Status: RESTARTING

I Wish I Could Float Away.

009. one nation controlled by the media

It's been two weeks since I was introduced to Alex Gaskarth.

So far so good.

We've been hanging out together almost non-stop for the past two weeks now and I've never felt so comfortable around anyone other then Rian and Zack. I'm planning on seeing if he wants to come for a night out with the three of us soon, I hope he says yes, we could be an awesome foursome.

Does that sound wrong?

Over these past two weeks he's even admitted he feels a lot more comfortable around me. Thank God! As far as I know Alex only has one other friend that knows about his conditions and mental problems I guess. Her names Sierra. She sounds pretty tight but her girlfriend seems like a total bitch. From what Alex has said to me so far she hates him and he hates her. I hope someday I'll meet her and see whether he's just exaggerating, I hope he is. He doesn't deserve to be treated like that by anyone he's misunderstood.

For the first time since I've met him Alex has invited me around to his house for a meal and movie night. I can't wait to see him again. I made him smile and seeing him smile is like seeing fireworks. It makes you jump and still looks gorgeous... Not that I think Alex is gorgeous.

I turned up at his house at half six on the dot and he opened the door slowly and with caution. He smiled when he saw me and let me in. “Hey Jacky!”
“Hey, what's new in the life of you?” I hugged him and then followed him through to his living room.
“Nothing, Just wanted to watch Napoleon Dynamite with someone,” He smirked as he shrugged his shoulders. I shook my head.
“That film is EXTREMELY suckish you know?” I folded my arms. “Do you have any munchies? I'm starving!” Alex sighed and led me through to his kitchen.
“Okay then, what about Gentleman Broncos?” He started to open random cupboard doors. “And foodwise, theres shit loads, Sierra stays here a lot so she stocks up on loads of food. And I mean loads. Even though I don't eat it,”
“What is with you and shitty films?” I grinned and sighed. “I suppose it'll do. By the way, Sierra's my new best friend,” I raided Alex's cupboard and pulled out a box. “She buys lucky charms,” I started to munch on the cereals dry and saw Alex wrinkle his nose up in disgust.
“Sierra buys everything because she eats everything,” He leant on the counter. “This one time, she ate a mouldy apple because she was craving them too much to go to the store,” I stopped eating and put the Lucky Charms back. I jumped up and sat on the counter next to Alex.
“Niiice, Hey, Alex?”
“No, not nice,” He grinned. “Yeah Jack?”
“Sarcasm dude, and can I call you Lex? 'cause I'm too lazy... Plus I can't spell Alex,” I stuck my tongue out.
“Y-yeah I guess...” He stuttered then smirked evilly. “If I get to call you Barakitten?”
“Barakitten? You're kidding right?”

God I truly hate it when people call me that. “I shagged a girl who called me that once. She was a little slutish,”
“Okay. Maybe not.” He began to think again. “Got it! How about Baracrap? I think it suits you,” He giggled slightly before clamping his hand over his mouth.
“How about I call you Sexy Lexy and you call me Barakitten. Then we both have crappy nicknames,” I winked at him and he laughed slightly.
“Yeah,” He rolled his eyes, “Like I'm gonna let you, call me, a guy with a mop for hair, sexy,” I grinned.
“But I like your hair!” I pouted. And began to eat some bread from the bread bin behind me. “HEY! I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A MAKEOVER!” I might have accidentally coated Alex in crumbs. “Whoops, sorry Lex,” I felt my cheeks darken slightly.
“NO! You're not giving me a makeover! I don't need or want one!” He shrugged his shoulders. “If I crunch when I sit down it's your fault!”
“It's bread, you won't crunch. But you might wanna make sure you don't break like a little twig Sexy Lexy,” I grinned and hugged him. I felt him hug me back. “You love me really though,”
“Yeah, of course I love you Jacky,” He looked down at his feet and blushed. He rested his head on my shoulder and didn't let go of me. “I heard myself crunch, don't hug me so tight,” I grinned.
“Sorry, You forgive me though, you always will. I'm just purely irresistible!” I grabbed both sides of his face and kissed his forehead. Don't ask me why I did it I just did! “And I'm adorable,” I pouted. He blushed again.
“Yeah you are, like a kitty cat. Cats are irresistible and easy to forgive. Just like a cat. I love cats,” he sounded kind of awkward.

Then again there is hardly ever a moment when Alex isn't awkward.
“Aw! Is that your way of saying you love me? I love you too little Lexy,” I grinned and he grinned back, “So you wanna curl up and watch a film with the pretty kitty?”
“That's why you're my Barakitten,” I walked into the living room and flopped onto the sofa. I stretched myself out over the whole thing because I'm fat. Problem?
“Put the film on otherwise I'll scratch you!” I smirked. Alex put the movie in but didn't sit down.
“Budge your fat ass,” I didn't budge. “Jaack mooove,” he whined.
“Sit on me, I'm too comfy to move! If you try and move me I'll do nasty things to you. I'm a nice kitten but I'm territorial... Hey that was a big sentence for me!” I tried to look proud of myself. He rolled his eyes at me.

He walked over and lay on me really awkwardly. “How can I get comfy on you without hurting my kitty?” I fake purred and them giggled.
“You're too bony!” I got elbowed accidentally in the chest. “Ouchies! Too late to worry about hurting me now. Just lie down god dammit!” I sighed, “You are the MOST awkward person I know,”
“I thought you said your boner then,” We both laughed. “You deserve it biatch!” He flopped onto me and wriggled until he was comfy. “Okay, I'm comfy now. Fuck you if you're not,” I sighed and relaxed. He smelt like pineapples.
“God you're immature!” I fake rolled my eyes. “And thanks for the concern Lex,” I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled my face into his neck. “Lex? C-Can I ask you something?” He rested his head on my shoulder and his nose tickled my chin.
“What now Jacky? I'm not getting you food if that's what you want,”
“No, I'm not that fat... I was just wondering... urgh this is really awkward. Do you like me?” I bit my lip. I never would have asked one of my fuck buddies that.
“Of course I like you Jack, What do you mean?” He looked up at me. He's adorable when he's confused.
“Um, I mean... Like, like me?” I blushed. “Actually. Just ignore me, I'm just being... Weird,”
“I-I'm not sure, Jack...” There was an essence of awkwardness in the room.

After a little while he continued. “I mean, you make me happy, but I've never really liked someone like I like you...” He went a gorgeous shade of crimson. “Does that make sense?”
“I have no idea...I'm sorry, Maybe I should just go?” I noticed Alex was still blushing.
“No! I want you to stay, Jack, please. I don't want to be alone again,” He looked up at me with puppy dog eyes before burying his face in my neck.
“If you want me to stay I'll stay. But I want alcohol. Is there a shop nearby?” I ran my fingers through Alex's hair.
“Jack, I think I have some in the fridge,” A girl walked in through the door and pressed her finger against her lips.

“Alex! Who's this!?” Alex jumped and I laughed and gripped his hip. Another girl came through the door.
“He's hot,” I assumed these two were Sierra and Tay.
“Si! This is Jack, my, um... Friend,” Alex muttered. Sierra (I presume) raised her eyebrows. “I met him a few weeks ago,”
“Hey,” I grinned at the two girls. “You jumped like, three foot then, Jesus Lex!”
“Sorry Jack,” He snuggled back into me and sighed. Sierra looked at him questioningly.
“Well, hi Jack, I'm Sierra and this is my girlfriend Tay,” Tay grunted and rolled her eyes. So I'm guessing Lex was right. She is a superbitch.
“yeah you're just friend. Bet they're fucking Sierra,” Tay smirked.
“Fuck off Tay before I kick you out,” Alex threatened. His threat was pretty weak though and I squeezed him gently.
“Yeah, like you'll do that shit head,” I can't believe Sierra would let this happen? Alex was her best friend right? Surely she should interrupt. I saw Alex's eyes water and he buried his head in my shoulder.
“Back off him!” I decided to take action. It's not fair for someone to be insecure in their own home! “You're just jealous 'cause Lexy's Sexy,” I stuck my tongue out childishly at her. Alex went red and glared at me. Whilst Sierra laughed.
“Ugh! I can't understand why anyone cares for you Lex! You're a waste of time and space!” Tay stormed out of the room.

“Lex? Do you want me to get you anything? Condom?” Sierra teased. Alex blushed.
“Well shit just got awkward,” I whispered to Alex.
“I'm just kidding. I'm gonna do some shit and I'll be back to check on you Lex. Jeez I sound like your mother!”
“No you don't. My mom doesn't even talk to me anymore, you're nothing like her,” Alex's voice was muffled by my shirt in his mouth.
“Sorry Lex,” Sierra muttered.
“S'okay Si,” he sniffled slighty and I brushed his hair out of his eyes before rubbing his back. Hopefully soothing him.
“You're not going to cry on me are you Lexy? I don't want your snot stains everywhere!” I looked at Sierra and she smiled sympathetically. Alex looked up at me and smiled, he nuzzled my neck with his nose.
“You two are so CUTE! I wish I had a camera!” She looked like she could explode. What is with females and cute things!?!?
“Si! We're trying to watch Gentleman Broncos!” Alex smirked.
“Sorry,” Sierra walked off and did some shit. What exactly I don't know!

“Hey! We got called cute! Maybe we should start snogging to show it off!” I grinned. He looked horrified. “Just kidding Sexy Lexy,” Alex went red and punched me lightly.
“We're watching a movie! You can't talk!” I rubbed my arm and grinned at him.
“Firstly: Ow, Secondly: If you want to do it properly we need popcorn! You silly little wench!”
“Well I'm not getting it!” He shrugged and lay back down again. “Get Sierra to get it!” I shook my head.
“Don't be lazy! Pause it and we'll both go!” I tried to push Alex off me but he wouldn't budge.
“I'm too tired! I'm going to fall asleep on you!” he fake snored and I smirked stroking his head. I yawned for real.
“Not if I fall asleep first, Night Sexy Lexy,” I nuzzled his head gently.
“Oh! It's onnn!” He grinned and kissed my cheek before burying his head in my shoulder. “Night my pretty Barakitty,” I smiled and kissed the top of his head before closing my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I've had to improvise a bit at the beginning. thanks to the mibba spazzle two of our chapters got deleted and my dumb fuck of a best friend(and co-writer) forgot to save hers. It was basically Alex just running down events from his POV and shizzle. We'll be going on a hiatus for a few weeks now because both of us have side projects. Check out our profiles and that. I changed my name... again I'm now sustlecrumbs and roman is hands like houses ! ~Sustlecrumbs(the ever grateful)