Bunny House

Chapter 4: Caught!

-JongUp P.O.V-

~ few minutes prior ~

We watched YongGuk storm up the stairs.

Wow… that guy had no patience…

“Zelo… are you okay kiddo?” Asked Himchan as Zelo sat down in his seat and slouched, picking at his food with his chopsticks.

“Yeah…” He said weakly. “ I thought he was going to punch me for a second there” He laughed and looked up at us.

“What do you think he’s going to do?” Asked DaeHyun worried, staring at the stairs.

“Nothing.” Laughed YoungJae, “He will drown in his pride again, as usual.” He finished before getting up to put his plate in the sink.

There was hammering on the door upstairs.

“YAH! REDHAIRED DEMON! OPEN UP!”

The guys laughed.

I smiled to myself.

“Can you not do that!? It’s creepy!” Yelled Himchan before I realized he was staring at me.

“Sorry,” I said and went to put my dishes in the sink.

“Good evening boys!” said manager cheerfully.

When did he walk in?

We all rose and bowed. He put his things down and looked around the house.

“Where’s ____-ah?…. and YongGuk?” He questions.

“Upstairs…” We all said in unison.

“Together?” He asked with a funny expression.

“YAH! PERVERT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!?” yelled ____ from upstairs.

Everyone exchanged looks.

I was on my way to the stairs before I knew what I was doing.

“What is…” The manager asked following me.

“They’re gonna kill each other!” sighed Himchan

“Yah! CAN YOU NOT HIT! YAH!” YongGuk yelled

“Just… Stop! LISTEN! YOU REDHAIRED DEMON!”

Thud.

Moments later all of us were on our feet, reading towards the room.

When the doors opened we found something I personally thought I wouldn’t see, well at least not any time soon.

YongGuk was on top of ___… why does this feel like déjà vu?

“ BANG YONGUK GET OFF RIGHT NOW!” I yelled.

Wait why did I yell?

Before I could say anything else DaeHyun stormed into the room and was pulling YongGuk up. He pushed him onto ___’s bed.

“YAH WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!? WHEN I SAID APOLOGIZE I DIDN’T MEAN IT THAT WAY!” Yelled Zelo and stormed out of the room.

“Guys it’s not what you…” YongGuk began, he suddenly looked tiered and… frustrated.

“What were you two doing?” Asked manager looking from YongGuk to ____

“He came into my room to apologize. I waked in. Misunderstood. Hit him with the towel. He tried to stop me. We fell.” Explained ____ roughly as she picked up the towel off the ground and put it over her head.

“Oh.” I said flatly.

It felt like weight was lifted off my chest. Wait… what?!

-YOUR P.O.V-

Well this was award…

“So… you guys aren’t fighting?” Asked uncle Lee looking me directly in the eye.

I laughed.

“No uncle, we’re alright. It was a misunderstanding. YongGuk would never do that to me, he’s very kind.” I said plastering a smile on my face that I thought was convincing enough.

My uncle paused for a second and then checked his watch.

“Alright, well I have to run guys. I’ll see you all in a week or so. I have a meeting to fly to.” And with that he was gone.

It took me a while to realize that the guys were… still in my room… staring at me.

“I wonder if Zelo’s okay.” Muttered Himchan as he took a seat in the chair by my desk. I raised my eyebrow as the others, too, got comfortable.

JongUp staid in the doorway and sighed, “someone should go talk to him… He’s probably in the workout room.” His eyes met mine and I nodded.

“I’ll go check…” I said and headed out the door.

Heading down the hall I heard footsteps behind me and then a hand on my wrist.

“___-ah… I’m” Said YongGuk in a deep voice. When I turned around he was looking at the floor.

“It’s alright. Like I said before, it was misunderstanding.” I said and smiled. Slipping my hand out of his I walked down the stairs.

“Oh! YongGuk!” I yelled hoping he was still there. To my surprise he came running to the railing with his eyes wide open, staring at me.

“Yeah?!”

“Where’s the gym….”

-Zelo P.O.V-

I sat on the bike in the workout room with my head down.

This was not a good day at all… I yelled at my hyung and threw toast at me… although I have to admit… that was kind of fun…

He had no right to be so rude to ___-ah, she’s probably having a hard time adjusting to living with us… and he goes on and does… that!

I ruffled my own hair in frustration “AUSH!”

What was wrong with me?

“Wow… you guys have a workout room too? I love it here already.” Said a bright female voice. When I looked up I saw ___ with a towel over her head and a bright smile on her face as she looked up.

“_____- nuna, what are you doing here?” I asked and got to my feet.

“Just came to see if you were alight.” She said and smiled at me. Dimples formed on her cheeks and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Yeah, I’m okay” I replied and sat back down.

“Are you okay though? Did YongGuk- hyung…” I began but she stopped me by ruffling my hair.

“It was a misunderstanding, we fell. He was trying to apologize.” She said and turned around to the exit.

“Why don’t we go back? You have a schedule tomorrow right? You should rest.” She said and looked back at me, offering her hand.

I nodded and took her hand, “Yeah.” Was all I managed to say, she pulled me into a hug and my lungs felt like they imploded.

“Thanks for worrying kiddo.” She said and let me go, ruffling my hair again.

“Y-yeah.” Was all I could say… and with that we walked up to the dorms again.

-YongGuk P.O.V-

The house was quiet again. Everyone was sleeping… except me…

DAMN IT!

I lay awake in my bed, staring at the sealing.

“He came into my room to apologize. I waked in. Misunderstood. Hit him with the towel. He tried to stop me. We fell.” She had lied to her uncle…

“No uncle, we’re alright. It was a misunderstanding. YongGuk would never do that to me, he’s very kind.” Did she mean that?

Stupid Red-haired Devil… she was getting to me!

I sat up. I’m gonna go walk… maybe then sleep will come, it though and walked out the room without waking Himchan up.

I made my way down the stairs and saw light. Someone was watching TV.

Quietly I crept up to the couch to see a mass of red hair, tilted to one side.

“She-de…. I mean ___-ah?” I asked quietly. No response.

I walked up closer.

“Yah…” I said gently

Nothing.

- -“…. thickheaded girl.

I made my way around the couch and sat down beside her.

She had a white blanket wrapped around her and her head tilted to one side.

So she was watching TV and fell asleep… I though.

She looked really uncomfortable though… I should… no I couldn’t… I argued with myself in my head.

I looked around and effortlessly scooped her into my arms.

She was lighter than I expected.

I felt her head loll and then stop against my chest. Quietly and as gently as I could I carried her up to her room.

You owe me one red-haired demon… I thought to myself as I quietly opened the door to her room with my back.

Gently I placed her down on the bed and pulled the cover over her. Her hair was a mess around her pillow that kind of made her look like a sleeping beauty… with red hair… and a demonic personality… - -“

I sat down on her bed and looked around her room. She still hasn’t unpacked her stuff.

Lowering my head I stared at the ground… I can’t believe she lied to her uncle for me… she said I was kind…

I glanced at her sleeping face.

She was… something…

I smiled to myself and got up

After reaching the door I looked back and saw something glisten on her cheek again…

“Hyung?” I heard someone whisper behind me…

I turned around and my eyes widened… caught…!