Status: Out and About...Work in progress...

Love Remains the Same

New friends

Image

I took a bus 'cause the theatre school was downtown. I got down and stared at the building. It was tall and it looked gloomy.
As I made my way in someone stumbled upon me.

-"Watch it!" He said as he ran by.

"Jerk!" I thought and made my way to the place were the auditions were being held.

I breathed in deeply as I pushed the door open. The room was walled up with mirrors. Several kids were sitting on the floor. I approached and sat down beside some guys, who didnt even give me a glance. Moments later a man came in and presented himself. He was a short guy with a broad, happy face and thin blond hair.

-"Welcome all of you!My name is Bob and I will be the director of this group." He said with a big smile.

He seemed a nice guy, a little over enthusiastic but otherwise ok.

-"Well lets get to know each other all right? I want you to tell me who you are and why are you here."

I rolled my eyes, I hated presenting myself. I grimaced as people stood up and spoke like that was a routine. I sighed silently when it was my turn and stood up.

-"My name is Nicka Parker, I am 17. I attend Huntington High and Im here 'cause I love acting" I said.

-"Ok! Now we'll start this term with a classic play. I hope all fo you are familiar with Hamlet. If you arent I suggest reading it." Said Bob, or shorty, as I made a nickname for him.

-"As all of you are familiar with this school system I suggest we get started!"Shorty said.

I groaned. I was new?Damn. I raised my hand and Bob looked at me.

-"Question?"

-"Well, I just started her, so I dont know how does the school work." I mumbled.

-"You are a newbie?Well. we dont get new ones very often! I an sure the crowd will make you feel more than welcome" He said

I felt all eyes upon me. I hated being the new girl.

-"Why dont you tell us what do you want to be in the play?" Shorty asked, smiling.

-"Umm...Ophelia I guess" I said

-"Well lets get started then!" He replied.

Suddenly there was a bang at the door as 5 guys came hurring in, laughing.

-"Sanders, Sullivan, Haner, Seward and Baker! Late again!" He said

-"Aww come on shorty, you know you love us anyway!" One of the boys said.

So I wasn't the only one calling him shorty. Interesting...

All of them laughed and one of them looked at me. He was tall and lanky, with baby-blue eyes and a mop of black hair.

-"Oh look guys! We have a newbie!" He said

I frowned as they all looked at me.

-"Hey pal!" One of them said. He was short and had a mohawk.

-"Shut up short shit!"Said the one on his left. This guy was slightly shorter than the blue-eyed one with hazel eyes and muscles that could crush a bear. The short guy punched him in the arm, which was pretty ridiculous, considerin he was a head shorter than him.

The guy who had called Bob "shorty" looked at me and asked.

-"Cat got you tongue dude?"

I eyed him, frowning. His hair looked like Sonic the hedgehog.

-"My name is Nicka Parker" I said.

-"Shit! Dude! She's not a guy!She is a girl!" Said the guy who had been standing bedhind the short one. He had sparkling-green eyes and snakebites. He laughed loudly as the others snickered.

-"Jesus Christ boys! Leave her alone. You'll sacer her off!"Bob said as he approached the group.

-"Dont worry shorty! We'll give her a proper greeting!"Blue eyes said.

-"Why don't you give her a tour?"Bob asked"I am sure she will be glad to be familiar with the school"

-"Try no to freak her out!" Warned Bob.

-"She'll be in good hands!" said the green eyed one.

The short guy took my hand and we exited the room. Once we were out Spily hair introduced himself.

-"So, my name's Brian" He said and then he pointed to the hunkie one. "Thats Matt"
The one called Matt waved and kissed me on the cheek.

-"Hey I'm Zacky" The geren eyed said."And this is Johnny, or short-shit"

-"I'm not that short! I'm as tall as her!"Johnny said, standing beside me. I laughed along the others. I immediatly felt comfortable with the group.

-"And this is Jimmy! The most craziest guy in the whole world" Matt said.

-"Hey!" said Jimmy and kissed me on the cheek. The guys gave me a tour and we became friends right away.

-"What are you doing tomorrow?Jimmy asked.

-"Studying."I said

-"Nerdie" He said and smirked.

-"Do you think thew auditioned for Ophelia already?" I asked changing the subject.

-"Dont worry Nicka, they surely waited for you" Matt said and gave me a wink.

When we returned to the auditionig room Bob lead me to the center where severla girls were. I guessed they all wanted to be Ophelia. I was gonna have the part, I know I sound a bit annoying, but I was sure I could get the part easily. I had been acting since I was 7 years old.

The girls were all huddled up, whispering about something. One of them eyed me and raised her eyebrows.

-"Only girls here" She said.

I looked at her and narrowed my eyes.

-"Then maybe you should open you eyes"

She pursed her lips and rolled her eyes.

-"Let me rephrase that. No tomboys here"

-"We'll see about that barbie" I replied.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was dressed in a pair of loose black pants, a Van Halen T-shirt, boots and a cap. My hair barely reached my chin. You could say I looked like a tomboy. But I wasn't gonna give "Barbie" the pleasure. I was gonna get the part no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1 Did you like it? Comments and subsciptions??