Status: A work in progress xD

The Only Exception

Chapter Two

Feeling ice cold water being poured on my face I jumped up.

“Zachariah!” Hearing Mom’s voice I looked around and noticed a small group of people around me, including Matt.

“Are you okay sweetheart?” My Dad asked; I nodded before standing.

“I’m going to go change.” I mumbled before taking off to my room, closing the door I made a beeline to my stereo and turned up A7X Almost Easy. Going to my still packed up clothes and I pulled out a pair of jeans and hoodie, throwing those onto my bed I took off my shirt and was working on my shorts when I felt a breeze of my door opening. Turning around I gasped when I noticed Matt standing there. “Excuse you, can you please leave? I’m trying to change!” I yelled out over the music. Ignoring me he came in a closed the door, his once green eyes almost ice blue I gulped and reached for my shirt. His growl stopping me in my tracks.

“Don’t move; I’m trying to control myself.” He growled out making my breath suck up back inside of me. Closing his eyes I had time to look him over; seeing his fists clinched tightly, lowering my gaze even further to let out a gasp and stumbled back against my bed noticing his rather larger… friend standing up at attention. “I said don’t move.”

“Sorry Alpha.” I whispered meekly, bowing my head with respect. Next thing I know I was pressed against his chest his face in the crook of my neck.

“You’re so beautiful, and mine. All mine.” His voice was so husky, sucking me in slowly.

“Whoa; sorry Alpha, but you two are missing dinner.” Zacky said coving his eyes and backing out closing the door. As if breaking a spell we pulled apart and I grabbed my shirt pulling it on quickly.

“I am sorry about that Nix; I don’t know what come over me.” Matt said running his fingers through is messy hair. ‘Did I do that?’ I thought.

“It’s okay.” I didn’t know what else to say, what could I?

“Listen, I want to take this slow.” Snapping my head up I looked into his eyes.

“What makes you think I want this?” His eyes held so much pain after that statement that I couldn’t look at him anymore.

“What do you mean want this? Are you rejecting me?” His voice, it made me want to cry with how sad it sounded.

“No… I don’t know. I wasn’t planning on finding my mate okay! This was just supposed to be a fun summer before I leave to Paris.”

“You’re leaving?” Sighing I gave in and turned to face him, sitting down on my bed. Running my hands over my face I tried to get rid of the oncoming head ache.

“I don’t really know anymore.” Feeling him come to me and squat down, he grabbed my chin making me look him in the eyes.

“I swear to you Phoenix that I will be everything you need, and… if you can’t see that by the end of the summer I’ll let you go. But please, just give me a chance to prove to you that being with me can be just as amazing as going to Paris.” Biting on my bottom lip I thought about it before nodding.

“Okay.” I swear his smile couldn’t have gotten any bigger before he pulled me into a hug. Feeling the tingles run through my body I thought. ‘What have I gotten myself into?’

<(o.O<) <(O.O)> (>O.o)>

Waking up the next morning I took a quick shower before getting ready in a pair of skinny jeans and a hot pink Asking Alexandria shirt and pink converse with leopard print laces. Leaving my waist long hair down after drying and brushing it out; I added some eyeliner and was ready for the day. Grabbing my wallet and stuffing it into my back pocket, grabbed my keys and taking my cell and dialing Zoe’s number I left my room and was making a bee line to the front door hoping no one stopped me.

“Phoenix, could you come here for a minute sweetie?” Mom called from the dining room, Zoe had also picked up then too.

“I’ll call you right back.” I said before hanging up and going towards the dining area.

“Yes ma’am?” I asked leaning against the door jam.

“I just wanted to know how it went with you and Matt?” She asked with a large smile.

“Fine, we’re testing out the summer, now I need to go Zoe is expecting me.” I said quickly, she nodded.

“Have fun, call me later.” Blowing her a kiss I replied.

“Will do love you!” Slamming the front door closed I went to my car, it was my baby. Getting in and starting it I called Zoe back.

“Ello pumpkin.” She answered.

“Hey, I’m on my way. Meet me outside in five.”

“Will do, love ya.”

“Love ya too.” Hanging up I put in my Black Veil Brides CD and turned up Rebel Love Song.
Pulling up in front of Zoe’s place I waved to her parents as she got into the car.

“No matter how many times I see your car I want it.” Zoe said buckling up.

“Maybe one day I’ll let you drive it, maybe.” I laughed, she was the worst driver ever.

“Oh screw you. So are we meeting everyone at the mall or beach?” She asked messing with my CD collection.

“Mall, and woman you better not change this song.” I said with a fake glare. It was Die For You, one of my favorites.

“Geeze, don’t kill me with that look. I’m changing it after the song.”

“Good monkey.” After the song I reluctantly let her change it to Greeley Estates; Secret. After another twenty minutes we finally made it to the mall.

“Nix, Zoe finally!” Lillian yelled out when we made it to the food court.

“Sorry, someone wanted to take the long way.” Zoe said glaring in my direction.

“Hey! Not my fault I haven’t been here in ages!” I replied back.

“Anyway, Nix; this is my mate Adam.” Samantha said wrapping her arm around a guy who looked really familiar, I think he noticed.

“I’m Matt’s little brother.” I made an oh face before shaking his hand.

“Nice to meet you.”

“And this is Jess, my mate.” Lillian stated pulling up a guy with short black hair and brown eyes.

“Hey.” He said giving the whole guy head nod thing.

“Hi.” I gave a small wave before looking around. “Where is Abby?” Abby was my brothers mate.

“Oh her and Zach had a date thing, she said she’d meet up with us later.” Sam stated before kissing her man on the cheek. “Okay guys, let us be.” After the boys left we decided to go look around at everything we could.

<(o.O<) <(O.O)> (>O.o)>

Falling onto Lillian’s couch I sighed and stated. “I am never going shopping again.” We had just spent the last five hours looking around and getting things. Feeling my phone vibrate I pulled it out and noticed a number I didn’t recognize. “Hello?”

“Hey it’s Matt.” Standing up I went to the bathroom and closed the door behind me, only Zoe knew he was my mate so I didn’t want to cause a scene just yet.

“Hey, um how did you get my number?” I asked sitting on the counter, swinging my legs back and forth.

“Oh, uh Zach gave it to me last night before I left.”

“Ah.” There was a pause before he asked.

“Would you like to go to the beach with me tonight? There is this bone fire and everyone is going so I was just kind of thinking-.” Cutting him off I giggled and answered.

“Yeah, I’d like that.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes, but I’m kind of having a girls day so can I call you back later?” I was twirling my hair and biting my bottom lip.

“Sure! Want me to pick you up or what?”

“I’ll just meet you there, I have my car with me.”

“Sweet, well talk to you later Nix.”

“Bye.” I couldn’t stop the smile popping onto my face as I hung up, opening the door Lillian, Zoe, Sam, and Abby stumbled in.

“So who was that?” Abby asked with a smile, a smile that she already knew. Oh I am going to kill my brother!

“Matt.” Zoe squeaked before pulling me into a hug.

“I told you so!” Abby said pointing to Sam who rolled her eyes and handed over some money.

“Wait, I’m lost what is going on?” Lillian asked looking around to everyone.

“Matt is Nix’s mate!” Was the only thing I heard before I was bombarded with hugs and shrieking in my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
if anyone wants to know what everyone looks like here are the links :D
Girls
Guys