Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

Freddy Who?!

As we made our way down to the car, Shannon held on tightly to my hand, never once letting go. I found I rather liked the feeling. That wasn’t necessarily a good thing either. We got into the car and began the journey back towards my place, and I found myself feeling really disappointed. The mood in the car wasn’t nearly as happy as it was earlier in the day or evening. I would look at Shannon trying to figure out what it was he was thinking, but I just never could. He was still holding my hand in his, while absentmindedly tracing small designs on the top of my hand. It relaxed me.

Out of nowhere, Shannon asked me, “So what are you up to on Monday, Tues, Thurs and Friday of this coming week?”

“I would be working as usual.” I said with a smile.

“Haha, smartass! Seriously though, in the evening, do you have plans on those nights?”
“Shannon, that’s almost an entire week you are asking about. What’s going on?” I asked looking across his dimly lit car to him, as Led Zeppelin played lowly in the background.

“Well, let’s see, Mon and Tues will be the first 2 shows we are doing for NY. The first shows we have done there in a really long fucking time, and well actually Tues is the 300th show with the Guinness Book of World Records people. Then on Thurs and Friday we are doing the church of MARS thing to raise money for Haiti. I would really love for you to be there for all of the shows if you can do it. I understand if you can’t though, being that you have a life and it’s kind of late notice and all. I have been really nervous about asking you.” He said in a quiet voice.

“What is with you and being nervous lately? Why would you be nervous about asking me to go of all people? Besides, I just don’t know if I can do all that on my salary. The tickets are really expensive and to pay for 2 kids plus friends, I just don’t know how I can do it. I would love to be there for you. Seriously, you have no idea how badly I want to go, but I just don’t know how I can do it financially.” I told him sadly.

“Doesn’t Fuse give you passes and shit for this kind of thing?” Suddenly remembering the busy week I had ahead of me at work because of the 300th show and the award the guys were getting. The music studios were going fucking ape shit bananas for interviews, and not everyone was going to be lucky to get one. Fuse was one of the lucky few.

“ Normally yes, but this is a huge event, and we knew about this months ago, and they told us that there were going to be no back stage passes/tickets available for this particular event because they knew what a huge deal it was going to be. They had to keep ticks for upper management.” I had totally forgotten about this week for the band. I now felt really bad, and like a complete asshole.

“That really sucks. I guess it’s a good thing I have connections. And I can get you better seats for every show and for as many seats as you need.” He said with a raise of his eyebrows and a smile on his lips.

“Whoa!” I all but yelled at Shannon. “That’s really very sweet, and waaaaay too generous. I can’t accept something like that from you. We are friends, and you are offering me basically, what? It ends up being thousands of dollars, every night, by the end of the week. You are going to be super busy, and I will only be in the way anyway, and besides, I don’t even know if I can go every night. I have to work every day sadly.” I had just rambled like a fucking idiot.

“Ok, so if you can’t go every night, what nights would you like to go, and when can the kids go, and when do Kym, Jack and the rest of your family and friends want to go? Really I just want to see you. As many nights as you can come would be great, though I will be at the studio on Monday for an interview thing, so I will see you then. Maybe we can do lunch? “

When he sat there driving in silence for a few minutes deep in thought, I didn’t say a word. I was actually afraid to say anything, for fear of sounding stupid. Shannon started talking yet again, ”You know, I have been thinking about it, and it would mean a lot to me if you were at the 300 show where we get the award from the Guinness people. Jared says it’s not a big deal or anything, but it really is a huge deal to me. It would mean everything to me if you were there to share it with me. And maybe if you could be at the Haiti shows we are having at the Church. The shows are smaller and later in the week. I would be lying if I didn’t say I wanted to see you every night, but I understand the having to work thing.” He said with a smile.

“Ok. I will do it. As for the kids and the rest of the motley crew, I have to talk to them, but I will come to the 300 show, and the Haiti shows. The first show, I just don’t know if I can do it. You can always leave me the ticket/pass at the window and I will do my best to get there, if I can’t I will call you.” I told him, hoping that would work. I hated to not at least try. And the truth of the matter was that I really wanted to see him again and to have the opportunity to see him play live was something I had never done and couldn’t wait to do.

“Now that sounds like a plan!”

I must have dozed off at some point for a few minutes during the last 15 minutes of our ride, because the next thing I knew, I felt a pair of full soft lips upon mine, leaving gentle kisses, whispering that I was home and it was time to wake up. My eyes fluttered open to a large hand pushing my hair across my forehead so that he could gaze into my eyes, then placing his palm upon my cheek and stroking my face with his thumb.

“We’re home sweetheart.” He said leaning slightly forward over me into his suv. “Time to get up, I am sorry. I let you sleep as long as I could.”

“Wait, how long have we been here?” I asked sleepily”

“Only 10 minutes. It’s getting late though, and I have an early practice session tomorrow, or rather today, so I have to get back on the road.”

I unclipped my seatbelt and stretched before sliding out from the seats and standing up from Shannon’s car. The outdoor lights had motion sensors, so they came on when I stepped away from the car and Shannon shut the car door behind me reaching around me to open the rear door, and grab my elephant that he had won for me. The two of us started to walk towards the apartment door together.

“So what are you going to name him or her?”

“Hmm, I haven’t really thought about it, but it has to be a great name.”

“Fuck yeah, it does!”

“What about, Freddie?” I asked

“Freddie?” Shannon questioned with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah, you know like Freddie Mercury, Freddie!” I thought that he was pretty fucking incredible.

“Actually, I think it’s perfect.” He said with a huge grin.

“So…” We had reached the apartment door, and I had started to unlock all the locks and open the door then placed Freddie inside on the step.

“So… I guess I won’t be seeing you tomorrow huh. Can I call you instead though?”

“Of course you can call me, you silly man. Listen do you want to come inside and get something to drink or eat before you head back home? I really don’t like the thought of you heading home this late, being so tired, it makes me really nervous. Ok more worried than anything else.” I said softly.

“You are worried about me?” He asked stepping closer and wrapping his arms around my waist and lower back, pulling me close in one swift motion. “That’s very sweet of you.” He whispered. I could feel his breath upon my face, as his nose gently brushed the skin of my cheek and he kissed the edge of my mouth, but he stopped there. I could barely breathe. He stepped back slightly, and smiled, “I would love some coffee or something if you have any. Or I may not make it home.”

“Alright, come on in; let’s get you some caffeine.” With that we went inside, locking the door behind us and going upstairs to the kitchen. As we ascended the top step into the main living quarters we both noticed Jake lying sprawled out on the couch with a music magazine on his chest that he must have been reading. I turned towards Shannon and motioned for his jacket and he slipped it off and he gestured for mine, and he helped me take it off. Surprising me with a kiss on top of my head as he took both coats, he asked quietly where the closet was, and I pointed to where it was, he went off to hang them up. I turned and went towards Jake so I could get him up and tell him I was home. The poor kid had to be exhausted. I crouched down and ran my hand through his brown hair. I still couldn’t get over how much he had grown. His eyes fluttered open suddenly and a look of surprise came over his face when he saw Shannon standing behind me. I immediately went into explanation mode and Jake said it was cool, that we were all adults, and that even if Shannon needed a place to crash for the night he was cool with that, as long as it wasn’t with his mother, or in his mother’s room, it all was good. I had to hand it to my kid, he was nothing if not blunt and to the point. It did put an idea in my head though. Why not just let Shannon stay for the night and he could head home early in the morning. That would give him a few extra hours sleep. After we said our goodnights to Jake, I turned to Shannon with a sly smile on my lips, as we walked to the kitchen.

“You know, Jake brought up a good point.”

“Oh yeah, and what was that? Stay away from his hot mom?”

“Is that what you got out of his little speech?” I laughed out loud at him.

“Mhmm. “ he said nodding his head. “Why what did you get out of your sons little speech? Did you hear something different?”

“Definitely not that! So I have no idea where you got that from.” I joked. “I did however, get another idea from him. You see, I was thinking instead of getting you wired up on coffee and sending you home at this horrible hour, and worrying like a muddafugga, I thought maybe you would stay here, and either leave early or I could fix you breakfast and you can leave after. Then technically we will see each other tomorrow.” I said biting my lower lip. This was slowly becoming a habit of mine around him.

“Wait a second, are you inviting me to stay the night?” He asked in a deep chuckle.

“Not like that smartass! So not there yet!!! I mean shit, we are only friends, right, you haven’t even asked me on a formal date, and you are going home soon, so what’s the point right.” I said under my breath hoping he hadn’t heard me at all. I really didn’t know if he had or not. Maybe I said it more as a reminder to myself, I don’t know.

“I was only kidding! I know we aren’t there yet. I can sleep on the couch. And breakfast sounds great.” There was that devilish grin on his face again.

“No, you absolutely will not sleep on the couch, you can sleep in MJ’s room, she’s never here to use her bed, so you may as well. Ok?”

“That works.” Shannon said sighing and rubbing a hand over his tired face.

“Great, so let me show you where everything is.” That’s where the full tour of the apartment with the exception of the garage/studio and Jakes room came in. Yes, even my room, just in case he needed anything. We actually ended up sitting in MJ’s room on her window seat talking for about half an hour before deciding it was time for sleep.

Shannon walked me to my bedroom door, and I said goodnight hoping against hope that he would kiss me, and was severely disappointed that he didn’t. The only thing he did was give me a hug goodnight, and head back towards MJ’s room shutting the door behind him. I shut my door and had walked to my vanity and sat down just begun brushing my hair through when there was a soft knock on my door. I felt my heart hammering away in my chest, taking a deep breath I stood back up and walked to my bedroom door slowly turning the knob, pulling the door open to reveal the light brown eyes of Shannon Leto with the moonlight spilling in from the end of the hallway behind him. Standing there, he looked like an angel. Wearing the t-shirt and shorts that I had found from a pile of Jakes clean laundry, and it looked perfect on him. I couldn’t do anything but stand there and stare at him. He stood there with his hands on either side of the doorjamb for the moment, looking at me, like he was trying to make a decision. Then he dropped his hands and began to step closer as I stepped back into my room. Shannon’s right arm snaked around my waist and we were brought closer together, while his left hand came up to gently run through my hair then to rest at the back of my neck. Our foreheads came to rest upon each other and I could see deep into his eyes, I could feel the pull of them. His breathing was growing slightly faster, and then I couldn’t take it anymore. I brought our lips together slowly at first, and then I let go. I let my feelings take over. My arms wrapped up around behind his back under his shirt and held onto him, feeling every ripped muscle, every inch of him that I could reach without overstepping in my mind. I just needed to feel him. There was need with him. I kissed him with a ferocity I didn’t know I possessed, and I only wanted more. My mouth devoured his, and he accepted. He kissed me back with the same urgency as I kissed him, but the surprising thing was that when I expected him to go further, he started to slow things down. It was a good thing, because it would probably have freaked me out, and been way too soon for going in that direction especially since there was no clear written explanation as to what we were to one another. I didn’t know if I wanted that, or maybe deep down I really did, and I was too scared to admit it. Those were a few of the thoughts I was beginning to have as we slowed our kisses down to pecks and gentle kisses on the lips and cheeks. Shannon was gently rubbing my sides, back and arms with his hands, and it felt like heaven.

“That…” Kiss. “was…” Kiss. “the…” Kiss. “most amazing goodnight kiss I’ve ever had.” Shannon said to me with a cute smile.

“I have to say the same, but I can’t say I believe you.”

“Oh, sweetheart, you are making me fucking crazy. You have no idea. Now, I am going to my room and go to sleep. I will see you in the morning for breakfast.” With one final small kiss on the lips he turned and walked out of my room. I then heard the door close to MJ’s room and I closed my door, got ready for sleep, and got in bed, looking forward to having the most amazing dreams ever…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay an update! Sorry, I haven't been around to do much updating, I haven't been home much. So I may treat you to another update tonight. Hope you enjoy this one. Please comment luvs and subscribe! Comment and subscribe. I love to see what your thoughts are on where the story is going or what your ideas are....Thank you so much for reading! Love y'all!

<3
mysoul4jimmy