Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

Pang of Jealousy

December 21st, 2011
Wednesday Night
Location: Drew’s House
7:34 PM


“Drew!” Rose called, walking into my room with a cream colored towel draped over her body.

“Yes?” I asked nonchalantly.

“We need to do something!” She pouted, stomping her right foot for added effect. I shut my laptop and sat up on the bed.

“Like?” I motioned for her to continue.

“I don’t know. We could go see a movie and hit on cute guys!” Rose exclaimed. I chuckled.

“Are you forgetting that I have a boyfriend?” I replied.

“Oh yeah,” she dragged her suitcase into my closet and shut the door.

“We could still go see a movie,” she suggested. I shrugged, but then realized she couldn’t see me.

Rose walked out in a loose white shirt with a polka dot black and white tight fitting skirt. I nodded in approval. “You look nice,” I slurred my words together. Rose smiled and flipped her wet hair.

“Okay, now it’s your turn. If we’re going to the movies, we both need to look good,” she said. I rolled my eyes.

“No. I’m going in a sweatshirt and jeans,” I grumbled. I didn’t have anyone to impress. It wasn’t like Pacey was going to be there.

As Rose began to disapprove, I heard a couple of knocks on my door. “Yes?” I asked. Ethan promptly walked in my room. When he noticed Rose, he shyly smiled.

“Hey, a couple my friends are over, so don’t freak out when you walk downstairs and see four guys covered in food,” he began to laugh. My brother’s friends were ridiculous. Whenever they came over, they would have food fights and run around the house like kids.

I sighed. “Just don’t make a mess, okay?” I insisted. Ethan nodded and walked out of my room, giving Rose one last glance. Rose jumped on top of me.

“Are you crazy!?” She screamed.

“What?” I asked, pushing her off of me.

“Why didn’t you ask him if he wanted to go to a movie with us?” She said. I bushed my eyebrows together and narrowed my eyes skeptically.

“Do you have a crush on my brother or something?” I asked. Who would have a crush on Ethan? He wasn’t ugly, but his personality was not very attractive. I shriveled in disgust thinking that my best friend would like my brother.

“No! I just think he’s cute,” she smiled, looking in a mirror and fixing her hair.

“Do you promise you won’t hit on him?” I asked.

“I’ll try my best!” Rose replied. I got off my bed and went downstairs.

“Ethan?” I called.

“Yeah?” I heard a muffled voice a couple feet away from me. I walked into the kitchen and saw him, Travis, Shane, and Drake shoving leftover spaghetti into their already full mouths. When Ethan’s friends saw me, their mouths dropped, making all of the food in them fall out and onto the counter. I winced, and pulled myself up onto the table.

“Hey Drew,” Drake welcomed.

I waved, but then directed my eyes to meet Ethan’s. “Rose was wondering if you guys wanted to go see a movie with us,” I said despondently. Ethan moved his lips into a coy smile.

“Okay, what are we going to see?” He asked. Travis swallowed his food and looked up at me.

“The Amazing Spiderman!” He said, jumping up and down.

I smirked, but agreed with him.

~~*~~

“That was amazing!” Shane commented when we had walked out of the movie theater and into the mall. The movie had been great. I really enjoyed the new version with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. I thought it was fresh and told a different story all at once. However, I hated that Ethan was flirting with Rose the whole time.

I was fine with them liking each other, but not around me. Before we walked into the food court, I got a call. “Hello?” I answered.

“Hello Angel face," Pacey replied.

I sighed. “I thought I told you not to call me that,” I laughed, thinking about his expression right now. I wanted to see him so bad. I wanted to hug him, lie in his arms, stay with him on a rainy night, huddled together in bed. But I couldn’t. He wasn’t allowed to visit the whole break. I knew it wasn’t terrible, but I was seriously dying.

I heard Pacey chuckle gruffly. I wanted to hear him talk forever. “How’ve you been?” He asked.

“Aside from the fact that my brother is totally hitting on Rose, just dandy,” I said sarcastically.

“That’s an interesting combination,” he said.

“Ugh, I know. It’s really disturbing. Come down here and save me?” I pleaded.

“I can’t! I already told you my parents are taking us on vacation,” he said, sounding more stressed out than sad.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“It’s Addirah. She’s been trying to get with me for a while now,” he said, a twang of frustration hidden in his voice.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked, jealousy sprouting up in me. What if he went back to her? What if he cheated on me?

“I didn’t want you to worry, like you are now,” he said.

“I’m not worried, I’m just…. Missing you,” I said. That was partially true. I did miss him so much. But I was anxious. I had never been in such a serious relationship before. If he cheated on me, I didn’t know what I would do.

“I’ve …I’ve got to go,” he said hesitantly.

“Bye Pace,” I said, not wanting to let go of him.

“Bye Drew,” he said. I hung up quickly and caught up with Rose, Shane, Travis, Drake and Ethan.

“What took you so long?” Rose asked.

“Just talking to Pacey,” I mumbled.

This was killing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone.
I'm sorry this chapter is so short. I've been really busy lately. I don't know if anyone has heard or checked my stories page, but I'm starting a couple of books with other authors. So yes, that means I won't be updating this as often, but I'll still be writing. And I'll try to write longer chapters so that it's definitely worth the wait. I'm sorry guys. But if you do get super impatient, feel free to check out the other stories.
Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who has commented, subscribed, and recommended.
I love all of you! I plan on updating within the next couple of days.
MWAH.