Status: In Progress

Not Another Teen Story

Chapter Three

Alex Grieco

I don't talk much.

Sometimes when I'm about to speak, I get really nervous and my throat closes up and the words I was about to utter just disappear into thin air and I basically look like a fish out of water. It's almost pathetic, really. I wish things were different, especially with him in my class. I want more than anything to talk to him, but if I even think so much as to smile at him, I get so nervous that I fear I'll have an anxiety attack or something.

I just want him to notice me so badly that I've even resorted to wearing tighter jeans and shirts of bands he likes. Nothing. It's like I'm invisible. In fact, I know I am. No one pays attention to me. If it wasn't for Matt, I'd have no one at all. Nobody wants to be friends with the quiet kid that blushes at everything.

But if there was one person that I wanted to be noticed by, it was him. Just a glance; just a glimpse of that perfect smile. Is that too much to ask for?

---

"I'm so sorry!" I yelped a few milliseconds after crashing into no one other than Alex Gaskarth. I turned a bright scarlet red before looking down and away. Of course not after noticing that he was with Zack Merrick, Ian Planet, and him: Rian Dawson.

"Don't even worry about it..." he trailed off as if he was thinking hard about something.

"I'm sorry; I know your Danny's friend, but I seem to have forgotten your name," he said, a slight pink tint on his cheeks. I didn't expect him to remember my name (even though it is the same as his), let alone remember me in general, so I gave a casual shrug, opening my mouth to inform him. I was beaten to it, though.

"Alex," Rian said, a smile on his face, causing me to turn an even darker shade of red.

"What" Alex replied, Rian laughing in turn.

"No, his name's Alex," Rian explained, and in that moment, a million butterflies exploded in my stomach. He knows my name.

"Oh. Well, don't worry about it, Alex," Alex said, smiling before carrying on with the three other boys. I watched Rian walk away, not being able to help but blush and smile at the sheer fact that he knows my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
shit.