Status: Out and About...Work in progress...

Love Remains the Same

Barbecue

Image

My cell's ringing got me up. I looked at the hour and graned. I was going to murder whoever was calling me on Sunday at 9 am.

It was Jimmy.

I answered the phone groggily.

-"Wake up Nicka!" He said merrily.

I groaned.

-"Jasus Jimmy! I could accuse you of harassment. Dont ever wake me up before 11am on Sundays!"

-"You call 9 am early?" He chuckled"Give me you address"

I was still half-asleep, so I gave it to him

-"Wait, why do you need my address?" I asked

-"Surprise!" He said"I'll pick you up in an hour"

-"No Jimmy. I've got homework!" I whined "I can't.."

But the line was already dead.
I got up cursing out loud and headed for the shower, I got dressed with a pair of loose jeans, a Metallica T-shirt. I let my hair loose and went down. My parent were already having breakfast.

_-"Hello sunshine!" My father greeted me.

I hugged him and said hello to my mom who gave me an unpleasant look and mumbled a greeting.

-"Am I missing something?" I asked.

-"Nicka, your mother's worried about you" Dad said.

-"You should be too!'Mom replied.

-"For the tenth time, I dont care how she dresses, or her hair-do That is her way and she has always been a good girl" said my father.

-"She doesn't look like a girl anymore, ever since she got that ridiculous hircut and you let her buy any clothes she wants. She looks like a boy!. Yesterday Mrs Farrell confused her and asked me if I "he" was a guest!"

I snorted with laughter and so did my father. Mom threw us dirty looks.

Not that I dont love my mother, it's just that I have never been her idea of girl. She had always wanted a cute little girl, with makeup, all dressed up in pink clothes. I was a girl all right, but I had never been called cute, except by my dad, I have always hated pink, and I had never put make-up on except for especial events.

I remember one of my first Christmasse's. Because I had made it into the girl's soccer team at my school, my dad had bought me a ball. My mom bought me a Barbie. Since that day she constantly blames my dad for the way I am.

I finished breakfast, brushed my teeth and went utside to wait for Jimmy. He came moments later and I got inside his car.

-"Your parents ok with this?" He asked.

I shrugged "As long asI am home early"

He chuckled and started the engine.

-'So where are we heading?" I asked as he drove.

-"Matt's house. Today's barbecue day"

-"Do you think the guys will be ok with it?" I asked. "I mean I just met them"

-"Dude! It's cool! Dont worry, they already love you" He said and laughed.

-"Dude!...I am not a "Dude" just so you know!" I said.

He laughed and ruffled my head.

We arrived at Matt's shortly. H e was in the garden preparing the barbecue. He greeted me as he saw me and pulled me into a hug.

-"Jasus!" I gasped. "Matt! Can't!...Breathe!"

He laughed showing his dimples and let me go.

-"She's so cute!" He said and ruffled my hair. That was the second time I had my hair messed up in less than half an hour.

-"Dude! Don't do that!" I said trying to flatten my hair.

Jimmy and Matt laughed at me and Matt handed me a beer.

-"No thanks" I said " I'm still underage"

Someone snorted and said "And we'll surely call the cops" It was Brian. "Come on! It wont kill you!" He said.

I smiled and said hello to Zacky and Johnny as they showed up.

-"Are you from around here?" Johnny asked, while we were eating.

-"I have lways lived here" I answered.

-"How come I haven't noticed a girl as pretty as you?" Brian asked.

-"Maybe because you thought I was a boy!" I replied laughing.

-"Boom baby!" Yelled Jimmy.

-"Ouch!" Zacky said, while Matt and Johnny doubled over with laughter.

-"Stop trying to hit on her pal ! " Matt said.

Brian pouted and rolled his eyes.

-"So what do you guys do at theatre school?" I asked after a while.

-"Oh! We help with the music in the plays" Zacky answered.

-"So I'll be seeing you guys often?" I asked

-"Sure thing baby!" Brian said.

-"Shoo Brian! She's my girl!" Said Johnny.

-"No shit Short-Shit! She's already mine. Plus, you have a girlfriend loser!" replied Brian

-"You guys are insane. Nicka's is mine!" Said Jimmy and he picked me up and carried me over his shoulder.

-"Put me down!" I yelled.

-"Can't honey! Im protecting you from these monsters. The could kidnap you!" He said

-"You guys are all crazy!" I said

-"You'll get used to it darling" Brian said.

-"Geez! I probably wont last a day !" I said as Jimmy put me down

-"Who's up for a swim?" Matt asked.

-"Hell yeah!" shouted Zacky and he immediatly took of his shirt.

-"You coming in?" Matt asked, looking at me.

-"No swimsuit buddy!" I said.

He just shrugges as he took of his t-shirt and cannon balled into the pool, splashing everywhere. Brian and Johhny followed him.

-"You have to get in" said Jimmy. He had also taken off his Iron Maiden T -shirt.

-"No way! I'm not going home wet!" I said and crossed my arms.

Jimmy grinned mischiveously, picked me up and ran towards the pool.

-"Get me down!" I yelled "HELP!"

-"Deep breath baby!" he said

I continued yelling as he jumped into the pool and water filled my mouth and nose.

I swam to the surface and got out choking. All of the guys were laughing at me.

-"Really witty guys!" I said, fuming.

-"Welcome to the family baby!" said Jimmy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my awesome readers and to my subscribers(you guys rock!) comments??? subscriptions??? LOVE YOU ALL