Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

Past Circumstances

November 22nd, 2011
Tuesday Afternoon
Location: The Plane
3:33 PM


“So, you live a couple hours away from me?” I asked Pacey when we were comfortably seated next to each other on the plane.

“Yeah, or as far as I know. I’ll try and visit you some time this week before we have to go back,” he replied.

I smiled. Although Pacey and I weren’t officially together, we were definitely much closer. We agreed on taking our relationship slow. Technically, what we had wasn’t even a relationship. But I was fine with what it was. I knew that in time, we would be a couple, and I was ready to wait.

~~*~~

The plane ride took a couple of hours, but the time seemed to go by really fast. Pacey and I talked about everything, from holidays to summer and swimming. When there was nothing else to say, I rested my head on his shoulder. And for once in my life, I felt like the pieces of my puzzle were finally coming together.

Eventually the plane had landed and Pacey and I walked out of the landing strip together. When we were out of the airport, we said our goodbyes. “Wow, it’s going to be weird not seeing you every morning,” I said.

“Is that a good thing?” He asked half smiling and half wondering what I was going to say.

“Well, yes and no,” I smirked. “But you’re going to try and see me, right?”

“Yeah, I’ll try. There’s my mom. I’ll see you later Drew,” he said, setting his suitcase down and wrapping me into a bone crushing hug. “Pacey, you’re killing me,” I screamed.

He let go and looked at me. “Sorry,” he said clumsily before grabbing my cheeks and kissing me lightly on the forehead.

“See you soon. Be safe!” I exclaimed as he strolled away with his suitcase to his mother’s car.

He waved promptly and set his bag in the trunk. I watched as his car drove away, and instantly felt lonely. I hadn’t had this feeling in a really long time. It was weird not having Pacey around me. He was always looking out for me, and I felt like a part of me was gone when he wasn’t there.

Less than a minute later my brother had appeared. “Who was that?” he asked, attempting to give an angry glare at me like a good protective older sibling.

“That’s the first thing you say to me in months?” I replied. Ethan smirked.

“Come here,” he pulled me in for a hug, and I could smell the excessive amount of cologne he had put on.

When we were driving away, Ethan quickly looked at me. “So, who was that?” I smiled.

“Pacey,” his name coming off of my lips so smoothly.

“That’s Pacey? Oh, mom has been talking about him. She says you always send her emails about him,” I glared at him.

“So how has it been at home?” I asked.

“It’s been really lonely. I’ve just been sending in college applications and mom and dad cook dinner and talk about how they miss you,” he stated. “Oh, and Austin has been asking about you,” he finished.

Great. Austin was my ex. I was happy we were broken up. I didn’t like him. When we broke up I was depressed, but I knew it was for a good reason. We just didn’t work out.

~~*~~

“Honey! It’s so great to see you!” My mom exclaimed as she rushed to hug me when Ethan and I got home. She was in tears when she pushed away.

“Hi mom,” I said, laughing. My father walked out and hugged me.

“Welcome home Drew,” he said.

“Thanks dad,” I replied.

I hauled my suitcase up to my room and looked around when I was there. I hadn’t been in that room for months, and it was weird seeing it, staring right back at me. I decided to not unpack my clothes because I would be leaving on Friday anyway.

I took my phone out of my pocket and called Rose. For the past couple of days, Rose and I had become instant friends. She had told me everything about her life, and she expected to know everything about mine.

“Hey girl, what’s up?” She asked, listening to rock music in the background.

“I just got home. I’m exhausted,” I replied.

“Then sleep?” She questioned, acting like I was an idiot.

“Well I need to tell you something!” I exclaimed, sounding like a little girl.

“Yes?” Rose asked in excitement.

“Austin is back,” I stated.

And with that, everything became silent. Rose didn’t really answer because I had told her about everything previously.

“What are you going to do?” She asked suspiciously.

“I don’t know! I’m completely over him and I don’t want him ruining what I have with Pacey,” I said.

“You’ll figure it out. I know you will. I have to go. Talk to you later,” she said and hung up.

I sighed and lay on my bed, instantly passing out.

It seemed like only seconds when I had been woken up by my brother. “Drew, there’s someone at the door for you,” he said shaking me from my sleep.

“But I’m so tired,” I said. Ethan picked me up and dropped me onto the ground.

“OW!” I screamed.

“Are you up now?” He snickered.

I rubbed my head as I got up. “You’re so mean to me. What time is it?” I asked.

“It’s eight in the morning,” Ethan replied.

“Wait, so there’s someone at the door at eight in the morning on Thanksgiving break?” I asked, half surprised and half irritated.

“Yes, now go,” Ethan said, pushing me downstairs. I attempted to fix my hair before opening the door. And when I did, I was in for the shock of my life.

“Austin?” I replied airily.

He smiled at me, his hair cropped to the side perfectly.

“Can we talk?” He asked.

I slightly nodded and led him to my porch chairs. “So why are you here?” I asked.

“I’ve missed you Drew,” he said. He acted like he could just say those words and everything would be okay again. But that wasn’t the case. I wasn’t going to take him back.

I sighed. “Austin, you know it’s over. I can’t be with you again,” I replied, trying to get to the point.

“But why? I swear I’ve changed,” he said.

“Austin, what you did to me was terrible. I’m not just going to prance back to you. You don’t deserve another chance,” I said harshly.

“I still like you Drew. I miss you. I am so sorry for everything I did. I understand now that that was a huge mistake and you’re the only one for me,” he said.

“I am not. You made me a terrible person. You got me into things I’m still struggling with today. You may not be over me, but I’m over you,” I replied coldly.

He didn’t give up. “Don’t you miss what we had?” He asked.

“No, not really. I know it was all lies,” I shrugged.

Austin stood up from the chair and straightened himself out. “Okay Drew, but I will get you back. I’ll make sure of it,” he said.

And with that, he walked away, making me both love him and hate him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, this is the worst chapter ever.
I am so sorry.
I'll try and reedit this tomorrow.
But for now, I'm exhausted.
You know the drill.
Thank you for the comments, subscriptions, and recommendations. They mean the WHOLE WORLD to me. I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Mwah.(: