‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Apologies.

Jayden's Point Of View

For once, I thanked mother nature for being on my side. The sounds of birds chirping, wind blowing and the leaves rustling against the branches were soothing sounds over lapping the silence between Abby and I. I looked at the corner of my eye seeing her playing with the PowerAde cap she brought along. A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I was thinking on how I should start this.

"Abby, I-"

"I'm sorry" she cut me off and then apologized. I was then about to say something else, but she then lift up a finger silently telling me she wanted to continue.

"I'm sorry for my unnecessary outburst back at Luke's, saying that you aren't my best friend anymore. The thing is though, I need my best friend. I've been a wreck these past couple of days and it's not only affecting me, but everyone else also. Including you. So I'm sorry for my childish ways that I've been acting"

I was beyond speechless. I didn't see why she had to apologize, when she had every right to yell at me.

"Abby, don't even say you're sorry. I'm the one that should be apologizing. I kept a secret that you should have known from the beginning I found out. It's just that you looked so happy every time you were with the guy. Why would I want to ruin my best friends happiness?" I questioned.

"Well honestly I'd rather be single and depressed from knowing the truth instead of being in a relationship filled with lies"

I nodded my head, understanding where she was coming from. I pulled up a seat next to her and just starred at her. At this moment, it was as if we were having a starring contest. If I was an artist, I could have painted millions of pictures of Abby's face. I memorized every detail about her features. Especially her dimples and eyes. They were so mesmerizing that I didn't know she started giggling and poking my cheeks.

"Jay, what are you starring at?"

"Uh nothing.. so uh, are we friends again?"

She quirked an eyebrow, "No of course were not friends!"

I frown, taken aback from her answer till a silly smile formed on her perfect face.

"Were best friends"

"I want to say thank you also" I said.

"For what?"

"For sticking up for me to Janice. I heard she was making fun of me, yet you stood up for me. Can't thank you enough"

She wrapped her arms around my torso, pulling me into a hug. I then wrapped my arms around her neck as I secretly inhaled her hair scent. Call me creepy, but strawberries smelled good on her. I didn't know how long we were like this, but I was making every minute count by her being in my arms.

"Kids! I made some after school snack! It'll be on the kitchen table!" Aunt Val called from inside the house. Not that I was blaming her for ruining the moment, but Abby being in my arms was the best feeling in the world.

Although we separated, she grabbed my hand and we made our way inside the house towards the kitchen. We saw two plates of spaghetti and glasses of cokes on the table, just from the sight of it made my stomach growl. We sat down and began eating, comfortable silence laying upon us. Well aside from our Dad's and Uncle's yelling at the T.V. screen from playing Call Of Duty, it was still good. And of course, leave it to Uncle Jimmy to pop out of nowhere and scaring the shit out of us.

"Yay! You two are socializing! We all one big happy family again?!" he asked. Well more likely screamed.

Abby laughed, wiping some spaghetti sauce before answering.

"Yes Uncle Jimbo, we're a big happy family"

"Success! Now give me some food, I'm starving!" He grabbed both our plates and ran out of the kitchen, laughing like a maniac. Typical Jimmy Sullivan move.

We soon finished off our drinks and headed towards the living room where everyone was lounging at. Uncle Matt and Uncle Johnny were in a heated game with the constant cursing and angry veins popping out of their necks. It's actually quite entertaining.

"Fuck this shit! I quit!" Uncle Johnny complained, setting down the headphones and controller. From the looks of it, his player kept getting shot multiple times from Uncle Matt. Until Abby grabbed the controller and set the headphones on her head.

"Woohoo! Baby Sanders is going to kick some Daddy Sanders ass!" My Dad cheered.

Whoever said that girls playing video games was a turn on.. Well you're fucking right.

"Load that shit and shoot from behind!" Abby shouted into her piece. Apparently whoever her partner was, is going to be hearing a lot of not so pretty words.

"She's definitely Matt's baby" Aunt Lacey commented, making everyone laugh.

I just wish someday she was my baby.

Abby's Point Of View. Time Lapse: One Month Later

Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
That's what makes you beautiful


My god. What'd I'd do to make Harry Styles my future husband..

I blame my Mom for changing the radio station one day and somehow this song came up. Five foreign guys that has melodic voices were heaven. I wasn't really the type for Pop boy bands, but such a simple song could melt my heart in a second.

"For the love of Johnny Christ, not you too!"

I turned around, seeing the guys with cheesy grins on their faces. I gave out an innocent smile and started dancing in a circle around them.

"Baby girl, if you keep doing that you're going to make your Uncle Jimmy-"

Too late.

Uncle Jimmy joined me dancing around the guys and singing our hearts to One Direction. As random as this may seem, I was in complete bliss. This moment that was filled with laughs, smiles and love couldn't get any better.

The doorbell soon rang, signaling that someone was here. How I heard it through the blaring music was beyond me. The so called bliss moment was soon ruined when the music was shut off. I glared at the culprit, Uncle Johnny who unplugged the stereo with my hardening eyes.

"You've got a visitor babe"

I gave him a questioning look before going to the front door where my Dad was with a hardened look that seem he was containing his anger. I looked at the women who was at the front door. She was wearing a business gray suit that you would typically see lawyers wear and all that jazz. Main thing was that both her wardrobe and make up was complete utterly boring.

"Are you Miss Abigail Sanders?" She asked. The way she talked held so much authority made her even sound boring.

"Yes I am. And who might you be?"

"My name is Meredith Miller. I'm a social worker that works with Huntington Police Department. I've been hired to look for you, to be brought upon a Ms. Kathy Green"

My heart just skipped a beat. Is it possible to get paler when your skin is already pale? Because I believe that my face just completely drained of color. I felt my knees weakened that I gripped onto my Dad's arm for support.

"K-kathy Green?" I stuttered. She merely just gave a nod.

I looked over at my Dad, seeing the same hardening look he had on.

"That's my mother" I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Duuuuuuun! What do ya'll think about this twist? I promise the next chapter that it will have arguments! I didn't edit this, so if it sounds weird then I apologize.

I'd like to thank for those who commented:
Spoileddxbrat
shortygirl
andrea weekes
Nightmaire
CrazyPebbles21

More comments equals faster updates!

Subscribe.Comment.Enjoy!