Your Love Is My Oxygen

Did You Even Love Me?

Craig had shown up to the Warped Tour welcome party with a nasty bruise on his face. I had asked him what happened and he told me that Ronnie had punched him. I figured so and I didn’t blame Ronnie for doing it either, because Craig will not just leave us alone. Craig started to get under Ronnie’s skin again, but he kept himself calm. I didn’t pay attention to their little argument until Craig then said my name into their heated argument. “Does she know all the shit you talked in high school?” I looked at Ronnie, “What is he talking about?” I mouthed. Ronnie looked freaked out. Craig just chuckled and smirked. “She doesn’t? Oh that’s right! Corrie thinks that you were her best friend in high school that means she doesn’t know that you used to say she had no chance to be with you, you would never date her because she wasn’t your type. She was too nerdy and ugly for you to be with.”

I was in tears now. I couldn’t believe that Ronnie had said all those things about me. I thought he was my best friend. He would get mad at people who would say those things about me, but for him to turn around and say the same things behind my back? I know it happened a few years back, but it still hurts. “Corrie I-,” I cut him off and shook my head before running off. I knew he was running after me because he kept calling my name, but I wouldn’t stop. I made it to the bus and closed the door to Ronnie and my bedroom, locking it, before Ronnie could get me. I slid down to the floor and silently began crying.

“Corrie, open the door please,” Ronnie pleaded. I shook my head, although I knew he couldn’t see me. I didn’t want to be around him right now. I just couldn’t, not after what I heard. “Corrie, Babygirl, please.” Ronnie pleaded again. I got up from the floor, “No Ronnie. I don’t want to talk to you. Just leave me alone.” I walked over to the bed and laid on it, crying again. I just couldn’t believe that Ronnie said those things, which hurts the most. I was so naïve and innocent to even believe that he would ever say those horrible things about me.

The door knob was jiggling and I knew that Ronnie was still trying to come in. But I locked the door so he couldn’t. However, moments later, the door opened and Ronnie came into the room. He looked at me, “Corrie please…” I got off the bed, “I said I didn’t want to be around you,” and I tried to run out the room. Unfortunately, Ronnie was swift enough that he grabbed me by the waist before I could leave the room. He closed the door and pressed me against it so I couldn’t leave his grasp. I kept struggling to get out of his grip but he wasn’t having it. “Corrie, please just listen to me,” He said and pressed me against the door a little harder. “Get off of me Ronnie,” I screamed at him. I know I was making this worse than it is already, but I was just too angry right now too cool down. I kept moving my arms but he pressed in harder, though he wasn’t hurting me. Finally I got one of my hands free and I slapped him across the face. I immediately regretted it when I saw that he got an angry look on his face. His nose was flared and his eyes looked like he was about to kill. I cowered down because I thought he was going to hit me back.

Ronnie sighed and grabbed my hand again and sighed. “I deserved that slap and I know that you hate me right now, but can you please…just please let me explain CorrieBear.” I looked away from him but then my anger came back, “Were you only dating me because of my looks? Do you not care anything else about me? Do you even love me Ronnie?” By this time I was crying harder. “I’m not dating you just for your looks and I do care about other things about you. And I do love you, Corrie.” I didn’t look at him because I didn’t know if I should believe him. He lifted my chin up so I could look at him “You are the best thing that ever happened to me Corrie.” I swatted his hand away, “Then why, Ronnie? Why did you say those things about me? You were suppose to be my best friend and stick up for me, not say shit about me. I never did that to you and you know I couldn’t.” He didn’t say anything. I sighed and got out of his grip and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no!!! Are they going to break up? Or will Ronnie have the balls to explain.