nodded. Matt pulled her in a strong hug, and soon Alyssa’s feet weren’t touching the ground anymore. She laughed lightly, and Matt put her down.

“Thank you…” he said. “It means a lot...to me”. Alyssa would have bet he was blushing lightly.

“And it means a lot to me that you proposed me to join you”, she said.

Matt moved closer to Alyssa, and their faces were millimeters away.
They both closed their eyes, and soon they lips touched, in a soft kiss…

Normal POV

Brian and Ollie were talking when they noticed the two couples making out in front of the bus.

“God!”, Ollie exclaimed, putting a hand in front of her eyes.

Brian chuckled. “Your sister seems to get along pretty well with Zack”

“I have no clue what make you say such a thing”, Ollie said, trying to put an innocent look on her face.

Brian laughed.

“That sucks!”, Johnny shouted.

“What’s wrong, short shit?”, Brian asked.

“I met a girl the other night, and she can’t come to tell goodbye because she’s at work!”

Brian and Ollie tried not to laugh, but eventually failed.

“That’s not funny, you awful people!!”, Johnny pouted.

“Come on, Johnny! I’m sure she’s as upset as you on the moment. You have her number, so you’ll continue to talk to her. That’s more important than stupid goodbyes…”, Arin reasoned.

“You’re right, thanks dude”, Johnny smiled.

Arin and him said their goodbyes to Maddy and Ollie climbed into the bus, annoyed by the two couples.

Matt and Alyssa said they goodbyes too, and followed the two musicians in the bus.

Zacky finally let go of Maddy, and started to climb in the bus too. But he ran back and kissed Maddy deeply, one last time, before climbing in the bus.

Maddy regained her composure and looked at her sister. She was still talking with Syn!! The subject of their conversation was still a mystery. She cleared her throat, causing Ollie and Brian to look at her.

“I’m heading to the hotel, sis. Join me there once you’re…finished.” She started to walk away, but walked back.

“Oh, and Synyster” He looked at her “Sorry about earlier, you know when I slapped you…”

Brian shook his head. “Don’t worry, I deserved it”, he answered, looking at Ollie.

“I agree on that point. Anyway take care of Zack for me. Goodbye!”. And then she left.

Brian’s POV

He was now alone with Ollie again. He really wanted to stay here with her. He really appreciated to be alone with her, and he was sure he’ll miss it.

“Sooo”, he started. “I guess I have to go”, he said putting his hands in his pockets.

“I guess so”, Ollie simply replied, looking at him.

They remained silent for a while, face to face, looking at each other.

“You know… I think I’ll think of you a lot…”, he admitted.

Ollie blushed. The idea wasn’t displeasing. She was glad someone liked her enough to think about her.

“Thanks…”. She didn’t know what else to say, and she felt too unsure to say it back to him.

Brian looked a bit disappointed. He hoped the girl would admit she would miss him.
He moved closer, pulling her in his embrace. Ollie rested her head on his chest, and Brian smiled. He passed his hands in his hair and kissed her hair.
He pulled away and looked in her green eyes.

He wasn’t sure if it was a good idea or not…But he had to show her how much he started to like her in this really short time.
He leaned to kiss her, and his lips touched hers lightly.

Ollie’s POV

Ollie was panicked. She realized at the moment that she liked Brian more than she expected, and it was a threatening feeling. Even if the guy was nice and everything, she wasn’t ready to be with someone like this, to trust someone enough for this. But the feeling of Brian’s lips on hers wasn’t bothering her at all. She had to stop it though. The guy was leaving soon, and he’ll forget about her in a record time. He would find someone else, just like Chris did. She would be sad and she didn’t want to. She had to stop it now before she could be hurt.
She violently pulled away.

Brian was shocked and angry at the same time.

“What the fuck?”, he asked.

Ollie was afraid now. “Sorry, I-I can’t do this…”. She looked at him one last time and started to run away, leaving Brian alone.

Brian’s POV

He watched as Ollie disappeared, and the angry feeling in his stomach started to grow. He was sad, but he didn’t want to, so he pretended to himself to be angry. He was frustrated, and so much disappointed.
He thought she will kiss him back, and that she would be happy he made this for her. He was wrong.
Once again he was alone, and once again his heart was hurt. Everything was screwed up.

He climbed in the bus, looking at his feet.

“Don’t worry Gates! You’ll see her again!”, Johnny joked.

Brian looked at him, anger filled in his eyes. “Fuck you!”, he shouted, before heading for the only real bed of the bus.
He crashed onto it, and engulfed his head in the pillow. His fists were clenched. And he felt a tear roll onto his cheek…