Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

Crazy, I know.

"LIZ! LIZ ANSWER ME!" I heard being yelled. I opened my eyes and looked around. I felt arms wrap around me tightly. I saw Ben being led outside in handcuffs. Jack was bouncing Thomas to make him stop crying. I looked at Alex and saw his face covered in tears. 

"What happened?" I whispered.
"Ben saw you going downstairs to get the door and he tackled you down the stairs. You hit your head pretty bad baby." he said stroking my cheek.
"Is Thomas okay?" I asked. 
"Yeah he's okay. Just tired and shaken up a little bit." Alex said as he helped me sit up slowly. I felt something dripping on my face and reached up to feel it and saw blood on my fingers. 

"Want the ambulance people to clean that up for you?" Alex whispered. I nodded a little.
"Keep Thomas in here. Even try to put him to bed please." I said aloud. I saw Jack nod and salute a little. Alex swept me up and carried me outside to the medics. I sat on the back of the truck as they cleaned up the cut on my forehead. 

"I feel like I've been in a car crash." I mumbled.
"You will for a few days sweetie." the woman cleaning me up told me. "Take it easy the next couple days. No loud music, no screaming, not too much tv, and as little amount of stress as possible. You're going to be more prone to headaches for a while." she said. 
"Thank you. Am I all set?" she nodded and I walked back to the house. Alex and Jack were in the doorway waiting for me. I walked right to Alex and hugged him. 

"What'd they say?" Alex asked as he rubbed my back.
"I have to take it easy the next few days. No loud music, no screaming, some tv, and no stress." I repeated what the woman had told me. 
"So it looks like Jack won't be here the next few days." Alex said and we laughed lightly. I let go of Alex and hugged Jack.
"Thanks for coming and taking Thomas. I owe you big time." I said into his shoulder.
"Let me come over the next few days. Don't let Alex be mean to me." he pouted.
"Only if you promise to be quiet and helpful." 
"Of course." he said and kissed my head.
"Okay. I'm gonna head up to bed." I said hugging Jack again then hugging Alex and kissing his cheek. I walked up the stairs slowly and went to Thomas' room and saw he was still awake.

"Wanna sleep with mommy tonight, baby boy?" I asked softly. He nodded and I picked him up. He rested his head on my shoulder and started sucking his thumb. I went to my room and laid us down. I got us comfortable then rubbed Thomas's back until we fell asleep.

-------------------
I woke up the next morning by myself and sat up worried until I noticed the note on my forehead.

"Don't worry, I have Tom. Stay in bed today, baby. I'll bring up breakfast soon.

I love you
AWG"

I sighed and laid back down. I grabbed my phone and dialed the house phone.

"Good morning lazy Lizzie." Alex laughed.
"I want my boys with me." I said with a smile.
"Okay. We'll be up soon. Hope you're hungry. I made a ton of food."
"Without burning anything?" I teased.
"Someone still has their humor." Alex said sarcastically.
"Just come cuddle with me Lex." I whispered.
"I will, Lizzie. I will." he smiled. We hung up and I waited for them to come up. I heard Alex talking as he came upstairs. 

"Ta da!" he said holding Thomas with one hand, the food in the other. I laughed and took a picture then sat up do I could eat.
"This actually looks good, Lex. Good job." I laughed.
"Ha ha." he said kidding me softly. 

We ate then Alex brought the dishes back to the kitchen. I let Thomas crawl around the blankets a little. He looked adorable as always. Alex came back up and played with him as I watched. 

"How are you feeling?" Alex asked.
"Tired. Is Jack still here?" I asked quietly.
"Yeah he's finishing the dishes. Crazy I know." he placed Thomas on his lap. I smiled when Thomas smiled up at Alex.
"My boys." I said as I cuddled my pillows.
"Always." Alex whispered then gently kissed my head. 
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit if a filler! Kind of at a block right now.