Status: In Progression

Suicide Season

The New Guy Is Exciting

Tom and Charlotte my best friend, decided to take me out clubbing. I hadn't laughs so much since me and Oli had split up almost three months ago. I knew he was in America promoting the new album and was out there for a long time. So I wouldn't have to run into him and new girl friend Amanda. 
We were dancing when five lads walked in. They grabbed drinks and went upstairs to the smoking area me, Scott and Chaz decided to go upstairs too. I only smoked when I was drinking recently, anything to stop me thinking about him. I slipped in my heels as I stepped in taking Charlotte with me. We ended up giggling like school girls. Scott helped Charlotte up and I was handed a stranger's hand. I took it and stood. I was now face to face with one of the men that had walked in. He had the left side of his lip pierced. His eyes were framed with thick lashes and a set of light green eyes. They matched my own. His hair was swooped across his forehead and was a light brown.
"You okay?" he asked when I stopped laughing. His accent was just as adorable as Oliver's.
"Yeah, thank you for helping me up." Charlotte nudged me giving me an approving eye. "Do you have a lighter I could borrow please?" I asked letting my hand drift out of his.
"Yeah sure, here." he handed me a blue lighter. I lit up a fag an went to hand it back to him. "Keep it, yo Danny pass me your sharpie man!" he shouted to another one of his group. A short ginger bearded man with long dark fluffs hair and blue eyes came over handing him a sharpie. The guy who'd helped me up wrote in the lighter and handed it back.
"Woah you're fit" the short guy said. "You a model?" he asked looking slightly up at me
"Used to be and thanks." I laughed
"Used to be? You don't look a day over 22! You can't have retired! I'm Danny by the way" he hugged me
"Hi Danny, I'm Robyn that's Charlotte and Scott my bestfriends." I smiled at him after the hug "and I'm about four days over 22." I laughed
"Well happy birthday for four days ago sexy see you soon" he dragged out the soon and flounced off. I had to laugh
"He's a little arrogant and cocky but you learn to love them."
"Yeah I know that feeling." we laughed together as my friends yelled "Hey!". "Well it was nice meeting you..." I looked at the lighter, he'd scribbled "Ben" on it. I looked up at him "Ben. I have to go and party hard plus there are some pretty looking Poles in there I can't wait to get around." I laughed, taking the sharpie off of him and writing my name and number on his hand.
"Nice meeting you too, Robyn!" he shouted after me.
  I couldn't stop thinking of Ben, and that wasn't just because Tom and Chaz wouldn't  shut up about it!
I woke up the next morning from a text from Oli's mum and a number for a Ben.
"Hey had an awesome night last night, we should meet up for coffee or something when we have time ;) x" - Ben sent at eleven forty two. I looked at my alarm it was exactly half twelve. An arm snaked around my waist. I turned to see Chaz. She'd been keeping me company since I moved in a split with Oli. I stretched and yawned. Getting out of bed and looking at the next message
"Hey Robyn! Don't be a stranger! My son may be a little stupid but the family still loves you, my dear. Your mum said to watch you. pop round threre's obviously no chance of running into my son other than a hung over Tom Xxx" - Mrs S. fair play she was a babe. Like class one. She never put Oli's name on texts just called her my son. I kicked Tom Sykes who was passed out on the floor. I'm taking you home sleeping beauty lets get up an go.
"Mmm home. Nah the floor is comfy."
"Damn it Tom get up!" I yelled "go shower and get something to eat!" I yelled again he got up and went. "Charl what did I do last night?"
"You had fun with that Ben guy. In the shirt." she mumbled
"Really?!"
"In an ally way" I slapped my hand over my face in a face palm. 
"I'm going down to  Sheffield today taking Tom home. You can pop into town, laze around the house or come with us and I'll get Tom to take you shopping?"
"I'll stay home! In hung over." she laughed
"I'll make you fry up." I said getting out of bed.
"Cook it properly this time!" she yelled after me. I'd nearly given her food poisoning last time I cooked for her.

It didn't take long for me and Tom to be ready to get in the car and go. I gave Charl a spare set of keys incase she wanted to go out. I unhooked my keys from the front door and led Scott to my car.
"I like it, small, affordable and comfy. Don't diss my car!" I yelled at Tom when he turned his nose up at the blue ford fiesta 1997 I had
"Sorry" he laughed hugging me. 

It took us half hour to drop off at his and then to his mums. I knocked on the door and when there was no answer I opened the door slightly
"Mumma Sykes? You here?"
"She's in the garden Robyn my dear" came Oli's dad's voice from up stairs. Hi voice had authority but after having the Sykes brothers as kids who wouldn't? Always giggled to myself when I thought of this.

I stepped into the sun that shone on the family home. "Hi mamma Sykes." 
"Good afternoon, Robyn." she smiled up at me. I kissed her on the cheek. "Sit next to me my lovely. I'll make you Cuppa." she returned five minuets later with a mug of steaming hot tea. It was welcome with the hangover I had.
"I miss this." I smiled putting my sunglasses on an taking a sip of the tea I had.
"I miss this too Robyn. How are you doing?" she asked
"I'm doing well thank you. Work is amazing, my best friend is looking after me and I'm going home to see my mum soon for a couple of weeks."
"That's good but that isn't what I meant." she looked at me behind her glasses.
"Oh you mean the O word that I haven't spoken in three months"
She nodded
"I wasn't doing well. I've cried loads, spent days in bed watching soppy movies and eating ice cream. Everyone has been supportive." I stopped chocked up
"If it helps he's heart broken too" she nodded, "he refuses to go home but for the essentials. He stayed with Scott most the time and then often came here. I haven't seen my son be so down and cry all the time."
"He doesn't seem to miss me." I sighed "He's moved on" I took another sip almost wishing it had vodka in it.
"Doesn't mean he still doesn't love you. I'm sorry. Have you met anyone?"
"Well last night I got it on with this 22 year old called Ben. He's really nice as far as I know, I'm meeting him for a coffee soon." I knew if I told her this it was probably going to get back to Oli. "Please don't say anything it's not serious. I'm having fun first"
"That's fair enough I won't say anything." she hugged me.
"How is his life at the moment? Hectic I presume?"
"Very I get a phone call at least once a week, he's excited and in full swing of being a little happier. He confides in me a lot. Can I ask something?"
"Sure, I it going to be "why did I want to split with him?" I smiled
"Yes." she looked concerned
"we were always arguing because we were stressed, we'd argue on the phone because we were in different time zones and always tired when we talked. There was no time for each other anymore." a tear slipped out of my eye when I thought about the argument we'd had while he was sorting stuff out for America and was about to go back to Sweden for more recording time.
She rubbed my back. 
"That was a very brave thing to do. I know you love him like no other"
"At least one of you do. He flipped out when I asked if I should move out. I lived with Scott before I got my place."
"Oli still loves you Robyn. He just hasn't talked to you. Said you keep rejecting his calls"
"I'll accept them when I feel I can hear his voice again. Jonah and Matt won't let him near their phones." I laughed
"That's sensible. I hope you two become friends again. My wish is for you to get back together." she smiled, when I raised an eyebrow she ranted about how Oli's new girlfriend was lovely and sweet and everything I was but she couldn't see it working. I laughed as she ranted.

Three hours later I ended up back in my appartment with Charl and Chinese and wine and horror movies. I had text Ben to let him know when I was free and that we could meet sometime soon to get to know each other. He agreed.

I was sat in Starbucks with two coffees in front of me, Ben was due any moment now. I streched and looked at the door. The tall man had a t-shirt on with a black hoody over the top of it, jeans and skater trainers. He seemed pretty damn normal and I liked it! He had family first written in a tattoo just visible above the collar of his shirt.
"Hi Robyn." he smiled sitting next to me. How are you? Sorry I'm late"
"Hi Ben, it's okay that hair must take a while to tackle. I'm kidding and I'm great thanks yourself?"
"I'm amazing, you joke but I actually was nervous today. Wanted to look my best."
"That's sweet, you look handsome and badass by the way" I smiled taking a sip of my coffee
"And you look stunningly beautiful." I blushed "wow that's cute, you're blushing" he smiled his smile was so genuine it was like the sun had gone for years and I'd forgotten what it was like to feel giddy and flirt with someone. I found out Ben was a guitarist and singer and the guys he was with at the club were his band. They were celebrating after their first support slot. He'd lived in Dubi and created a band out there which he recorded an album with which was totally cool. His birthday was Halloween and he liked to be called Benji by his band mates and me soon if we got to know each other better. He said he'd love to get to know me and maybe show me a good time.

We stayed in starbucks nearly the whole day keeping the staff busy. When we left I said I was going back to Wales for a week would he like to text or to meet for coffee again sometime. He said hed keep in touch and hugged me kissing me on the cheek as he left me at my car.
Tomorrow I was taking Charlotte home.
"I'm home Chaz!" I called as I walked in.
"I'm packing baby!" she said seductively, the last time I'd heard those exact words I was just walking in the apartment to break up with Oli. Funnily enough I never even once thought of Oli when I was with Ben. They both had long hair only Bens was lighter than Oli's. Both had tattoos- Ben had visibly less. Both were in bands - bens was smaller which meant more chance of a relationship. Both were gorgeous and charming only for some reason I still felt guilty if what mama Sykes said was true about Oli being heart broken then I was moving on frankly I still loved Oli but I liked Ben too.
I posed this question to Charlotte as we packed. She hit me for talking about Oli like I was but told me maybe this Ben guy was going to be good for me. Was it possible to love two people at once?
♠ ♠ ♠
So Robyn has met a new guy. You probably have guessed who it is. This takes place 3-4 monthes after her and Oli split.

I am currently updating my mibba from my I-Pod as the pc specialists I've given my laptop to have had to send it off. So I appologise for my crappy spelling and the enhancement I do on each chapter will probably be done when I have my laptop back.

Oh By the way...There's moments where Tom Sykes is referred to as Scott it's alright I got names mixed up a little so Scott is Tom Sykes- Oli's younger brother who by the way also owns his own clothing line :)

Thanks For reading all the same- sorry it took so long to updats
Robyn xx