Status: Active

Lover's Dance

For our love

I tiptoed down the stairs, careful not to walk the two other people in the house as I jumped over the second to last step that liked to squeak. Quickly, I moved into the kitchen and got out a cup and poured some orange juice inside, along with a small piece of bread wrapped in a napkin with pretty flowers on it.
“Do you know how cool that guest room is?”
My eyes widened and I shushed Josh as he paraded into the kitchen. “Amanda’s sleeping!” I whispered urgently. He tilted his head in confusion.
“Who?” He asked loudly. Again, I shushed him. “Sorry,” He whispered. “Who?”
“Amanda.” I repeated. “She’s our tour manager and manager, she lives with me.”
“Oh,” He nodded his head, understanding. “And she’s-“
“Sleeping with a huge hangover.” I finished. “Possibly. I don’t know yet, I have to go wake her up and find out. That’s what this is for.” I gestured to the orange juice and bread in my hands. He nodded.
“Oh okay, I’m sorry. I’ll be quiet.” He smiled.
“Thank you,” I said softly, smiling myself and walking past him towards the stairs. “You can make yourself at home,” I whispered over my shoulder. I hurriedly made my way upstairs and into Amanda’s room.
Amanda’s room still looked like she was a teenager. One of her walls were covered with posters from her favorite band –Casper’s Dance included, of course- and tickets from concerts she’s attended. Another was covered over with pretty wallpaper with nice pictures of vintage cars, and the third was just painted a deep red. Her bed was an iron post queen with light blue sheets and a hand-quilted blanker her grandma made her. Laying haphazardly on the bed, Amanda’s legs were almost touching the floor and her hair covered a majority of her face. I walked over to the sleeping girl and lightly poked her nose until she fidgeted and opened her eyes.
"Good morning sunshine," I cooed, "The Earth says hello."
Amanda slowly smiled before rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Good morning," She yawned. "What happened last night?"
"You got fucked up." I said simply, laughing quietly. "Then Daniel drove us home, I tucked you in, Josh showed up at the door and slept in the guest room, and now I'm bringing you some yummy stuff just in case that aspirin didn't work and you've got a hangover. Do you have a hangover?"
Amanda slowly sat up and swung her legs over the bed, patting the spot next to her on the bed. I immediately went to sit beside her and offered her the juice and bread. She grabbed the juice first, taking a long sip.
"I don't have a hangover." She said after a moment. "Thanks for the aspirin. Thanks for everything, actually." I just nodded as she took the bread and bit off a piece. She chewed thoughtfully in silence until her eyes widened and she turned to me. "Did you say Josh showed up at the door?" She said between chews. I laughed and shushed her, not wanting Josh to hear.
"Yes, I did." I laughed. "He rang the doorbell right after I got you in bed and apologized."
"Did you forgive him?" She asked urgently. I smirked.
"I said he slept over, didn't I?" Amanda gasped.
"Laney, you didn't-"
"You're right, I didn't." I rolled my eyes. "Of course I didn't. We kissed, then I invited him inside and we talked for a little bit before I showed him the guest room so he could sleep. Purely innocent, I swear."
Amanda nodded, content with my promise. "Is he still here?" She asked.
"Yeah, he's downstairs right now." She nodded again. After a moment she turned to me, frowning.
"Can I go back to sleep?" She begged. I laughed and got off of the bed, telling her to sleep as long as she needed before closing the door behind me and running into my room, where I took the quickest shower possible and changed into something comfortable. I found Josh still in the kitchen, sitting on the counter and sipping on some juice.
"Hey you," I greeted happily.
"Hey you. So is she puking?"
"Nope, she's fine. Just wants to sleep some more." Josh nodded.
"That's good."
We were left in silences for a few moments, Josh drinking his juice and looking at me, me munching on some cookies and looking everywhere else.
"So," he said finally, "What do you want to do?"
Image

"A whole new world-"
"Don' you dare close your eyes!"
"A hundred thousand things to see!"

I laughed, relaxing onto Josh's chest as he sang a few more lines from the movie. He laughed as well, glancing down at me.
"I really like this movie." I told him.
"I really like you." He said quickly. I smirked, trying not to blush.
"I really like you too." I said quietly. This was the second movie we'd watched, right after Beauty and the Beast. Next we planned to watch The Jungle Book. It was days like today that made me glad I never threw away my Disney collection.
Looking up at him slyly, I watched Josh lean down just as I moved to meet his lips, smiling into the kiss.
"I heard Josh Hutcherson was in the house!"
We sprang apart just as Amanda reached the bottom of the stairs, fully awake in a pretty sun dress and flats. I glared at Amanda and sighed.
"You heard right. Amanda, Josh. Josh, Amanda."
Josh removed himself from the couch -much against my will- and went to greet Amanda, firmly shaking her hand.
"How're you doing?" He asked. "I gather you had a crazy night."
"I'm okay," Amanda laughed. "Laney here took great care of me."
"Somehow, that doesn't surprise me." He smiled, looking back at me and winking. I buried my face in a couch pillow, wishing we could just start watching the movie again.
"Well," Amanda sighed, "I've got to go. I'll be home later, okay Lane?"
I poked my head from the couch. "Where are you going?" I asked.
"Just need to run some errands, stop by and make sure everyone's okay after the party, the works." I nodded, laying back down on the couch.
"Tell everyone I said hi," I said.
"Oh don't worry, I will."
I heard the door close behind her and didn't dwell on her meaning because Josh came back and laid beside me. Leaning on his arm, he smiled at me.
"She seems nice."
"She is." I nodded. "A little eccentric, but nice."
Josh plays with a strand of my hair, twirling it around his finger and studying my face. I looked away uncomfortably, focusing on the TV again.
"So I take it you like Disney movies?" I asked him. He smiled.
"Oh yeah, I love them. I can't believe you've kept all of these, I probably wouldn't have kept this long."
“Are you going to keep me?” I ask slyly, leaning closer. He shruggs.
“For now,” He says. I gasp and push him backwards playfully. He grabs onto my arms and pulls me with him, keeping me against him on the couch. He presses his nose to mine.
“Forever.” His voice is barely above a whisper when he assures me. I smile back softly, kissing him quickly.
"Let's go to Disney." He said suddenly, his eyes lighting up.
"Disney?" I question. He nods quickly.
"Well, yeah. I'm only in town for a few days, and I want to go to Disney with you." I smiled and think about it, shrugging.
"Okay then, we'll go to Disney tomorrow. Today, we do our research and watch as many movies as we possibly can."
"Sounds like a plan," He smiles, grabbing my hands and pulling me into a heated kiss. I briefly run my fingers through his hair before grabbing the remote and blindly pressing play. Josh stopped, pulling away and looking at the TV curiously then at me, as I'd sat up.
"What was the for?" He asked.
"I heard a car." I answered simply, gluing my eyes to the movie.
"And?" He laughed.
The door opened and Matt and Ethan paraded in, zoning in on Josh.
"That's why," I laughed quietly, glancing at Josh before smiling at the boys.
"Hey guys! What're you doing here?"
"Nothing." Matt said quickly. "We just wanted to uh- step in. Check on you, right Ethan?" He nudged Ethan, who nodded.
"Yeah, that's right."
I looked at the two of them suspiciously. "Boys, meet Josh. Josh, this is Matt and Ethan."
Josh smiled and moved to say hello. As the three of them spoke I watched my band mates carefully.
"So," I said after a minute. "Have you seen Amanda today?"
"Yeah!" Ethan said quickly. Immediately Matt slapped his arm and Ethan corrected himself. "I mean, she stopped by earlier, yes. Briefly. Why?"
I rolled my eyes and laughed. "No reason."
Soon the boys left and Josh and I continued watched Aladdin, finishing that and continuing on to The Jungle Book. During the rest of the day, we cuddled and talked and laughed and stole kisses before being interrupted by one of my friends, just coming to say hi. First Lori popped her head in and introduced herself, glancing at me slyly before leaving, then Kayla and Jacob stopped in on their way to the store. Josh thought nothing of it, introducing himself nicely to everyone. I on the other hand, suspected otherwise and when Amanda finally came home hours later, I raised an eyebrow and looked at her knowingly. She shrugged her shoulders innocently before excusing herself for bed. I looked over at Josh but found him asleep himself. Smiling, I leaned over and kissed him softly. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled when he saw me.
"Good morning to you too," He joked.
"Not good morning," I corrected. "Good night. It's almost 11, let's get you to bed."
He groaned, turning over. "I don't want to move," he said.
"You can sleep on the couch?" I offered. He shook his head.
"I was thinking more like your room?"
I smirked, raising an eyebrow at him. "Is that what you were thinking? Well, that can be arranged."
Smiling, Josh sat up and got off the couch, following me upstairs. Once in my room, I left him to change while I changed into my pajamas in the bathroom. I came back to find Josh in just the t-shirt he wore that day and his boxers, climbing into the bed. I walked over to him and gave him a soft, lingering kiss.
"What was the for?" He asked once I pulled away, a dopey smile on his face.
"A good night kiss." I explained, walking over to the door. "Good night, Josh." I sang, laughing at his expression as I turned off the light and closed the door. I walked up to the attic and fell asleep on the soft futon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've never really been good at writing lovey-dovey stuff, but I try, I try.
Anywho, this is indeed ch.9 and I hope you enjoy -all 43 of you.
Comment, maybe? No pressure.
~Des