Status: Active. Updated about once a week

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 8

Jimmy took Savannah’s hand and began leading her back to where the rest of her band members were mingling with the guys from Avenged Sevenfold. Zacky and his girlfriend were standing close by but were a little way away from the main group.

Savannah still felt herself catching her breath at the sight of Zacky and she muttered under her breath. She hated that the very man who could still make her catch her breath at the sight of him was the same man who had found her so lacking that he had dumped her whilst she was in hospital.

“If it’s any consolation we don’t know why he did it either”, Jimmy whispered to her. She glanced at him and smiled at the sincere look in his blue eyes. “He was crying when we found him outside, and we thought it was because of what the doctor had said, but then he said he didn’t want to go back.”
“He cried over me?”, Savannah asked. “Nobody ever told me that before.”
“We figured that we didn’t need to hurt you any more than Zacky had already done.” He slipped his arm around her and gave her a gentle squeeze. It wasn’t like Jimmy to be gentle with anything; usually when he hugged it was tight enough to make your eyes bug out and gasp for breath.
“Thanks for always being there Jim Jam”, Savannah smiled, looking up at Jimmy. She glanced over at Zacky long enough to see that his eyes had narrowed into slits and were focused on Jimmy’s arm around her waist. Oh for fucks sake, he wasn’t going to be like that was he? He didn’t want her but nobody else was allowed to touch her?!

She bit back the urge to say something as they walked up to the group, and a large smile lit up Savannah’s face when she spotted two girls standing with the guys from Avenged Sevenfold. A short black haired woman with killer curves separated herself from Brian and shrieked excitedly.
“Oh my gawd, you guys were fucking awesome!”, she yelled as she thew herself at Savannah. Trisha had been Brian’s girlfriend for the past five years, and Savannah and Erica had first met her when Brian had taken the girls to Trisha’s clothing store in Los Angeles. Trisha had a love of all things vintage and her clothing designs were a perfect blend of vintage and cutting edge rock fashion. She was one of the most down to earth women that Savannah had ever met, and the two had clicked almost instantly.
“Hey Trish”, Savannah smiled, hugging her shorter friend.
“Where’s my love?”, another female voice interjected and Savannah looked up and grinned at Jayde. The lovely young woman with the auburn hair and green eyes to rival Zacky had recently started dating Johnny. She was the same height as Savannah, however the boys had all taken to calling her “Gnomette” as she was shorter than Johnny. She disengaged herself from Trisha and hugged Jayde.
“It’s good to see you, hun”, Savannah smiled. “Has our little gnome been treating you alright?”
“Aww, he ain’t so little where it matters”, Jayde responded with a smirk. Johnny beamed with pride as Jimmy, Matt and Brian scoffed.
“Hell, Johnny ain’t no tripod”, Brian smirked. “No way he can compete with horse cock here”, he added, jabbing his thumb in Matt’s direction.
“You worry me, Brian”, Erica said, turning to look at him. “You have an obsession with Matt’s cock.”
“How did you get close enough to measure it anyway?”, Savannah asked, raising one eyebrow. Trisha giggled which turned to a full on laugh when Brian turned to look at her with beseeching eyes.
“Baby, they’re being mean to me”, he whined.
“I’ll deal with you and your own horse cock later”, she responded, to which Brian’s eyes lit up. He sidled over to his much shorter girlfriend and bent over slightly so that he could whisper into her ear. Her eyes widened.
“Keep it in your pants, big boy”, she giggled.

The guys all took turns greeting the girls, and when Matt crushed her in one of his patented teddy bear hugs she looked up at him.
“How you doing there, big guy?”, she asked him. He glanced down at her, his hazel eyes soft. He shrugged.
“I’m doing ok”, he responded. Matt had recently split up with his long time girlfriend Val, and although the break-up had been mutual and there were no hard feelings on either side it was so unusual to see one of them out without the other. Matt had confessed to the group that he missed being with someone, however he had chosen to wait to see if he could meet the right one rather than rush into something. That wouldn’t always be the case with alcohol and piles of groupies around, however Savannah, Erica, Trisha and Jayde weren’t above trying to do a little match-making.

Jimmy was still standing beside Savannah, and she looked up to notice him smiling down at her with a smirk.
“What are you up to?”, she asked him with a slight frown.
“It’s all part of the plan”, Jimmy responded, as if that explained everything.
“And just what is this wonderful plan of yours?”, Erica asked him. He glanced over at Zacky, who was still frowning. His girlfriend was studying her fingernails and looked like she would rather be anywhere else than at a party with her boyfriend.
“What crawled up her ass and died?”, Erica asked.
“Zacky must have hidden his credit card”, Matt responded with a smirk.
“So what’s this plan?”, Savannah asked Jimmy. Jimmy grinned at her, then back over at Zacky.
“I’m making him pay by thinking I’m your man. By the looks of it, it’s working pretty well.”
“It’s a bit hard to make someone pay when they don’t care”, Savannah responded softly.
“I never said I didn’t care”, a soft voice reached her ears and she looked up to notice that Zacky was walking past the group on the way to the bar. Savannah’s eyes widened at his statement. How could he care about her, when he had left her for dead in the hospital and had made no move to contact her for ten years?

Shortly afterward, Avenged Sevenfold had hit the stage to play their two songs, and like Crimson Sins they had chosen to play one fast song which had been Lost, and had then played Dear God. Shortly before they had started on the ballad, Matt had spoken into the microphone.
“This is one that Zacky wrote quite a few years ago now. It’s called Dear God.”

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find
While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can't help but wish that I was there
Back where I'd love to be, oh yeah

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again

There's nothing here for me on this barren road
There's no one here while the city sleeps
and all the shops are closed
Can't help but think of the times I've had with you
Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around
when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again

Some search, never finding a way
Before long, they waste away
I found you, something told me to stay
I gave in, to selfish ways
And how I miss someone to hold
when hope begins to fade...

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around
when I'm much too far away
We all need the person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again

“I never knew that Zacky wrote that”, Erica said after a moment as the song wound down to a close. “I always thought that Matt had written it for Val.”
“The romantic in me thinks that he wrote it for Vannah”, Trisha replied, putting her arm around her friend. “We can barely mention your name without him getting upset and storming out of the room. We kind of learned a long time ago not to mention you when he was around.”

Savannah looked at her friends in confusion. Why would Zacky be so upset at just hearing her name? Was he feeling guilty about walking out on her, and every time someone mentioned her name it brought back that guilt or was there another reason? She had noticed the way that Zacky had looked at her before he had gone onstage, and then had told her that he cared as he walked past.
“This tour’s gonna be interesting”, Erica sighed, seeing the faraway look in Savannah’s eyes. “It’s either gonna bring them closure, or it’s gonna turn it one giant shit storm.”
“I’m probably gonna have to vote for shit storm”, Jayde sighed. “He’s jealous of how close you and Jimmy are”, she added looking at Savannah with a sad smile.
“He has no right to be jealous”, Savannah sighed. “He was the one who ended it. I always believed him when he told me that he loved me, and look how wrong I was.”
“He did love you, babygirl”, Erica said, pulling Savannah into a hug. “I know he did.”
“Well, if he could do that to me whilst supposedly loving me, I’d hate to see what he would do to someone that he didn’t love”, she sighed in response.
♠ ♠ ♠
a big thank you to the following lovelies for their comments. I hope I got your characters down right :-)

Syn Gates
trishahhh
becca65
mistery gurl

I'm still needing a girl for Matt if anyone out there is interesting in taking on some tattooed beefcake? :-)

And in response to the comments, Zacky doesn't really have memory loss but there's a lot more to the story that hasn't been revealed yet but it's a major part of the plot and I can't reveal it just yet, otherwise it will be a very short story lol. Besides, it's kind of fun to make Zacky squirm :p

A big thank you also to all of my subscribers. Yay, I picked up 6 on the last chapter which makes me a very happy camper :-)