Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Oh Brother!

Jack was already standing all tall and intimidating by the stairway waiting for Jake and Shannon to come up the stairs and I just sat on the couch like a little girl waiting for her date to arrive. Shit, this is not a date! At that thought, I stood up and walked towards Jack, standing uncomfortably at his side. The second he saw me there, he gave me an odd look, but became distracted when we heard JT and Shannon’s voices getting louder as they finally got to the top of the steps. God the man looks incredible. Well-worn jeans and at the moment he had a dark green shirt on from the looks of it, under his black leather jacket, that I have to say looks amazing on him. We smiled at one another, and I noticed he had in is hands 2 long-stemmed yellow roses. You have to be kidding me. My stomach had that funny feeling again. I think my brother noticed the look between us, because he took a protective step forward immediately and made the formal introduction as they shook one another’s hands. All I could do was stand there and look at Shannon, and he looked at me.

“Hello there Eliza, you look beautiful. Oh, these are for you.” He walked around Jack after shaking his hand, and over to me giving me the roses with a small smile.

“Hi Shannon. Thank you for these, you didn’t have to do this again you know. You already brought me one last night, so this was totally unnecessary.” I took the roses from him and turned towards the kitchen and went to put them into the same vase as the single rose. “Jake would you mind taking Mr. Leto’s jacket please and hanging it in the closet?”

“Sure mom” Jake did as he was asked and then disappeared into his room, after saying his goodbyes. My guess is he did not want to be a part of the coming conversation and I for one could not blame him.

I sat down on the love seat which was closest to the kitchen area and Shannon chose to sit next to me, while Jack sat on the couch so that he could look directly into Shannon’s face. A true police officer, he wanted to see his reactions to everything.

“So, Shannon, I hear you’re a drummer in a band with your brother right? And you have travelled all over the world, seen all sorts of things, places, met all kinds of people, been with all kinds of women?”

“Jack!! Are you kidding me!!” I yelled at him. I was going to murder the man. Never had I said anything about Shannon other than him touring and being a drummer. That was it. So I turned to Shannon and said, “I am so sorry, that was totally uncalled for, and I am completely mortified! The only thing I ever said was that you were a drummer and you are finishing out a tour. Oh my god, I am so fucking embarrassed…” I sat there hanging my head in total shame, running my hands through my hair.

I felt my hair being moved gently behind my ear and then my chin being lifted and turned towards him so that I could look him in the eyes. “I know you didn’t say that. It’s not something you would say, I know enough about you to know that. He’s your big brother and he loves you. Jacks just worried about you and I don’t blame him. Was it rude, umm yes. Have I heard worse, you have no idea. Don’t you worry about me sweetheart.”

“Ehemm! Sorry to be rude, but I just want to make sure that you aren’t after my sister for only one thing. Because if you are, I am sure there are plenty of other very willing young ladies out there that you could use and throw away without a second thought. My sister doesn’t deserve that and I don’t want her ending up at the wrong end of another relationship. That’s it.” Jack sat back on the couch folding his large arms over his chest and waited for a response.

“Jack, I don’t know where this is going, whether it will end up in a relationship or not, I don’t know. I know that I can have anyone I want, but the truth is I don’t want anyone else, nor do I have a desire to look at anyone other than Eliza. I have no idea where this will lead; all I do know is that I really enjoy spending time with your sister. I’m not out to ‘get something’ from her, or to hurt her. That’s the furthest thing from my mind. She deserves better than me, and I know that. I am not here for long, and all I know is that I want to spend as much time as I possibly can with her if she wants or allows it. I have already given her permission to kick my ass if I ever over-step with her at any time. I mean that in all sincerity.” Then Shannon looked at me. He had meant every word he said to my brother, and something happened to me on the inside. I just couldn’t put my finger on it right this second.

“Laun, he really said that?”

“Yes Jack, he really said that.”

“Well, I guess, there isn’t all that much you can hide about yourself being in the public eye like you are. Besides, I could do a background check on you if I really wanted too.”

“Fuck man, you really are always on cop mode, aren’t you?” Shannon joked.

“I guess given the past I can’t really help it where my family is involved.”

“I don’t know much about it, but I do understand the part about family. It’s everything man.”

“At least we understand each other there. I guess you and your brother are close?”

“He is my best fucking friend in the world. I don’t know where I would be without him.” Shannon said quietly.

“I feel the same way about my sister.” Jack said looking at me with a sad smile, and a bit of regret behind that statement.

“So are we all good then guys?” I asked Jack, being that he was the one in charge of this little get together.

“Yeah, I think we’re good. But would it be ok if we hung out a few more minutes, just so we can become a bit more acquainted before you two leave?” Ughhh, we were never going to get out of here.

“Sure man, no problem. But I would really love to be on the road in the next 15 minutes if that’s ok.” Shannon was making an effort, it was cute.

We sat and talked with Jack and JT came and joined us once he realized no one was going to die, for the next 20 minutes. I finally said it was time for us to go. By the time we got our jackets, it was close to 4. I felt awful for being the cause of our day being cut short. So once we were on the Turnpike heading towards whatever stop Shannon had in store, I apologized to him profusely. Of course, he said it was nonsense, not to be silly and just enjoy the day.

“Ok, so where are we going Mr. Leto?”

“I may consider telling you if you stop calling me Mr. Leto. Every time you call me that, I look around for my Grandfather.” He joked with me.

“Oh, I am really sorry Shannon. No more calling you Mr .Leto.”

“Actually, I rather liked it when you called me Shann.” I turned and looked at him with a slack jaw and look of shock I am sure.

“Umm, yeah, I uhm. Well, I don’t think that’s a good idea Shannon.” I said very quickly.

“Really? And why wouldn’t it be a great idea? It sounds nice coming from you.” He said with raised eyebrows.

“Because, I’m not ready to say that yet and besides our relationship isn’t that kind of relationship.” What the hell was I saying?!

“Ohhhh kayyyy. Didn’t you already call me that though? I am not trying to give you a hard time, but you did call me Shann right, I wasn’t imagining that?” he was glancing at me from the driver’s side of the car.

“I did, yes, but I wasn’t thinking. Listen, can we just forget that I ever called you that, and move on please?” I was practically begging the man, and I sounded like an idiot.

“Eliza, you never have to ask me like that for anything, I was just trying to have a little fun. I am sorry. I’ll let it go. And if you ever change your mind, I am more than happy to hear it again. Just putting that out there.”

“Ok, so back to the original question, where are you taking me this afternoon?” I asked him with a genuine smile.

“That my dear, is a surprise. So until we get there, we are going to play 20-50 questions. Depending on how long it takes to get there of course.” He laughed with a smirk on his lips.
“20 questions huh? Oh boy! This should be fun!”

“Well, I thought it would be better than the typical question and answer shit. OK, sweetheart, who’s going to start?”

“I say I do, since you know where the destination is! Hahahahahahaha!” It is only fair, I thought.

“You devious thing you” Shannon laughed that deep laugh of his.

“Don’t you forget it muddafugga!”

That was how we spent the next 40 minutes of our drive getting to know one another, until we arrived at our destination. I would never have guessed at the place he had in store for us if you had asked at the beginning of the day. As Shannon drove into the parking lot that was almost completely deserted with the exception of two other cars, I was in complete and utter awe. What the fuck was he up too? I sat in my seat and simply stared ahead of me, and when Shannon came around to the passenger side of his car opening the door and extending his hand to me, I looked up at him with a genuine smile and he smiled in return. It was absolutely incredible…
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh boy! Where did Shannon take El? Cliffhanger! Lol! Hope you liked this chapter! Thank you for commenting and subscribing! Keep the comments coming, I love to hear what your thoughts and ideas are! Love y'all!

<3
mysoul4jimmy