Status: Out and About...Work in progress...

Love Remains the Same

Brian

Image

Nicka's phone started ringing and it woke me up. I was grumbling and I heard Nicka saying that someone wanted her to go outside. I guessed it was Jimmy. I stood up and looked at the hour. It was 6 o’ clock in the morning. Who the hell was awake at that hour?

I took Nicka’s hand and we went outside to my balcony, which faced the street. I have to admit that the sight was one of the craziest things ever.

Five guys standing in front of my house, 4 of them with sleepy faces and at least one of them still in Pjs. All of them looking like they wanted to murder Jimmy who I assumed was the tallest. He was the only one dressed up and smiling widely.

Nicka waved at Jimmy and I couldn't hold my laugher. Nicka had this goofy grin on her face I will never forget.

I noticed that all of them were good looking specially one of the guitarists. They took their instruments and began to play.

It was not bad, though not my type of music. Nicka was the one who enjoyed it most. When the music ended we both clapped, laughing at the guys. I wanted to go down to meet the guitar player.

-"Get down here!" Jimmy shouted

We tiptoed through my house praying my mom wouldn’t wake up from all the noise. Nicka introduced me to the boys and went to talk to Jimmy. The other guys started to pick up their stuff and get it in a van. I was left standing there awkwardly. I mentally cursed my best friend.
The cute guitarist smiled at me.

-“Did you like the show?” He asked.

I decided to tell him the truth.

-“I did. Though I’m not really into this type of music” I said

-“So what music are you into? He asked

I answered him and we kept talking until Matt said that if we wanted he could pick us up in an hour or so. Nicka and I decided to skip school. One time wouldn’t hurt. We said goodbye to the boys and went inside to change.

Matt picked us up at 7:30 and I was still sleepy. We got into his tiny car, all seven of us crammed. Nicka was sitting on Jimmy’s lap and I was next to Brian, the cute guitar player. He ignored me at first, so I decided to look out the window at the sky. I felt him staring at me and I looked at him. He gave me a curious stare.

-“What are you looking at?” he asked.

-“Nothing, I said I just like to watch the sky” I replied

-“Why?” He asked, even more curious.

The question surprised me. What type of guy would be interested in knowing why I like the sky?

-“It’s nice” I answered.

-“It is” He agreed.

It felt kind of weird, talking to Brian about the sky, but I enjoyed talking about unimportant stuff.

We got to Matt’s and I got out the car, stretching my legs. The boys immediately ran to the pool, taking off their shirts and shoes in the process.

I looked around searching for Nicka and I saw she was trying to get out of the pool. Jimmy and Zacky were laughing at her attempts.

I realized Jimmy must have thrown Nicka in and I laughed at her.

-“Shut up!” Nicka yelled at me.

-“Nope” I said “I’m still dry and you are not”

-“I’ll get you!” She said

As soon as she finished the sentence a pair of arms held my shoulders. It was Brian. At first I thought he wanted to protect me, but I was wrong. Brian picked me up and started running towards the pool. I tried to get down, but no luck. Another pair f hands grabbed my feet and I was thrown in. The pool was not so deep, but my clothes were heavy and it was difficult to get out.

Nicka laughed at me and we both sat down in the sun.

-“Well, at least it’s a sunny day” I replied.

I wanted to ask her about Jimmy but Johnny called us to get a snack.

Nothing interesting happened all day, but I must say I enjoyed the company. All of the boys were hilarious and absolutely amazing.

After lunch Jimmy and Nicka were talking in the couch and I was helping Brian organize the kitchen mess.

-“Does it bother you?” He asked, breaking the silence.

-“What? Jimmy and Nicka?” I asked

He nodded.

-“No, I mean she is my best friend and I miss the times when it was just girls, but I have never seen her so happy” I said

-“Really? “He asked “I’ve haven’t seen Jimmy this happy, not since…” he trailed off.

-“Since what?” I asked

-“Well, there was this girl, Leana, Jimmy really loved her, but she cheated on him. She fucked Jimmy up pretty badly. He was really hurt. I didn’t think he would forget her so quickly” He said.

-“Well, Nicka is not a cheater” I replied.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and I discovered that Brian wasn’t what he seemed to be. He was weird, but friendly. He could be a little cold and distant, but his smile was warm. Every time I said something he would be interested in knowing why I thought so. He was not an ordinary guy; actually I had never met someone like him before. I really enjoyed his company. Plus, he was fucking gorgeous, and that was a big bonus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Asheigh

hey this is amandap speaking I'll be posting another chapter ..... re posting this was a bummer. Comments and subscriptions??? LOVE YOU ALL MY DEAR READERS....

and if the author of Princess of Arkham is reading this I would really like to get in touch with her/him...

mabeochoa sends all her love