‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Cat Fight.

Abby's Point Of View

"Great report Abigail, best one I've read so far"

"Thank you Mr. Stern"

I happily grabbed my essay about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. I looked over my grade and smiled even more when I received an 'A'. I carefully put it in my folder and shoved everything else in my bag. The bell soon rang, it was now after school.

Thank god it was Friday which meant no volleyball practice and the weekend coming along. I made my way over to my locker to put my text books away seeing as I had no homework, when I saw a familiar figure waiting against it.

"Miss Sanders, your chariot awaits in the parking lot"

I giggled. "Jayden, you're so weird"

"I didn't say I was normal" he smirked.

"Yeah yeah. Let me just put some of these in my locker and we can head home"

It's been exactly three days since that social worker showed up randomly at my house about my mother claiming she wants me back. As soon as I broke down, my Dad slammed the door in front of her face and yelled out 'Get off my property!'. Although she left without a word, we knew she was coming back sooner or later. I preferred never though. Who does she think she is just showing up out of nowhere? Right when everything was perfectly great, something has to ruin it. I wasn't going to let this affect me though.

Right when I was about to close the door, it slammed by itself that it made me gasp. My soon horrid face turned into a sour one from the source of my locker slamming.

Luke.

"What do you want Luke? I don't want to talk to you" I grumbled.

I tried walking pass him, till I felt a tug on my arm. I glared at Luke, not wanting to deal with any of his bullshit.

"Let me go" I sneered.

He finally released my arm gently, but still had a slight grip on it.

"Abby, just hear me out. I know you're mad at me and never want to see my face-"

"That is correct"

"But I'm your partner for the big show case for Music Class"

My jaw dropped at this sudden information. There was no way that my douche bag ex-boyfriend was going to perform with me. Sure Luke sang a little, it was one of the perks as to why I was head over heels with him. That was the past and the present as of right now, I just wanted to punch him in the face!

"What are you talking about?" Jayden asked.

Clearly from him facial expression, he wasn't all too thrilled either at the mention of Luke performing with us.

"Mr. Burns said that I'll be joining your group. I missed a couple days of school when he announced who's partnering up. The others already had enough people in their group, so he assigned me to yours" he explained.

Damn it. I forgot that other periods could combine with others. I looked over at Jayden, still seeing an angry look on his face. As much as I hated it, I can't disobey the teacher.

"Come over our house tomorrow around noon. We'll think of something" I said.

He merely nodded and I took that as an opportunity to leave. Jayden soon caught up with me and I didn't have to look at him again knowing that he had a very questioning look.

"What the hell was that about Abby?!"

"What? He's in our group, so might as well start cooperating"

"You know he was lying. He could have gone to any other group to perform with, but no! He chooses to be with you. It's quite obvious he wants you back"

"There's no way he wants me back after that incident at his house. Besides, I'd never take him back. Once a cheater, always a cheater"

He seemed to leave the conversation at that. We made our way over to his car which wasn't that hard to find. Jayden unlocked the doors and soon we made our way in where afterwards the engine came to life. We soon made our way out of the parking lot, where we were faced with heavy traffic due to some construction work. Stupid traffic.

"Wake me up when we get home Jay" I said, closing my eyes and leaning my head against the cold glass window.

What felt like hours, was actually half an hour. I felt my shoulder being shaken as my eyes fluttered open to the familiar driveway. But soon came face to face with an unfamiliar car. It was a 2009 Silver Audi. I looked at Jayden with a questioning look and he seemed to have the same expression. We made way into the house only to find the living room empty.

"Were home!" I shouted, slipping off my shoes by the door.

"Were in the kitchen!" Mom yelled back.

"Sorry were late, there was traffic and-"

I stopped short from seeing yet again that damn social worker lady, only to be accompanied by another women. She had jet black hair, piercing brown eyes that were shaped into an almond size, and pale skin. Although I couldn't tell how tall she was considering she was sitting down. An uncomfortable feeling in my stomach was starting to form as the women kept starring at me. She seemed oddly familiar, yet I haven't seen her in my life.

"What's going on?" I asked. I made my way between Mom and Dad as an empty seat was there.

"Good evening Miss Sanders. I'd like to personally introduce to you, Kathy Green.. Your biological mother"

My breath hitched in my throat. I looked around the table in each of my family members faces, seeing the exact same thing; sympathetic faces. My eyes soon landed on Kathy. She was sitting directly in front of me, just staring at me. Now that I got a full view of her, I could see tiny bits of facial features I've inherited. Other than that, she was still a complete stranger to me.

"Uh hello Ms. Green-"

"Oh nonsense with the formal names Abigail, call me Kathy" she interrupted me.

"I don't know what your business is, and frankly I don't give a damn what your business is. But what I would highly appreciate is me escorting you out the front door and never returning here again" I simply responded.

Silent chuckles were being heard as I saw Uncle Jimmy and Uncle Johnny trying to contain there laugh.

"I had a feeling negativity was coming my way"

"Oh then you thought right, Kathy. You think that I was going to be a happy chipper from seeing your face after being nonexistence for the past, oh I don't know, 16 years?!" I snapped.

I didn't notice that my hands were trembling till I slammed my fists on the table.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST WALTZ IN HERE LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED?! THE FIRST SEVEN YEARS OF MY LIFE I'VE BEEN TRAPPED IN A HELL HOLE ORPHANAGE WHERE NO KID WANTED TO BE MY FRIEND! THE ONLY FRIENDS I'D EVER HAD WAS A TEDDY FUCKING BEAR! THESE PEOPLE TOOK ME IN AFTER BEING TRAPPED IN THERE! THEY LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY SINCE DAY ONE! WHENEVER I WAS SAD, THEY WERE THERE FOR ME. WHENEVER I WAS MAD, THEY WERE THERE FOR ME. THEY NEVER LEFT MY SIDE AND THEY WON'T EVER! YOU MAY GIVEN BIRTH TO ME AND BE MY BIOLOGICAL MOTHER, BUT THAT'S ALL YOU'LL EVER BE! BECAUSE MY REAL MOTHER IS VALARY SANDERS AND I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART! ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE!"

By this time, tears were flowing down rapidly down my face. I could feel my whole face turn red from all the anger and my body trembling a bit from all the adrenaline pumping through my veins. The kitchen was complete total silence. The only noise that could be heard was my heavy breathing that I was desperately trying to control. Shock, just pure shock was written over Kathy's face from my outburst. I didn't blame her though, I haven't yelled or screamed at anyone out of anger. But this was different. I had a really good reason to yell.

"I-I don't know what to say.." she started off.

"Of course you fucking don't! You haven't spoken a word to me for 16 years, what makes a damn difference now? I don't care how much you're paying people to find me and shit, but I know I'm not seeing your face anytime soon after this. And if you think otherwise, you've got another thing coming lady!"

I think this time she felt defeated as she just shut her mouth and let her head hung low.

"Get out of my house" Mom murmured.

This made Kathy's head snap up and fury was soon drawn into her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"Did I stutter? Get out of my fucking house!"

"Val? Is it not? Look, you may have my daughter, but this isn't over. You may have her under custody, but not until she's mine again"

I cringed. The thought of leaving my family and moving in with a stranger who claims to be my mother is pretty frightening.

"YOU BITCH!"

Mom got up and lunged her petite body across the kitchen table and tackled Kathy. Screams and curses were being thrown all over the place as they tried separating the cat fight women. Every now and then, some dish would shatter only making my Mom more angry as her precious cooking ware was being destroyed. I was currently star struck that I remained behind the counter and was chewing on an apple. I should be helping my Mom off Kathy, but I feel like she's winning. And plus I just wanted to see Mom beat the crap out of her.

You would think that with five strong men, they could separate two women.. Well when it came to Valary DiBenedetto Sanders, I don't think so. Finally, Dad got Mom off and Uncle Jimmy grabbed Kathy's waist and was walking towards the front door, Miss Social Worker following behind.

"This isn't over!"

Was the last thing I heard before the door slammed shut. I sighed, setting the apple down and going through the cabinets and seeing the First Aid Kit. I grabbed it and made my way over to the couch in the living room, seeing my Mom stressed out. She only had a few scratches on her face. The only thing that was bleeding were her knuckles.

"Damn Momma, you must've threw some pretty hard punches if your hands are bleeding" I stated.

I gave the First Aid Kit to Aunt Michelle as she went to go assist her sister in need.
It hurt to see my Mom cringe every time some alcohol would be dabbed on her cuts. I couldn't help but think that this entire thing was my fault. I didn't know why, but I felt like it was.

"Baby, why are you crying?" Mom asked.

I felt my cheeks and surely enough, I felt the salt water dripping down my chin. I hadn't realize I was crying till I choked on a sob. Ignoring Aunt Michelle's protests to clean her face, Mom made her way over to me and wrapped her arms around me. I continued to cry on her chest as the water works just kept coming.

"Shh, it's okay baby girl. Mommy won't let anything happen to you"

I wanted to believe her I really do, but I felt something even worse was going to happen. I just ignored the feeling and wrapped my arms tighter around her. I didn't know how long I must've been crying, but I was so exhausted that I ended up sleeping in my Dad's lap.

If only when I woke up, it would all be a dream. Who am I kidding? Reality was kicking my ass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longest chapter I've written so far, I just had to update! Please tell me what you think and stuff :) some idea's in upcoming chapters would be highly recommended as I'm about to hit writers block soon. And again, I haven't edited this so if any common errors I apologize.

Thank you to those who commented:
Spoileddxbrat
GirlWithNoSoul
andrea weekes
CrazyPebbles21
shortygirl

I know there are more of you out there reading this story! Please no silent readers :)

Subscribe.Comment.Enjoy!