Status: Updating slowly

Let The Games Begin!

The Parameters

Because of us being one of the closest with the Capitol, we get the required information within only a day. I can tell by the expression on our mayor’s face that he is not enjoying this news either. He, our mayor, announces that tonight at six o’clock there is a mandatory announcement concerning the new ”Hunger Games”. I know no one in any of the districts is looking forward to this, but they will not have the information for another couple of days to a week. We only have it now because we are particularly good terms with the Capitol, being from District 1 and making luxury goods and all. The only other district that is this close with the Capitol is District 2. I still don’t know if knowing sooner or later would be best but I have to accept what is given to me, for all I know this could be a huge advantage.
Everyone in District 1 is tuned in at exactly six to hear what is obviously going to be the scariest hour I have ever faced. As soon as the clock begins to chime, the mayor appears on the screen, as punctual as ever.

“Greetings,” the mayor begins, her expression making me prepare for the worst, “as we all know from yesterdays Capitol broadcast, there will be a change in how things are being governed.”

At this point you can tell he has been given a direct script to follow.

“The ‘Hunger Games’,” he continues, “will be set up this year, and continued in all the years to come. The parameters are simple: every citizen in each of the remaining 12 districts between the ages of 12 and 18 will have their names entered into ‘the reaping’, a drawing of sorts, with the age of 12 having their name entered once and adding one each continuing year.”

You can tell that it is actually paining him to give this speech.

“If your name has the honor of being chosen, you will get the privilege of competing against the other ‘tributes’ for eternal glory, but if anyone is against this person, being boy or girl. They and they alone will be allowed to step forward and take their place in the Games Only one victor will be crowned each year, the others will have perished in the arena. The arena itself will not only be different each year, but designed to test your abilities against wild animals, non-polar climates, using your surroundings, and yes: your fellow tributes. And each tribute will be granted the right of having a ‘district token’ as you will, something to remind them of home. And most important of all, to show exactly how much of a mistake our fatal attempts at an uprising, this battle, stretching over several weeks, will be broadcasted live to the entire nation of Panem.”

After that I think that I am in danger of hyperventilating, and it doesn’t matter anyway because after that our mayor signs off and the screen goes dark once again. And I am glad.
The last thing I register before he signs off is that this will be taking place immediately, meaning that our first reaping will be three months from now. Who will get chosen is a complete mystery to everyone, no one knows whose name will be on that one slip of paper…but I sure as hell hope it isn’t me.

I will only have to wait and see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pleas comment, even if what you think is horrible, I want opinions and advice. Be as honest with me as humanly possible...<3
I know it is starting a little slow, but there is a lot of back story before I can get to the games, or even the reaping...but please stay with me here!!! ;) <3