‹ Prequel: This Fragile Game
Status: sequel to This Fragile Game

Looking For Misery

Chapter Three.

Kennedy stood by the soda machine that was a few feet away from Pat and Tim's table. He watched as the two brothers hugged and made up feeling slightly happier for Pat. But he still wasn't to fond of Tim, he destroyed Pat in ways he couldn't even comprehend. Of course nothing could compare to the pain he inflicted on Pat. Kennedy could feel his chest tighten as he remember everything he did to Pat.

Why was he acting like a scared little boy? Why couldn't he just tell Pat the truth, tell Pat he was afraid to fall in love. Especially with another boy, especially with his best friend. "You look like a fucking creep." Garrett laughed standing next to Kennedy and refilling his soda cup with coke. "I'm just making sure Tim doesn't do anything." Kennedy mumbled intently watching the brother.

Garrett turned to face Tim and Pat as well a smile setting on his lips when Pat jumped up to hug his big brother. It warmed his heart when Tim hugged back meaning they made up and are on good terms now. "Maybe this is what Pat needs to lift his spirits." Garrett said taking a sip of his drink. Deep down Garrett knew what Pat needed, he needed Kennedy back. It bothered him how Pat was messing with John's emotions, especially since John isn't one to fall so easily.

Which means when John's heart is broken, they'd have to help John next.

"Maybe." Kennedy mumbled knowing that Pat would always have that thing nudging at his heart. "Guys stop staring." Jared and John suddenly showed up. Everyone turned to stare at Pat and Tim as they talked a while more before parting ways. Pat came skipping to the group a large smile on his face. Kennedy could feel his heart lurch and he tried to hide behind Jared.

"I have my big brother back." Pat giggled jumping into John's arms and hugging him tightly. John gave Pat a tight smile, he was happy for Pat and Tim but he still doesn't trust Tim like he use to.

"Lets go watch the movie." John said holding onto Pat's hand tightly and leading them to the theater. Everyone settled into their seats, Pat placed right between Kennedy and John, and waited for the movie to begin.

The movie was an hour and thirty minutes long, but it didn't feel like it. Everyone was consumed in their own thoughts. Kennedy was sitting next to Pat constantly looking over to the boy who was leaning forward in his seat obviously engrossed in the movie. He couldn't help but smile as he watched the boy, missing the days he spent with him.

John on the other hand was glaring at Kennedy who was staring at his Pat. John continued to glare hoping Kennedy would notice and look away, but he didn't. The movie finally ended and everyone headed out the theater. "Can we eat I'm hungry." Garrett said rubbing his tummy.

"You ate a bunch of candy just now." Jared said walking along side Garrett as they headed to the parking lot. Kennedy, John and Pat lingered behind walking a slow pace. "I'm tired." Pat suddenly said yawning slightly. He hoped John would just take him home and let him sleep, without eating.

Kennedy instantly noticed Pat's attempt to get out of eating a meal. He stared at the boy for a while before speaking up, "You could just get something small and we'll take it to go so you can eat at home." he reasoned.

Pat glared at Kennedy shortly before looking up to John with large eyes, "Can I please go home?" he asked making his voice sound small and innocent. John bit his lip, he wanted Pat to eat something considering he hasn't eaten anything all day but at the same time he know's if Pat doesn't get his way he's throw a tantrum. "Just eat something small." John said holding onto Pat's hand tightly.

Pat pulled his hand away and crossed his arms over his chest, "I wanna sleep."

"Not until you eat something." Kennedy said as everyone piled into a car. Pat sat right in between Kennedy and John, he felt awkward considering his ex was at his left while his boyfriend was at his right. Not to mention they're also best friends, he could recall Kennedy calling him a whore one night when Kennedy was drunk and talking to Garrett in the living room. He remember Kennedy said Pat was only hoping from person to person, and he'd go after Garrett next.

It hurt Pat, a lot but he's almost positive the next day Kennedy didn't even remember saying it. But he was clearly thinking it.

"We're here!" Garrett cheered hurrying out the car and entering the Wendy's fast food place. Everyone got out the car, Pat clutching onto John as they walked into the semi-empty restaurant. Garrett was already ordering with Jared by his side. Kennedy rushed past the couple to order his meal while John held onto Pat's hand tightly. "So what do you feel like having?" John asked pulling out his wallet while looking at the menu.

"A frosty." Pat replied softly. Ice-cream is one of the easiest things to throw up. "That's all." Pat whispered walking to the group of friends sitting around a table at the back of the restaurant.

John stared at Pat with concern watching his thin body weave through the tables to the one everyone sat at. It worried him Pat wasn't eating three square meals a day. "Sit may I take your order?" the woman asked from behind the counter.

John stared at the petite blond girl, he felt like he knew who she was. "Um yeah." John mumbled and quickly ordered his food. He also ordered Pat a small kids meal to go along with his frosty just so he'd get something heavier in his stomach. The girl handed John his change and receipt, "It's good to see you John." she whispered blushing softly.

Then he remember her, she was the last girl he'd been with since he started going out with Pat. He'd just gotten back from tour, in fact it was the same night he got home. He went out for some drinks and bumped into her, she was an old peer from high school. They hit it off and he woke up the next morning in bed with her.

"Nice to see you too." John said politely before taking his order and making his way to the table. He set his tray down and Pat stared at it oddly, there was a kids meal on the tray and John's meal. He took the frosty and ate small bite while John took everything off the tray. "I got you a kids meal." John said handing Pat the food. "So you'd get something heavier in your system." he added.

"I'm fine." Pat said not taking the food. He continued to eat his frosty completely ignoring John's stare once he was done he excused himself from the table and slipped into the bathroom. He entered a stall and closed the door behind him. He dropped down to his knees and stuck his fingers down his throat feeling the liquid pour from his lips. "Pat what's wrong?" he heard John's worried voice ask.

He felt nervous suddenly. "I think I'm sick." Pat mumbled pathetically opening the stall and letting John in. "John take me home, please." Pat whispered curling into John's lap and sobbing softly. John ran his fingers through Pat's hair and stood up. He flushed the toilet and headed out the bathroom holding Pat securely in his arms.

"Guy's can we head out, Pat's sick." John whispered holding Pat tightly in his arms, feeling his body shake with cries. Everyone nodded and got up heading toward the exit, as John left the restaurant he caught a glimpse of the girl. She smiled kindly at him her smile never reaching her eyes. She kept glancing at Pat in his arms. John gave her a small smile before exiting along with his friends.

Pat noticed the smile John exchanged with the girl and felt his heart clench slightly. Why was he smiling at her? Is there something he doesn't know? Is John falling out of love with Pat?

All the questions made Pat's head hurt so he allowed himself to drift into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
new chapter (:
<3