‹ Prequel: A New Beginning
Status: ACTIVE.

Till the End

Happy Thanksgiving!

Abby's Point Of View

A Few Months Later..

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING BABY SANDERS!!"

"Happy Thanksgiving Uncle Jimbo!"

We both hugged each other tightly till we suddenly lost our balance and fell down against the floor. I laughed at Uncle Jimmy for holding me tightly, even though we were still laying on the floor.

"Uncle Jimmy! Let go of me!"

"Never!"

"Daddy! Uncle Jimmy tied me up with chains and is holding me hostage!" I yelled.

"Jimmy! Let her go, she has to help prepare dinner!" Dad yelled back. Well thanks Dad, for not rescuing me..

"Alright, alright" He finally released me and got up to lend a helping hand. I gladly accepted it and we began making our destination towards the kitchen downstairs.

"Thanks for rescuing me Daddy, being held hostage is the best thing ever!" I cheered sarcastically.

"Sorry baby, but you know my weakness is your Mom's cooking" he said, about to grab a chicken wing when suddenly it was smacked by a spatula.

"Matthew Charles Sanders! No eating till dinner time" Mom scolded.

Uncle Jimmy and I snickered till Daddy gave us a look.

"So what do I do, Daddy?" I asked, going behind the counter.

"I believe your Mom said to peel and smash the potatoes here" He replied, going towards the stove and turning off the pot where none other than potatoes were boiling.

I dumped the water from the pot into the sink and took the potatoes out carefully to let it cool off a bit. While waiting for them to cool off, I looked around the kitchen to see everyone else doing a task. Mom and the other Aunties were setting up the table and decorating mini crafts around the kitchen. Uncle Brian and Uncle Zacky were BBQ the grill with Hamburgers and Hotdogs while Uncle Johnny and Jayden were preparing the turkey. And last but not least Uncle Jimmy and Daddy, along with the Berry twins were preparing other food and drinks.
I felt the potatoes and they were warm enough for me to hold them while I peel the skin off.

Fifteen minutes later they were smashed and ready to go. I brought the bowl to the table where all the other delicious foods were placed upon. I turned around only to bump into Auntie Michelle's baby bump.

"Oh crap! I'm so sorry!" I panicked, cooing the tiny baby bump that was forming.

She giggled, "It's okay Abby, nothing to worry about"

"Are you sure Aunt Michelle?! I didn't hurt my baby cousin, did I?!"

"Of course not, stop worrying yourself darling" She kissed my forehead and took a seat at the table. Aunt Michelle and Uncle Brian wanted the gender of the baby to be a secret till she gave birth, I didn't mind though. I like surprises! As long as my baby cousin is healthy, I'm good with that.

I looked around and everyone were starting to bring in the food and drinks already. I took my seat between Mom and Dad and waited till everyone began to take their seat.

"Alright everyone, before we dig in I think it would be best for each of us to say something of what were thankful for" Daddy said. We all agreed and suggested that he would go first.

"I'm thankful for having not only a wonderful wife and daughter, but for having the best band members as my brothers. Throughout the years, it has not only been a challenge, but a journey of success"

"I'm thankful for living the luxury life with my wife and soon to be daughter or son" Uncle Brian said rubbing Aunt Michelle's belly. "And also to have a supporting family by my side no matter what".

"I'm thankful for everything, I don't have any regrets and can't wait till another chapter in my life begins" Aunt Michelle said.

"I'm thankful for being in the most dysfunctional family ever and having a loving wife by my side" Uncle Johnny said.

"I'm thankful for having great friends that support me through all my rough times and my mini man to love me unconditionally" Aunt Lacey said.

"I'm thankful for having the best friend/karate master/duck lover for a husband and no other family can replace the loving people in front of me" Aunt Leana said.

"I'm thankful to have a sexy wife, the best brothers and sisters and most of all, to have the best niece and nephew in my crazy life" Uncle Jimmy said.

"I'm thankful to be a part of this crazy, loving family of ours and to have my wife and son be my rock my entire life" Uncle Zacky said.

"I'm thankful for having the best parents to love and support me no matter what, having Uncles and Aunt's to be my other parents when I need advice and to have Abby as the best friend that anyone could ever have" Jayden said.

"I'm thankful for having crazy friends, a crazy family that's filled with love and joy" Aunt Gena said.

"I'm so very thankful to have friends and family that has not only helped me through my troubles, but to love and support me through my success. To have a loving husband and a loving daughter is such a huge bonus for me and I wouldn't want to change it no matter what" Mom said.

It was finally my turn, as all eyes were on me now.

"I'm so so so thankful for not only having an amazing family, but to be very blessed to be placed upon this family. I thank God everyday for having a family like no other. To have a best friend by my side through my ups and downs. And most importantly to have two loving parents to love me every day that's filled with only positive vibes. I love you guys so much" I looked around the table as a small tear escaped from my eye.

"We love you too Abs" Uncle Brian commented.

"Were just thankful that we were invited" Uncle Jason stated.

We all laughed and began to dig in.

"This turkey better taste good short shit or I swear you'll be the first person I'll haunt when I'm dead because of it" Uncle Jimmy said.

"Hey now, I wasn't the only one who prepared it" Uncle Johnny said defending himself and then looking at Jayden.

"Well of course it's not poisonous, I'm Italian for Christ sake. I can cook!" Jayden replied.

These are the moments that I will forever cherish whether it'd be ridiculous or funny, I wouldn't change anything or any of them for the world. I believe nothing could ever ruin this moment, until the doorbell rang..

Uncle Zacky got up and peered out the curtains to look out the window on whoever could be possibly ruining our Thanksgiving dinner.

He sighed, "It's crazy lady again. Probably here for Abby"

And I spoke too soon..
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thought I would make a quick chapter that's related to the holiday. Promise next chapter will be longer! My semester is almost finished, so possibly more updates will be coming along.

What are you thankful for? :)

Subscribe.Comment.Enjoy!