Status: A work in progress xD

The Only Exception

Chapter One

Sitting in my old bedroom listening to my IPod and sketching anything that popped into my mind I bit my lip when I realized it was Matt’s eyes, his perfect eyes. Shaking my head I closed my pad and standing shoving it under my mattress as I went.

“Phoenix, Zacky, time for dinner!” My mom yelled.

“Just a minute.” I called back knowing she heard me, pulling my hair into a bun and brushing my hands off onto my shorts I made my way to the kitchen. Grabbing the plates from my mom I quickly set them out along with the cups and silverware.

“So Zoe’s mother called me earlier, saying she was upset. Did you two have a fight or something?” I sighed and sat down in the chair.

“Kind of… Mom, how did you know Dad was your mate? I mean other than the bond thing, because mates can just not work right?” I asked, she stopped stirring the food and turned to look at me.

“Honey, mates are made to be together, being perfect for each other. When I met your father we clicked, even if we hadn’t of been weres and had the bond I believe we would have been together no matter what.” She said with a faraway look on her face and a smile.

“So, it would be selfish of me to say move to Paris and not be with my mate?” I asked in a small voice, though I already knew the answer. Of course it would be.

“Did you find your mate?” She asked coming to sit by me and taking my hands in hers. Looking into her eyes that looked so much like mine; I felt tears well up and my bottom lip tremble.

“Yeah.” My voice cracked as the tears spilled over, pulling me into her arms she hugged me tightly.

“It’s okay honey.” She murmured stroking my hair; after the tears stopped she pulled back and looked to me with a smile. “Now, who is the lucky boy?”

“Matt.” I mumbled wiping my cheeks, her face brightened.

“Matt Sanders?” She asked hopeful, I was confused.

“Um I don’t know his last name; I met him at the beach.”

“What about Matt?” Zacky my little brother asked finally coming into the kitchen, drying his hair on a towel.

“Phoenix found her mate.” Mom said smiling; Zacky’s towel fell to the floor as his mouth gaped open.

“You’re shitting me.”

“Watch your mouth Zachariah Grey!” Mom scolded but no one paid attention to it.

“What is so special about him?” I asked standing up, hearing the front door open I stopped when I smelled the most amazing scent in the world.

“Hey honey.” Mom said getting up to great my Dad, but I was too busy looking at the person behind him.

“Hello love, kids. Oh Phoenix I would like you to meet Alpha Matt Sanders.” Dad said with a giant smile stepping aside. Looking into Matt’s eyes I noticed his widen, before what my Dad had said clicked. He was the Alpha? Fuck.

My vision went black and I felt myself falling.